Hallicrafters SR-2000 Hurricane + P-2000 power supply.

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
w4qg

Hallicrafters SR-2000 Hurricane + P-2000 power supply.

Post by w4qg »

All, I just acquired a Hallicrafters SR-2000 transceiver. Very little on the net as far as sale prices for this rigs. Radio and power supply does need cleanup, HV connector running from the PS to the rig is missing. Was told by the former owner that the radio does receive. Rig is complete, but has not been in use for 25+ years (obviously the power supply will need to be re-capped.) Appears to be complete other than the missing connector. Any thoughts as to the value of this radio? 73, Paul W4QG
N2ZD

Re: Hallicrafters SR-2000 Hurricane + P-2000 power supply.

Post by N2ZD »

w4qg wrote:All, I just acquired a Hallicrafters SR-2000 transceiver. Very little on the net as far as sale prices for this rigs. Radio and power supply does need cleanup, HV connector running from the PS to the rig is missing. Was told by the former owner that the radio does receive. Rig is complete, but has not been in use for 25+ years (obviously the power supply will need to be re-capped.) Appears to be complete other than the missing connector. Any thoughts as to the value of this radio? 73, Paul W4QG
I have two Hurricanes. Do you still have yours? Recapping the supply is expensive if you use twist lock caps. I made the two boards then recapped the power supplies with snap in caps and used the original cap covers
Over them. Then I replaced all of the other caps underneath. Most of the caps used in the radio are Metal film and will check good so the supply is the main focus. Other than a good cleaning, the radio should fire right up if no one had their hands in there. Hopefully your 8122's are good. 3 to 500 watts out in low power and the radios have Excellent rx's. I use mine all of the time.

The value is what one would want to pay for one. I've seen them go from 1200 to 4200 dollars based on condition and other factors. I paid quite a bit for my first one and got the second one from a friend for free. I love them both and they re
Fun rigs And usually the topic of the conversation when you state what you are using for a rig . Restore it, its easy to do and the radio is a blast
To use. Regards, Richy N2ZD