Henry 2-3K

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
w4qg

Henry 2-3K

Post by w4qg »

Hello All,

I have a clean Henry 2K-3 with full output that I am considering selling. Looking around on the net I've found very few for sale in the last several years.... Anyone have an opinion as to a reasonable price on one of these amps?

Thanks and 73,
Paul W4QG
N3HRT

Post by N3HRT »

Hi Paul,

I just sold mine last year, same model, same shape for $800.00. It sold the day I posted it so I might have been a little low. I've kind of regretted selling it. It's a really nice amp but I wanted to get a modern one. I've been looking around trying to figure out what to replace it with and so far am undecided. So, if you guys have any suggestions let me know. Hope this helps, Martin N3HRT
w4qg

2-3K

Post by w4qg »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information. Yes, that is about what I was thinking myself. I think I will list this for $1000 and see what happens. As far as a newer amp, I would highly recommend a Henry 3K Classic. I have the 8877 version and it is built like a TANK. Extremely rugged amplifier. Easily 1500W out all day long. I've owned it for about 8 years and have had absolutely zero problems with it . For quite some time it was my daily amplifier and I also used it for some pretty heavy duty contesting. It is now my backup, I found a Alpha 87A at an auction for a unbelievable price, the 87A is not a better amp, but the automatic band change and tune is really nice... Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it.

Paul W4QG
N3HRT

Post by N3HRT »

You're welcome. I would like to get another Henry but they don't do 160 and I've got the 160 bug. Oh well, guess I'll have to find something else. Good luck on the sale of the amp. Martin