UPS double dipping

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kk4aq

UPS double dipping

Post by kk4aq »

I may be wrong but i think ive been had by united parcel service. i have shipped 4 packages this week and they are now charging a fuel surcharge. well i can acept that but at the top there is a charge buy the pound for residental shipment. i know they charge more to deliver to a house than a business. but now at the bottom there is a delivery area surcharge. i called ups and was told that is what is charged for a home delivery. well the 4 packages all were home deliveries. i was only charged the extra on 2 of the packages. and at the top is the resendutal home charge. well bye bye ups.i think they are crooks.
K9XR

Re: UPS double dipping

Post by K9XR »

I have been charged a "delivery area surcharge" by both UPS and FEDEX. I think they charge that if your customer is "off the beaten path" or "out in the sticks" or more than a certain distance off of their normal route.

kk4aq wrote:I may be wrong but i think ive been had by united parcel service. i have shipped 4 packages this week and they are now charging a fuel surcharge. well i can acept that but at the top there is a charge buy the pound for residental shipment. i know they charge more to deliver to a house than a business. but now at the bottom there is a delivery area surcharge. i called ups and was told that is what is charged for a home delivery. well the 4 packages all were home deliveries. i was only charged the extra on 2 of the packages. and at the top is the resendutal home charge. well bye bye ups.i think they are crooks.
kk4aq

surcharge

Post by kk4aq »

well one of my guys only lives less than 3 miles from the terminal. so hes not in the boonies. also 1 time i had a package not delivered because it said i lived in an extended service area. funny thing i only lived 1/2 mile from the terminal and they had to drive by my residence to get there. american progress i guess !
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I use Fedex Ground Home Delivery , WAY cheaper and always gets there with sharp corners on the boxes.....
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
k5yy

Post by k5yy »

Me too. Only if the person INSISTS UPS do I ship thru them. I have used Fed Ex exclusively for the past 8 years and they are quicker (don't stop in transit on weekends), safer and bit cheaper overall. My only damaged equipment in the past 12-13 years has been via UPS's system of malhandling and delays.
San K5YY