Ten-Tec Omni VI PLUS

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
Cng4eva

Ten-Tec Omni VI PLUS

Post by Cng4eva »

Ten-Tec Omni VI Plus
Model 564 Transceiver
My father recently passed away last year and knowing he was a ham and this was his baby he kept in like mew condition. He was a non smoker. I believe I still have the original boxes for both the radio and power supply. Thank you to everyone for your time in reading and replying to this post.

Thank you
Carl Dombi
Karl Dombi (My father) N2IIJ
w0bkr

Re: Ten-Tec Omni VI PLUS

Post by w0bkr »

Since long out of production and support is sparce, I would save 400 or so. I had one and worked to get $450 out of it, with filters, etc. Just not that desireable any longer. You might check Ebay to see what some sold for and make up a price.
Cng4eva

Post by Cng4eva »

I thank you very much for your response and if anyone is interested in it please contact me
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

The Omni 6 plus was the last of that line that used boards that you could work on.
Starting with the Omni 7 they switched to surface mounted parts which makes it very hard to work on.
It is well documented and was highly prized by DX'ers.
The power supply is worth at least $100 and the radio if in pristine condition with all the filters it should bring $500.
So ... $600 for both ... depending on the buyer of course.
I have one that I would not consider parting with as it just looks so cool on the desk and it works so well.
Would not even consider trading it for a Orion 2 or Omni 7.
One of the best radios ever made by the now defunct Ten-Tec radio company.
Cng4eva

Post by Cng4eva »

I thank you so much for your time in answering my questions. As I know little about it, I do know it was my fathers baby. As he would say she was fully loaded. She was always kept in pristine conditions and although my father bought more expensive radios after it, he really did love it and no matter what his Ten-Tex always had a place on the desk and she was always lit up.