60+ foot, hinged, telescoping tower

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
cadams

60+ foot, hinged, telescoping tower

Post by cadams »

Hi guys & gals,

I have a tower that I've been using for the last 5 years to get internet at my house (microwave, line of sight stuff).

We've recently moved closer to town and I'm wanting to sell the tower.

I don't know the brand. It has 3 sections. The bottom section is approximately 12' tall and has the hinge at the top. There are two 30' sections that telescope together. There is currently a 10-15' pole at the top with a $99 radio-shack rotor connected to it (with 7' pole it came with).

It has a hand crank worm gear winch from harbor freight that makes the going up and coming down easy, but slow.

The tower is in pretty good shape. No dents, bends or kinks. It does have some surface rust, but nothing structural. The telescoping parts slide a little hard, but that mostly makes it slightly more difficult to get down, the going up is pretty easy.

I am willing to take it all the way down and even deliver within about 100 miles of Joplin MO (buyer pays gas).

I have no idea what this tower is worth. Looking for opinion and advice.

Thanks in advance.

Is there other information I can provide that would help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RSC

Re: 60+ foot, hinged, telescoping tower

Post by RSC »

Don't know about that one. Is it galvanized? don't look like it is. The rotor would not be worth anything (too light) I think you would do well to get 100.00 to 200.00 out of it. I have a 50 ft TriEx tilt over base, telescoping with factory winch set up, galvanized and had one guy tell me it is over priced at 900.00. cost over 3000.00 new. Of course he wanted me to "donate" the tower to him because he is "a disabled ham" BTW he has no ham license.
73. de K5XIT