yaesu FT101

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
cnarosey

yaesu FT101

Post by cnarosey »

I have a Yeasu FT101...not sure if it is EE or not that is in good to very good condition and a spare parts one to go with it. i have several people interested in it but dont know what to ask for it. any advice would be appreciated.
Thanx
Paula
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

As I recall (not sure, it's been a while!) the biggest difference in the E (most expensive) and EE (next down) was the fan and speech processor. The EX (lower end of the line) had neither and also didn't have some crystals installed. The E (with fan/processor) in very good/excellent condition is probably worth in the $250 range. The EE would be somewhat less (maybe $200 or so). The price drops quickly with the overall condition - VERY QUICKLY. They never gained full popularity with the amateur radio community because so many of them were used by illegal CBers to operate out of the CB channels and with 20 times the legal power.
cnarosey

Post by cnarosey »

thank you for your help...not only in pricing but also in helping me know which it is without unpacking it right away...it was the FT101-E as i do know it had a fan.
thanks again for your help.
Paula
almikk

Post by almikk »

Where is a good place to look for a Acc Plug for a Yaesu FT 101 EE ?
It has 11 pins and 2 numbers PA602B01 and Part # 67110007
I hope you can help Thank you for your time!
Al Mikkelsen almikk@harborside.com
KE7ALG :lol:
W4FJF

yaesu ft-101any model

Post by W4FJF »

Haven't seen an ft-101 go for more than 175.00 ( asking price ) at any hamfest in the last year. Wish you luck!
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!
ai9l

Post by ai9l »

almikk wrote:Where is a good place to look for a Acc Plug for a Yaesu FT 101 EE ?
It has 11 pins and 2 numbers PA602B01 and Part # 67110007
I hope you can help Thank you for your time!
Al Mikkelsen almikk@harborside.com
KE7ALG :lol:
I believe I have one here what is it worth to you
W4FJF

YAESU FT-101E

Post by W4FJF »

Just bought a yaesu ft-101e in the original box with original manual and all the accessories (AM AND SSB FILTERS) for 90.00 today at the Troy Alabama hamfest. A well taken care of rig and can't wait to make my first contact on it . Prices are coming down on the older 101's, may make a good first h-f rig for a beginner! :)
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!
kc8jxh

Post by kc8jxh »

i have had at least a 1/2 dozen 101s, everything from an FT-101 to a FT-101E to a FT-101F and they have all had fans.

from what i could tell this was the diff.....

101E had a processor and 12 volt capabilities
101EE had 12 volt capabilities but NO processor
101EX DID NOT have the 12 volt capabilities, NOR a processor and it came with fewer crystals installed than the other two.

they make an excellent ssb or AM rig and i would say $250 is top dollar on a pristine E model.

HTH
brian
W4FJF

FT-101E TOP DOLLAR?

Post by W4FJF »

Maybe on Ebay (if you are nuts enough to pay their prices), but the FT-101( in the original box with manual and all accessories) I bought is almost mint, the 6je6c's put out their full rated power, and the transceiver is a joy to operate, and it still cost me $90.00. If I saw an "E" model with a price tag of $250.00, it had better be gold plated! :lol:
kc8jxh

Post by kc8jxh »

i guess it depends on what part of the country you are from, you could sell em all day long around here for $250 in the box as you described. i suppose in some places you couldnt give them away, its a buyers market on this old stuff.

the AM filter in yours would bring $100 here!!!!
NØDRB

Post by NØDRB »

I'd love to find a 101e out here, (in TX), for $100! Anybody got one?
KJ4OBJ

Re: yaesu FT101

Post by KJ4OBJ »

[quote="cnarosey"]I have a Yeasu FT101...not sure if it is EE or not that is in good to very good condition and a spare parts one to go with it. i have several people interested in it but dont know what to ask for it. any advice would be appreciated.
Thanx
Paula
[/quote

Hi paula, your FT 101,may cost aprox. from $ 200 to 400 according to the cosmetics, model(ee,e,b)and conditions of the rig, if it is in good condition you'll be able to negotiate the price from $275 to 325.
hope this answer your question.
Emilio.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Wow maybe because i have no ham fest close enough from where i live to buy those $90.00 101's i would think if you took good pictures and the Radio is in very nice condition it should bring close to $300.00 on E bay. Becareful of some of these old horse traders as they would scalp your grandmother out of her gold fillings given the opportunity. I had a neighbor now deceased that was really good at convincing people there equipment was all but worthless and then resell it at a nice high price and he was a Ham.
Larry Huff K0pd