W4MKE - Obligations are executed!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
RZ6MD

W4MKE - Obligations are executed!

Post by RZ6MD »

Under the announcement 915099 I have written to the seller - W4MKE. On June, 8th I have sent to ... usd for amplifier Kenwood TL-922a. He wrote much about problems with sending. I have suggested to return money or to send the amplifier to my friend in the USA. And it has disappeared. Letters does not answer. Phone specified to him is silent. Acknowledgement of money is confirmed:
6/8/2011, 21:51, w4mke@aol.com:
> Hi Alex, Yes, The money has arrived and I
will be shipping out shortly. I will email you back with tracking info soon.>
Thanks> Greg> W4MKE
My friend has sent it number of phone for a solution of a problem. But the seller has not called.
I would be glad to an error. But the facts very suspicious. The announcement is not removed - probably for reception of money from the next buyer.
The address on QRZ.COM is available! The electronic address begins with a call sign. Money is sent in the USA. Be careful! The refined swindler.
Last edited by RZ6MD on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

W4MKE has shared with me the tracking number that shows the package is on the way. Hopefully we will have closure on this issue shortly.

- Scott KA9FOX
RZ6MD

Post by RZ6MD »

The amplifier has received. Possibly, the seller there were problems. I thank Greg. My suspicions have appeared erroneous. But the promise to send a tube separately - is not carried out. Result - 3-500Z are broken. But it is other question. I consider a theme closed
Last edited by RZ6MD on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

RZ6MD wrote:Усилитель получил. Вероятно, продавец были проблемы. Благодаря Грег. Мои подозрения оказались ошибочными. Но обещание послать трубки отдельно - не выполняется. Результат - 3-500Z сломаны. Но это другой вопрос. Считаю тему закрытой
Using a Russian Translator online, the translation in English is:
RZ6MD Translated wrote:The amplifier has received. Possibly, the seller there were problems. Owing to Greg. My suspicions have appeared erroneous. But the promise to send a tube separately - is not carried out. Result - 3-500Z are broken. But it is other question. I consider subject matter closed
n5qmg

Post by n5qmg »

That's terrible, those tubes aren't cheap, and now he needs two. It's obvious that they would break if shipped in the sockets with no padding so that looks like a little malice was intended. I think the seller now owes the buyer a set of tubes.
K9XR

YOU MUST BE PSYCHIC

Post by K9XR »

You must be psychic. How could you possibly know that there was "a little malice intended"? For that matter how can you be sure that there was no padding used. A TL-922 (I think that what it was) has to be a BEAR to ship, especially overseas. This just gives another reason for selling to "USA ONLY"
n5qmg wrote:That's terrible, those tubes aren't cheap, and now he needs two. It's obvious that they would break if shipped in the sockets with no padding so that looks like a little malice was intended. I think the seller now owes the buyer a set of tubes.
n5qmg

It's easy to be generous with other peoples money isn't it?

Post by n5qmg »

K9XR wrote:You must be psychic. How could you possibly know that there was "a little malice intended"? For that matter how can you be sure that there was no padding used. A TL-922 (I think that what it was) has to be a BEAR to ship, especially overseas. This just gives another reason for selling to "USA ONLY"
n5qmg wrote:That's terrible, those tubes aren't cheap, and now he needs two. It's obvious that they would break if shipped in the sockets with no padding so that looks like a little malice was intended. I think the seller now owes the buyer a set of tubes.
Come on, he left them in the sockets after promising to ship them separately. Yet you'll still give him the benefit of the doubt? I guess you'd still feel like that if it were you that received the broken tubes still in the sockets?

Any amplifier with a pair of 3-500Zs is going to be a "bear" to ship, the TL-922 should be easier than most since it has a small PS.

EDIT: How would a "USA ONLY" policy make any difference here? The amp was poorly packed. As for me knowing he didn't use "any" padding, I KNOW he didn't use enough. Is that better? I can't believe how some of you guys rush to the defense of sellers you don't even know, after they have clearly ripped someone off. Amazing.
W4MKE

Re: W4MKE - Obligations are executed!

Post by W4MKE »

After using google to find some information I ran across this complaint that I had no idea had even been posted against me and I would like to clear the air about this matter.

First off 90% of the issues that arouse during this transaction originated with the buyer!

My ad clearly stated as all of my ads do CONUS only! The buyer begged me for weeks to sell the amplifier to him with all kinds of I always wanted this model amplifier and money was no problem. I felt sorry for the guy and gave in. Then for the next couple of weeks I ended up going round and round with him beating me down in price, I lowered the price three times during this ordeal upon which the final request to lower the price involved shipping cost which I had already agreed to pay half of. He, The buyer in continuing to try beat me down in price asked that I shipped the amplifier and the tubes together. I told him that the tubes probably wouldn't survive the trip and he didn't care, he did not want to pay for the second parcel even when I was already paying half the shipping cost! I told him I would not be responsible for the condition they arrived in do this and he agreed. I put as much padding around the tubes as I could and I actually believe they did survive the trip but in his efforts to lower his cost on the amplifier again said that they did not survive the trip and tried to squeeze me for more money! This gets even better.

Through all of the confusion and hassle that this had become I received an email from his partner who apologized for the hassle and explained that THEY had a client who was very anxious to receive the amplifier and that this was never for the original party to begin with as this was a for profit purchase which explained why he kept beating me down in price! Every dollar he saved was another dollar in his pocket!

Another issue that arose which I had never heard of before was there had been a restriction placed on all residential deliveries from the U.S. I relayed this information to the buyer and asked if he could provide a business address of anyone he knew and he lost his mind as if this was my fault somehow. I told him at this point I was done with him and would just send his money back. Then realizing that he was going to lose the sale to the third party asked if I would ship it to someone in Texas which I told him I don't see how this solves the problem but would do it if that's what he wanted. Then after trying to get this done he emails me that he wants me to pay for the shipping to Texas and then to Russia also. Of course I told him there was no way on earth I would do that and more arguing ensued. During all of this back and forth the restriction on residential deliveries was lifted and I shipped the amplifier.

The owner of this site Scott contacted me at this point and after explaining everything to him and giving him the tracking information for the amplifier that was already shipped before his contacting me posted that he had received the tracking info and was satisfied that the deal was completed!

There are many more details to this nightmare such as the fact that the buyer didn't speak English and had to have someone translate for him which I am sure a lot was lost in translation but I didn't know that at the beginning and I was trying to be the nice guy to help a fellow ham get the amplifier "that he always wanted for himself" only to find out he was playing me for profit!

In the future you can believe I will stick to my CONUS ONLY policy as it is just not worth the time and hassle!

I know this is a very old post but I felt I should clear the air on this matter instead of this price gouger trying to make me look bad!

73's
Greg
W4MKE