Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
kf7elu

Post by kf7elu »

Yeasu ft 857 how much is it worth? D model with mic manual and power cords no mobile bracket in good condition no problems.
K4ICL

Observation

Post by K4ICL »

The average price seen on QTH.com is $600 to $650. Price trend seems to be in the down direction.

K4ICL
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I've seen them as low as $500 plus shipping lately,but $600 seems to be pretty standard for now.
Larry Huff K0pd
NM7L

FT-857Ds

Post by NM7L »

Some other considerations that would affect pricing:

Age: The '857D has been in production since 2004. Naturally an older unit wouldn't command as high a price in the used market as a newer unit.

Mods: The '857 & early '857D units were able to be modded for MARS via software. This mod was reversible via hard reset (although I never figured the logic behind modding a "D" model for 60m when it came with it). The other 857Ds were modifyable only via hardware. Question rigs that have been opened up.

Accessories: '857Ds for many years were sold with the accessory YSK-857 separation kit. As an accessory it runs approximately $50.00. Consider this when pricing / purchasing. Also, having simple things like "the box" , "the power cable", "the manual", "the mobile bracket" and/or "the mic" should reflect what the 857D ultimately gets priced at. Minor hardware can be had at any hardware store. Having to purchase a replacement MMB-62 (mobile bracket) or MH-31A8J (standard hand mic) might be hard to swallow after spending $600.00 for a used FT-857D when they were once part of the original purchase package.

Initial Cost: 857Ds are currently selling new as low as $749.00 with the $20.00 coupon applied (and some will even ship it to you FREE).

These are some factors that should be considered when pricing this radio.
Remember, the views expressed above are opinions & should be only used as guidance.
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead