Enough is Enough with this NOT wanting to Ship

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
W2YM

Enough is Enough with this NOT wanting to Ship

Post by W2YM » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm

Enough is Enough.. I am tired of people not wanting to ship there equipment. It is rediculous that people don't want to ship. Comes down that there LAZY most of them. If your older person get someone to help you like a friend or relative. Don't give me that Covid crap.. this shipping problem has been going on for at least 3 to 5 years now. Then the excuse well if I ship it might get damaged. Well two things learn to pack things or have UPS or FedX pack it for you. I have shipped out radio such as 1000D's, IC-781 without org. box's. Not one problem... Just to many excuses. I have had numerous surgery's on neck and back and I don't complain I just ship out my equipment when I sell it. I just can't believe what is going on these days with the country being so LAZY. (America) that is.. Sad ,,, thanks for reading this, Mark W2YM have nice Easter week. 73's.

W3DL

Re: Enough is Enough with this NOT wanting to Ship

Post by W3DL » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:00 pm

I feel the same way. It is not that difficult to pack and ship a radio or accessory. How did the radio or accessory get from the factory to the dealer and then to you, if not by a shipper? It's frustrating to find an AD for the item you are searching for only to read the AD and find out you can only buy it if you drive 1500 miles to pick it up.

Also, why limit your marketplace to hams within 100 miles of your home, when you could sell in a nationwide marketplace if you would take the simple step of boxing , insuring and shipping the item, your marketplace is actually global on an internet site.