TO DETERMINE EQUIPMENT VALUE, THE CONDITION MUST BE KNOWN!

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
K4ICL

TO DETERMINE EQUIPMENT VALUE, THE CONDITION MUST BE KNOWN!

Post by K4ICL »

There have been several requests for estimates of the value of ham equipment where the requestors did not indicate the condition of the equipment.

To provide a good estimate requires that the estimator know the condition of the equipment. A fully operational, almost new looking AF-67 transmitter is worth a WHOLE LOT MORE than one that is dead and all beat up.

If you would like some EASY TO USE guidelines and standards for determining the CONDITION of your ham gear click https://swap.qth.com/k4icl-gradescale.htm

Happy trading...
Last edited by K4ICL on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kd6tjc

Henry 2K Amp

Post by kd6tjc »

Hello I just bought a Henry 2K Amp clean inside and out has full power output as tubes are new all works great as it should a 8 out of 10 in looks due to age she's a little faded in the paint job dept. No big deal.
Wonder if I got a good deal what's this Amp worth?
K4ICL

Maybe more info would help...

Post by K4ICL »

After doing a little research on that model it is not totally clear which amp you have. Apparently there is a series of Henry 2K amps, all different. If your amp use two 4-500 finals and has WARC bands, it appears that it originally cost about $2,500. If in fairly good condtion now, its worth appears to range from $750 to $1,000. This is, to some extent, is a SWAG since the particular linear is hard to pin down.

Perhaps more detailed info about your amp would help.

Cheers,

AL
eagleeye

Re: TO DETERMINE EQUIPMENT VALUE, THE CONDITION MUST BE KNOW

Post by eagleeye »

I have a vertex standard vxd-720, 3 months new, with charging cradle, clip, and wired ear piece...how can I determine its 'value' and proceed with offering it on this site, or other suggestion(s)...?...I appreciate any assistance.
watson45

Re: TO DETERMINE EQUIPMENT VALUE, THE CONDITION MUST BE KNOW

Post by watson45 »

To provide a good estimate requires that the estimator know the condition of the equipment. A fully operational, almost new looking AF-67 transmitter is worth a WHOLE LOT MORE than one that is dead and all beat up. :P