What is a Yaesu FT-301SD with extras worth

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
KD8MRT

What is a Yaesu FT-301SD with extras worth

Post by KD8MRT »

Hello, I think of myself as a new HAM still. I have had my Tech ticket for almost three years now and got my radio about two years after getting my license. I have a Yaesu FT-301SD HF radio with the matching FC-301 antenna tunner, FP-301D power supply, FV-301 external VFO, original hand mic, and shure desk mic (not sure on model #). The radio itself works great, only issue with it are a missing crystal for 10B in the 10m band and for some reason my display is adding an extra digit in the front of the frequency being displayed. The frequency does match what it is supose to be when checking it with my external frequency counter. I just pretend that the first digit isn't there and its fine. for example on 40M's instead of showing 7.444 it shows 27.444 but when double checked with the external frequency counter its putting out on 7.444. This is the case on 20m's, 40m's, 80m's, and 160m's. the frequency is displayed correctly on 15m's and 10m's. My father-in-law has his general ticket and has verified that the radio does work on the currect frequency but just adds the extra diget for some reason. Now, the condition on the antenna tuner is great. Only issue with it is that my father-in-law replaced the SWR meter in it because the original SWR meter was not working when I got it. He checked to make sure everthing else works and it does. The condition on the power supply is great. its the digital one with the clock on it. There are no issues with the power supply at all. Lastly the external VFO works great as well. lights up and works as it should. I have it hooked up the the radio and switch between the internal and external VFO's. The hand mic works but I'm told that I'm heard better on the shure mic that I use. Also the radio has been sent to shop to get cleaned and a once over in the past year. I would like to get a thought or two on what my setup is worth because I would like to upgrade to an IC-746. Thank you.