Members with odd E=Mail adresses are people too.

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
cruzingoose

Members with odd E=Mail adresses are people too.

Post by cruzingoose »

Tired of being ignored because you use an odd e-mail address? So am I. We are honest working stiffs. We just like to have a "public e=mail address" that is not personal, filtered to reduce spam, can be given out to anyone, and separate from our personal e-mail. And in the event of total BS, can be simply deleted and forgotten.

So when we reply to an offering, please have the courtesy to respond and not ignore us.

Tony,
KA1OTT
spam_killer@juno.com
Gun control is like reducing drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars.
n5wrx

Re: Members with odd E=Mail adresses are people too.

Post by n5wrx »

Gee ... those are the same reasons the scammers use them also.

"We just like to have a "public e=mail address" that is not personal, filtered to reduce spam, can be given out to anyone, and separate from our personal e-mail. And in the event of total BS, can be simply deleted and forgotten"
cruzingoose

Post by cruzingoose »

True, But scammers won't leave verifiable contact informaton .
Gun control is like reducing drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars.
ni4z

Odd email address

Post by ni4z »

An email forwarder is available to all ARRL members. You can have callsign@arrl.net very easily. Another good reason to join the ARRL. Of course you cannot originate mail from this address, but I have used google (gmail) for several years now with excellent results. Just giving alternate ideas.
cruzingoose

Post by cruzingoose »

Scammers have no verifiable info, but here it is certainly easy enough to look up my call sign or anyone elses to find out who thay are. But at this point, even IF you know whom you are dealing with, deals can still go bad. You sends your money and you takes your chances.
cruzingoose

Re: Members with odd E=Mail adresses are people too.

Post by cruzingoose »

Just to satisfy a rant I've thinking about...... Not all hams want to be an ARRL member. As they say, "Membership has its priveliges", I don't need any more priveliges. As was mentioned earlier, one can NOT originate an email using the ARRL forwarder, so to me having such is useless. As far as my JUNO email address is concerned, I got this email address when GOOGLE was still in diapers. It still works and I see no need to change it. I don't subscribe to the "ALL KNOWING GOOGLE DIETY" or its busisness practices, not on my phone, not as my browser and not as my search engine. AHHHHHHH I feel much better now.