VE7CQE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w5vk

VE7CQE

Post by w5vk »

In July I agreed to excange a Yaesu +$$ for an Icom HF rig with VE7CQE, Charles "Chase" Parent-Quinn, 10288 River Road, Delta, B.C., Canada.
I sent my radio & M.O. (which he received) and VE7CQE said he shipped his by Canada Post and gave me a wrong tracking number. 23 days later, no radio & no answer to emails or phone calls. ANYBODY out there have any info on this Canadian Ham? Any ideas how to get my radio &$$ back? Any help will be appreciated.

Darryl Evans, W5VK "w5vk@hotmail.com"
wr0t

Shipping From Canada

Post by wr0t »

From my experience, it is not unusual for it to take 5 to 6 weeks transit time with Canada Post.

I have been told that almost everything is hauled by "contract haulers" on a "space avail" basis.

I once waited 11 weeks for a rig to get to me. Hope it comes ok for you.
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
w5vk

VE7CQE is a crook

Post by w5vk »

For your info - Two years ago Charles Parent Quinn, VE7CQE, committed online fraud (a ham radio + money order stolen). Afterwards, I found a Charles Parent Quinn had been in prison in Iowa for check fraud. Others have contacted me concerning this Canadian defrauding them also.