Tower and ants

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
aa5go

Tower and ants

Post by aa5go »

How much would a Rohn 45G tower that is 55ft. tall with a hy-gain th-7dx tri=bander and a 17b2 cuchcraft 2 mtr yagi and a mfj 2 meter stick, with a ham 4 rotor and all cabling be worth? the only catch is that I would have to take all of this down and move to my house and buy a new section to cemment in the ground. This is from a estate of a ham that was a frind of mine and it is only about 5 miles to move??? don't know what to offer his widow? was wondering what differance in proce it should make if I have to remove it? tnx and 73 Greg
k9vt

whats it worth?

Post by k9vt »

WELL i have taken quite a few towers done over the years. There are many factors involved. HOW good of friends were you? Does she need the money? HOW much is it worth to her to have it removed(from am emotional aspect)? HOW much is your labor worth? I would feel comfortable giving her the choice in what to charge. Removing a huge tower is not something just anyone can do. I'm sure if quoted by a professional it would be much more than whats it's actually worth. I would say give her the facts let he make the decision. Just my thoughts Ken K9VT