Towers and Beams

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
Rickky

Towers and Beams

Post by Rickky »

I would appreciate your comments on

US Towers 72' motor, heavy duty tower.

T2X

204BA 20 mtr monobander, 5 ele 15 mtr and KLM 4 element 10 mtr.

Complicated, as buyer must remove, One man put it up Surprised to see a new tower list for 10 K at HRO. All above in good condition.. . Tower should have new cables. No rust.

I don't need to sell but age etc I would like a fair price. Any suggestions. Thank's.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

On the ground it is worth a LOT more. There are costs and risks associated with taking the antennas and tower down that are roughly equal to the cost of the hardware. Therefore, a buyer has to be willing to risk about 2X the original price with no real guarantee of success.
Rickky

Post by Rickky »

Thanks comment. In the down position, the tower is 22 ft high You get it it down by throwing a switch.. I have taken down the ants several times. It is not hard,

What is hard for me is a price range. The tower is being sold for 10,000 by HRO. The 204 BA is a classic and is a favorite.
I have thought of putting an ad is QST for the home and ants. It is by permit. The last one before the city of Burbank followed other towns.

I know 2nd hand beams and towers do not bring much.

My best to all. Blair K6EGW
k5xit

Re: Towers and Beams

Post by k5xit »

I wish I were closer to you, not sure what I( would give without looking but I would try and buy it. If I am thinking correctly, you should be able to haul the tower intact on a 30 foot trailer. I would think some of the locals will be calling you soon.
k4kk

Re: Towers and Beams

Post by k4kk »

The best way to maximize value is to work a contingency deal. "If you take it down and remove it, the price is $xxxx. If you take it down and decide you don't want it, I appreciate your help."