Beware of Ronald D. Styles KG4QLR

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WD6FGB

Beware of Ronald D. Styles KG4QLR

Post by WD6FGB »

I sent Ronald D. Styles KG4QLR $425.00 for a Icom 706MK11G he advertised on 6/1/2011.
He cashed my check and gave a phony excuse that the radio was damaged in removal and had been sent in for repairs. Offered to refund my money. He did not send in the radio, I talked to the shop he said he sent it to and don't know him. He has done nothing but give me sob stories why he can't send me money. I just learned he sold the same radio to W4AFB Russ Haines in FL fjor the same amount of money and he too did not get the radio or his money back.
This Ham is a Con Man. If you send him money , don't expect it back or and item you paid for.
Van
WD6FGB
W4AFB

Post by W4AFB »

This is true. In his latest email to me he has stated that money has been mailed out. So we will see.
K7FU

Re: Beware of Ronald D. Styles KG4QLR

Post by K7FU »

He is now selling on a Facebook Swap and Shop. TS-480HX for $600.00. Best deal ever..... Still has his same call KG4QLR
Kc9fsw

Post by Kc9fsw »

Please fill out this form to report transactions taking place when money is sent and no item was received.

https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
Last edited by Kc9fsw on Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

IT IS SAD WE HAVE SORRY HAMS LIKE HIM STILL ON THE LOOSE HE SHOULD BE CHARGED AND LOCKED UP. I FEEL FOR YOU FELLOW HAMS HAVE HAD IT DONE TO ME HOPE YOU ALL GET THE WORD OUT ON THIS SORRY HAM. A TRUE HAM WILL HELP IN TIMES TO OTHER HAMS 73 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: HOPE GOD CONVICTS HIM OF HIS ACTION