What would be everyones thoughts?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

For everybody else benefit:

I intend to sit and wait. We've all had stuff that took longer then it was "supposed" to.

I remember checking the box on the Customs Form that said to return the radio if it went unclaimed.

When I get the radio back, I'll send a refund. I have no intentions of paying the Customs Tax for Adrian plus give him a free rig.
Steve - KA9MOT
NA6TE

HMMMM!!!!

Post by NA6TE »

And pray tell how long is your waiting period? Why did you write that you mailed in Rice Lake on the 17th and on 6/1 you said you shipped after you got home? Obviously it wasn't in Rice Lake, unless Cory is not telling the truth.

Make everyone feel good and post a receipt that you even owned the FT-857. It surely doesn't seem to be present in your shack picture. How about who you spoke with at your Post Office.
I guess if it wasn't for bad luck Steve you wouldn't have any luck at all. It is amazing that with all the packages sent to Adrian and his son, your's is the only on that has simply disappeared.

Adrian is not the culprit here. Why don't you start a thread asking for anyone that has done business with him (YO9BVF) and see how many come up with bad mouthing him.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Nate,
I've owned seven of these rigs. I've also owned 3 Icom IC-706MKIIG. I've owned lots of radios. I don't have proof of owning any of them. I recently sold my TS-480SAT on eBay. I guess there would be proof of that.

I've been selling, trading for a buying radios since 2003. I've sold 2 rigs (not counting this one) to hams outside the US.

I have a very good reputation Nate. A reputation I feel you and Adrian are trying to hold hostage.

Please Nate, where did I claim that I sent the rig when I got home?

Nate, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you or Adrian. I'm done. I'll wait until Adrian tells me he got the radio or it gets returned. If it get's returned because it was unclaimed that would mean that you and Adrian intended to take advantage of me and I will send Romanian Customs copies of Adrian's emails as well as a screenshot of your post admitting to helping him defraud his government. Don't bother to edit it out, I already have the screenshot.

It is time for me to start covering my butt. There will be no more communication between you and I Nate. Post what you want, where you want. I am done and will stand by my reputation.
Steve - KA9MOT
NA6TE

Your Choice

Post by NA6TE »

That is your choice. Not a good one but yours none the less.

I guess you aren't going to let everyone know how long you are going to make Adrian wait it out.

The complaint has already been filed with the postal inspector to pull any info that they may have. What I do know is that Rice Lake has NO record or custom form s for ANY shipment to Romania during the month of May and that was from the PO @ 14 East Eau Clair St. 715-234-3553 as of 9am on 6/10/2011
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
NA6TE

Forgot

Post by NA6TE »

"I haven't heard from Adrian since I let him know I shipped his radio after I got back from WI. Nothing. "

I missed your other post Steve about the "cheating the government out of their taxes" and will not even get into that pissing match. You want to go down that road you would be burying yourself.

I get nothing out of this other than helping someone that has been forth right over the years and is 7000 miles away with no avenue to help himself here in the states.

Shame on you for that kind of come back.
NA6TE

I know you will at least read the posts

Post by NA6TE »

From your post:

How about this:
1. Adrian doesn't want to Pay The VAT. Can you blame him? Have you bought online out of state rather than in state to save on the tax?

2. You admit to helping him cheat his government out of their duties under the guise that "Everybody buys online to cheat on the taxes". So you have some involvement. That statement that you have in quotes is not a quote from me.

3. You and Adrian want a refund because I failed to cover my butt, and Adrian wants to use the money to cover the VAT. PLEASE show me where anyone at anytime ask for a refund. We have ONLY requested the correct paperwork or something to show shipment.
NA6TE

Explanation of the Romanian VAT

Post by NA6TE »

Some will need to read carefully because of the english barrier, but Adrians son Paul has explained VAT in his email below:

Nate,

My father just send me email and he is asking me to explain for you and other US Hams haw the customs and ham laws are in Romania

So first of all ... by the law ... any ham who want to buy a equipment from other country it's tax free by the romanian law ..... cause there is NO NEW equipment involved in business, also all romanian ham have to do unless a ham friend doesn't want to send it as a gift is to pay a percentage from declared value. And that's because the item coming from outside European Union couse otherwise will be no problem and no tax to pay if we buy form UK for example.

I hope we are clear and if you want you can put my email on the forum signed and write by YO9JIM - Paul

I hope all us hams understood that this guy making lough on us maybe cause we don't now english like he does but I rely hope that he will never enjoyed this stolen money ...

Paul YO9JIM
w8jn

information

Post by w8jn »

If you do a little research, you will find that shipping overseas USPS can be a nightmare. The last rig I sent overseas via USPS was 6 weeks in delivery. From USPS it goes to customs overseas and then the carriers in other countries sometimes add additional charges to the delivery, along with any country, and local city taxes. You can sell a rig for $500 and it may arrive with an additional $500 in government and delivery charges. I no longer ship overseas.
73 Paul w8jn
ns5u

Post by ns5u »

deleted
Last edited by ns5u on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
K9XR

Re: Thoughts Clearly building a case for Conus only

Post by K9XR »

This just about says it all.

NS5U wrote:This thread is working to confirm a growing trend towards CONUS (Continental United States) only shipping terms offered by Hams. It is an unfortunate reality but international sales are too risky for many selling hobby items. Many professional dealers including some located outside the USA are unwilling to ship to certain foreign locations. There is little chance anyone reading this thread will be encouraged to become involved selling to these parties or others outside the US.

Two weeks after shipment and someone with an otherwise good reputation is being bullied to refund the purchase price. The USPS has taken longer to deliver goods inside the USA where at least a shipper can obtain reliable tracking services.
It would seem imprudent to consider refunding a failed transaction with greater speed than the USPS is willing to issue a refund for a lost money order.

Threats and accusations are unlikely to produce favorable results when a transaction goes wrong. Patience and understanding and as a last resort remedial legal action is more efficacious. Seller's do well to carefully select the buyers and circumstances which favor pleasant and successful transactions. International buyers whose preliminary requests include fraudulent customs forms might better be avoided.
ns5u

Post by ns5u »

deleted
Last edited by ns5u on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
w8jn

Post by w8jn »

Hey Guys,
Unfortunately, my experience with international shipping indicates two weeks is not a reasonable amount of time. I know you dont want to hear this, but I would say that 12 weeks is the "lost in space" time line. Two lessons: never ship usps overseas and never buy or sell overseas. At this point I am on Steves side. That may change in 12 weeks.
Paul w8jn
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

w8jn wrote:Hey Guys,
Unfortunately, my experience with international shipping indicates two weeks is not a reasonable amount of time. I know you dont want to hear this, but I would say that 12 weeks is the "lost in space" time line. Two lessons: never ship usps overseas and never buy or sell overseas. At this point I am on Steves side. That may change in 12 weeks.
Paul w8jn
Yea i bought an icom 756 and it was from Canada 2 years ago and it took 5 1/2 weeks thru the postal service..I will Never do that again,I think Romania is just a bit further down the road..According to usps Any shipment going overseas may take up to 4 weeks just to leave port as they wait until the ship is to capacity before they leave.Only makes since..
The Bootlegger oops Not!!
w8jn

Good Point

Post by w8jn »

"According to usps Any shipment going overseas may take up to 4 weeks just to leave port as they wait until the ship is to capacity before they leave.Only makes since.."

Howard brings up an excellent point. Unless you ship "International Express"(cost prohibitive" Overseas shipments sit on a ship at dock until they have enough cargo to fill the ship. A month at stateside dock??? Yes sad but that is just the way it works. I shipped to Radek SP5TVK in Poland. It took 6 weeks to get to him. The thread is somewhere on qth feedback.
Steve, Good Luck. Paul w8jn
NA6TE

Ticking Clock

Post by NA6TE »

5/13 Received $$ 1 month to date
5/17 Supposed Shipping 25 days to date No radio, receipt or tracking #

6/10 No record of ANY shipment to Romania from Rice Lake WI

6/10 Steve refuses to say how long Adrian is to wait for his radio or $$ back.

If for any reason the radio shows up in Romania, I will apologize for any inconvenience due Steve by these postings and Steve’s short comings as a truthful ham.

Nate......NA6TE
W5IEI

Post by W5IEI »

I thought he posted he would wait until the rig arrived in Romania,or back to him?
Seems pretty clear to me.

I'm with Steve on this one,give it more time.
NA6TE

HUH?

Post by NA6TE »

I guess I need to read between the lines.

USPS is air freight unless it's over a certain weight (in the 100's of lbs) so it doesn't sit on a dock anywhere.

Adrian, to my knowledge has never asked for a refund, only the radio or some indication that it was shipped. (Rice Lake WI has NO record of the shipment)

And as far as the time limit, well I guess all that have voiced their opinion to wait would never have posted if this had happened to them. They would just wait 3,6,9 months or maybe a year and sit back and never show a concern.

As said before, 3 years of shipping there and never has been this length of time.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I recieved a request from Adrian on a radio around the same time Steve shipped and sold Adrian a Radio. Adrian passed on mine and i assume decided to go with Steve by the timing of all this. I myself have to support Steve at this time and like another said on here it took a month for a radio just from Canada one time to reach me. My good friend at the Post office when i was shipping a Tuner to Mexico told me that tracking numbers for out of USA mean nothing as once it gets to what ever country it is going to your now playing with there system. I sold a Radio a few years back to a guy in Germany and it took over 6 weeks at that time to reach him.A fellow from Russia bought my IC756 pro a year ago and had me ship it to a import export business in New Jersey because he told me it could be months before he might receive it in Russia. So i do not feel Steve's reasoning is out of line.
Larry Huff K0pd
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

As I stated in an earlier post it does take longer than two three and even four weeks to be delivered over seas. What this all boils down to is that Steve has not provided the shipping info. If it were provided all this back and forth would not even be taking place. Steve lost the info which is very plausible. He has great feedback on here and is a seasoned ham. I really do not believe he is out to screw anyone over.,especially a fellow ham.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I've shipped to Europe twice, once to the UK and once to Sweden. Each time I used AIR parcel post (or whatever they call it now). For a small item, a tube, IT COSTS but each parcel was delivered within a week.

The alternative was an "undefined" overseas parcel that can charitably be described "it gets there when it gets there", MAYBE four to six weeks.

You get what you pay for!

Heck, once I got a letter that took THREE MONTHS to go 0.5 MILE.

Wake up! You know who you're dealing with!

N9LCD
NA6TE

Count Down

Post by NA6TE »

5/13 Received $$ over 1 month to date
5/17 Supposed Shipping 28 days to date No radio, receipt or tracking #
(4 weeks)

(don’t post “as long as it takes” you wouldn’t settle for it and Adrian shouldn’t have to either)
If for any reason the radio shows up in Romania, I will apologize for any inconvenience due Steve by these postings and Steve’s short comings as a truthful ham.

Anybody see a past pattern over the years? And YES Steve does have favorable feed backs but the unfavorable ones seem to resemble the current situation. Steve may suffer from CRS and that buying/selling needs to have responsibility accompany it.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?83277-KC0REY/page2

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?p=153 ... 2ec22337ec

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index ... 309.0;wap2

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index ... ic=48309.0
NA6TE

UPDATE

Post by NA6TE »

5/13 Received $$ over 5 weeks as of 6/19
5/17 Supposed Shipping 35 days as of 6/19
No radio, receipt or tracking # (5 weeks)
6/10 Steve refuses to say how long Adrian is to wait for his radio or $$ back. Please don’t post “as long as it takes” you wouldn’t settle for it and Adrian shouldn’t have to either

Below is the last correspondence from Adrian's son, Paul.
Dated 6/16. Email addresses have been omitted for obvious reasons.

To: Nate email address omitted
Subject: Re: hello

Ok Nate,

Thanks for helping us, like I all ready said my father was at the Post office and speak with the officials from there and they said that it may possible to track the box even it's not in Romania but ONLY by tracking number. Anyway I fell that Steve never go to Post Office to send us a box.
We will fill out that form ... and waiting maybe a miracle it's cumming but I realize that is all most impossible.

That's life what can I say ... sometimes we loose sometimes we win, my father's health it's not so good after this incident I told him to be strong cause it's only money .... maybe he will listening my advise and relax a little bit cause he need this.

Thanks again for all Nate we will keep you informed if something happens.

Regards,

Paul
N8VZ

Post by N8VZ »

NS5U wrote:This thread is working to confirm a growing trend towards CONUS (Continental United States) only shipping terms offered by Hams. It is an unfortunate reality but international sales are too risky for many selling hobby items. Many professional dealers including some located outside the USA are unwilling to ship to certain foreign locations. There is little chance anyone reading this thread will be encouraged to become involved selling to these parties or others outside the US . . .
I have two problems with this. First, I have had a number of dealings over several years with a ham friend in Russia. I have never had this kind of shipping issue. Second, why do people insist on saying CONUS only. What in the world do they have against our 49th and 50th states? Same laws and USPS regulations apply in Alaska and Hawai'i as to the lower 48.
Carl J. Denbow
N8VZ
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

If it ships via USPS, that is great, However it you use UPS or FEDEX, unfortunately the rates to the 49th and 50th states are quite outrageous. The only things that make sense shipping USPS are those that fit in a FLAT-RATE box. and most radios will not fit, at least not with the propper amount of protective packing mayerial. I wish I could use the Poast Office all the time. It would make my life a lot easier.
N8VZ wrote:
NS5U wrote:This thread is working to confirm a growing trend towards CONUS (Continental United States) only shipping terms offered by Hams. It is an unfortunate reality but international sales are too risky for many selling hobby items. Many professional dealers including some located outside the USA are unwilling to ship to certain foreign locations. There is little chance anyone reading this thread will be encouraged to become involved selling to these parties or others outside the US . . .
I have two problems with this. First, I have had a number of dealings over several years with a ham friend in Russia. I have never had this kind of shipping issue. Second, why do people insist on saying CONUS only. What in the world do they have against our 49th and 50th states? Same laws and USPS regulations apply in Alaska and Hawai'i as to the lower 48.
ns5u

Post by ns5u »

USPS works well to the 49th and 50th states and even to Canada.

If the buyer is willing to pay the price private carriers are okay as well.

Sellers unwilling to risk being smeared in public over a good faith transaction are increasingly avoiding the complications of shipping to foreign destinations. One clear indication of the potential for problems with a buyer is the request for illegally falsified customs documents.

It is premature to join sides in the issue at hand. The seller has had a few problems in the past(minor and apparently resolved) and the buyer has had no problems in the past while presently looking to circumvent the law(albeit what many seem to consider a minor infraction).

Pressuring the seller via this venue without letting the dust settle over the shipping schedule is sufficient reason to avoid this buyer his American agent and other similarly acting parties.