W8EK Ken another good deal!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w1mbb

W8EK Ken another good deal!

Post by w1mbb »

Ken is very professional: excellent, accurate listings, fair prices, rapid shipping, good packing. I just bought a Icom Power Supply and am glad to report this is my second EXCELLENT transaction with Ken.

Thanks Ken!
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

Agreed! Ken is one of the best to deal with.

Met him on Friday at Hamvention, he is a very gracious person and a class act. I'm looking forward to seeing him at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest in June.

I have only one small gripe with him. He continues to try and get me to join QCWA, and won't quite take "thanks but no thanks" for an answer!
n0uy

Post by n0uy »

Hope Your right! I am involved in a purchase presently with Ken. He and his bank have been sitting on my funds for at least a week now until they are satisfied with my payment method. Hope the equipment lives up to the description he gave. From what I've read in this forum it will be nicer than what I am expecting. I will post an update when I finally received the shipment.
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

n0uy wrote:Hope Your right! I am involved in a purchase presently with Ken. He and his bank have been sitting on my funds for at least a week now until they are satisfied with my payment method. Hope the equipment lives up to the description he gave. From what I've read in this forum it will be nicer than what I am expecting. I will post an update when I finally received the shipment.
You should be good.

I've had several transactions with Ken, including one for a recent "Wanted" post (which I'd better get in & remove, now that I'm thinking about it). In each case, I sent him a check, and he waited (as he told me in advance he would) for the check to clear.

Since Ken is helping several estates liquidate, it's understandable that he would do so.

So you should be good.
NY7Q

kEN

Post by NY7Q »

KEN has been around longer than most of you have been hams and he is always at the top of HONESTY.
Probably, he is the best seller/trader in ham radio...
My hat is off to him
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.
n0uy

UPDATE as promissed

Post by n0uy »

I received my package today from Ken. It arrived in very good condition because it was packaged well. The item I purchased is exactly as described in appearance and function so no issues here at all.

The only advice I would give to anyone wishing to buy from Ken is ask the questions up front about what your buying and it will be just as he describes it. Use whatever payment method he askes for if possible and there will be no abnormal delays in receiving your items. I will not hesitate to buy from him again. Good Guy!!!
Littlejohn41

Ken Simpson W8EK

Post by Littlejohn41 »

I have seen his ads for years but until lately had never dealt with him. I was not disappointed with my purchase from him.I bought a Ten Tec Paragon from him. He described it as used/not mint. It was better than I hoped a 20+ year old radio would be. I will definitely do business with Ken again . It was packed as well as any radio I ever purchased and a lot better than most.javascript:emoticon(':)')
Lou-n3od