how much price reduction of broken radio.

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
ae6zw

how much price reduction of broken radio.

Post by ae6zw »

this is general question, not specific to particular model or makes,
I am wondering how much reduction of price , if the radio is not working properly, or not working at all. I understand, many of the repair shop rate is more than $50 a hour, which will put many of the older non working radio 's value to close to zero. any opinion ? perhaps such radio as non working IC-751, FT-757, TS-430, IC-02A, FT-2400, etc.
kd4lyh

Post by kd4lyh »

Id say a BIG reduction in price. Id like to know where people come up with these crazy prices for a broken radio. Heck even a used working radio, way overpriced at times. I guess it boils down to how much one is willing to spend. Considering the cost of a new radio a repairable radio is a great alternative if the price is right and it hasnt gone thru the hands of x number of pot tweakers ie (gee my receive senstivity is down lets turn up the s meter pot to compensate)
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree as i see not working radios bring in what i think is too much money. I suspect the one's paying that are technicians who figure on repairing the radios them selves,or buying them for there parts.
Larry Huff K0pd
AG6JU

Re: how much price reduction of broken radio.

Post by AG6JU »

I used to be radio technician, many manufacture do not repair HAM radio anymore than 5 - 7 years old. problem of broken radio is don't know what is broken, or if replacement parts are still available. other wise broken radio is only good for repair parts. conclusion, most broken ham radio worth $0