TMC model GPR-90

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
jrecksta

TMC model GPR-90

Post by jrecksta »

I have a TMC model GPR-90 that my father bought in 1961. He used it for many years. It has been sitting for a long time but I believe it will still work. He took immaculate care of it and the only defect I see is one knob has a piece missing from it. Please, if anyone could tell me what it is worth as I reluctantly am going to sell it. Thank you.
hill5673

Re: TMC model GPR-90

Post by hill5673 »

With these BA pieces it is all about who is looking at it. I have seen people say as low as $300-$400 and I have seen them go on fleabay for over $1000. Does yours have the original metal housing or a homebrew housing? That makes a big difference in value. Do you happen to have the matching speaker?

I also have one of these that I recently acquired. It is a beautiful piece of equipment.
kg8lb

Re: TMC model GPR-90

Post by kg8lb »

The GPR90 is a first class receiver and clean examples bring premium prices . The $1000 eBay sales are not unusual and considering the prices that some lesser receivers often fetch $1000 seems fair . It would take more than $1K to buy my GPR-90 and I have sold 75-A4 Collins for half that price without regret .
OK, So where are the filters now ?