Martyn, This is why there are questions about you

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

Martyn, This is why there are questions about you

Post by w8jn »

This was taken from an ad placed by a national new radio retailer on their website 5/12/11. They list the new gm4 at $129 retail discounted to $119

SKU: ZHL-GM-4
In Stock
HEIL SOUND GM-4
$129.00 Regular
-$10.00 Discounts
$119.00 Net Price
***********************************************************************************

From your website, you list a used demo as Retail $179 discounted to $109. The question becomes, Why did you inflate the retail price $50? I am sure you are aware of the old "SALE" trick, where the seller changes the pricetags to double normal price, marks a big X through the tag and writes "1/2 priceSALE" on the tag.

Your ad from your website

Brand New ex display model, supplied as shown.

SKU Goldline
Quantity in stock 1 item(s) available
Weight 3.90 lbs

Market price: $179.00
Our price: $109.00 (€94.83)
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Paul do you think he will claim typo error?
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

exposed

Post by w8jn »

Larry,
Good to see you again! Hope all is well with your family. Martyn can do as he pleases. He does not need our permission to do anything. He does not need our approval. On the other hand, we can speak the truth. . There is an old worn out legal axiom..... "The truth is it's own defense"
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn
NM7L

Re: exposed

Post by NM7L »

w8jn wrote:There is an old worn out legal axiom..... "The truth is it's own defense"
I've got one better: "Perception is reality"
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Best place to buy Heil is www.cheapham.com
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K4TEC

Re: Martyn, This is why there are questions about you

Post by K4TEC »

w8jn wrote:This was taken from an ad placed by a national new radio retailer on their website 5/12/11. They list the new gm4 at $129 retail discounted to $119

SKU: ZHL-GM-4
In Stock
HEIL SOUND GM-4
$129.00 Regular
-$10.00 Discounts
$119.00 Net Price
***********************************************************************************

From your website, you list a used demo as Retail $179 discounted to $109. The question becomes, Why did you inflate the retail price $50? I am sure you are aware of the old "SALE" trick, where the seller changes the pricetags to double normal price, marks a big X through the tag and writes "1/2 priceSALE" on the tag.

Your ad from your website

Brand New ex display model, supplied as shown.

SKU Goldline
Quantity in stock 1 item(s) available
Weight 3.90 lbs

Market price: $179.00
Our price: $109.00 (€94.83)
So your point needs to be aimed at ALL the ham radio retailers out there, bt you decided to aim this one at me, why?

Lets take Universal Radio,, Order #0356
List Price: $160.00
Your Price: $129.95

or check Heil homepage, $160 retail,, ok lets look at CheapHam,
$160.00

Your Price:

$125.00 (You save $35.00)

SKU:

H-GM-4

So whats your point,, the fact I have one listed shipped FREE for $109? the fact that most retailers show a manufactuers suggested retail price and we show a discount,, maybe you need to ask the other retailers also?

Thanks for the free advert OM :)
w8jn

Tentec Dealer ?

Post by w8jn »

Does anyone know if Martyn is now an authorized Tentec dealer? I thought they did not have retailers selling their equipment? Martyn lists this as "Brand New". That to me means that there is not yet a first owner and it is being sold directly from the factory or retailer. Here is Tentecs warranty information. If Martyn is not a Tentec retailer, then according to Tentec, there IS NO factory warranty with Radio Marts "Brand New" rig. . "Warranty on Ten-Tec equipment, all except Europe: New and demo Ten-Tec equipment purchased directly from Ten-Tec in the U.S. is warrantied parts and labor for 12 months from date of purchase." Someone enlighten me.
Thanks and Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn

Ad from Radio Mart website.

TenTec 588AT
TenTec 588AT, Omni VII HF+6m Transceiver, Brand new in the box. $2450
FREE SHIPPING conus

Sign in to rate
Our price: $2450.00 (€2131.50)
Market price: $2995.00 , save 18%
Quantity
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

To clear this up.

The Ten Tec has our radio-mart warrantee, 12 month parts and labor, the rig is brand new and has not been sold before except to me.

I have good friends in high places that will make certain I am well taken care off should a problem arise with the Tentec listed.

You will see several rigs new and used that we offer a warantee with.

Question for you, Why didnt you just ask me direct rather than come on to a public forum?

Well 73s
w8jn

Another Question

Post by w8jn »

In other words, you are saying, people associated with Tentec will back your warranty? When Matt returns from Dayton, I will be sure to give him a call asking if he backs the "Radio-Mart" warranty? Will he confirm that you are the first owner of the rig? When I speak with Matt, I will post a follow up.

Martyn, I am a man of my word. If Matt backs up your claims, I will advise everyone on this forum

ps, would you please list the serial number of the Omni VII so I have a reference for Matt? Thanks Paul
Last edited by w8jn on Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w8jn

One More

Post by w8jn »

By the way, in all my years in ham radio, I have never run into a dealer who was annoyed or offended when someone asked them a question in a public forum. Any dealer who is comfortable with what they do would welcome questions in any situation.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Hi Paul,

No I am not annoyed or upset with you asking a question, I am just curious to know why you didn’t just call me direct or email me like I would have expected most to do?

I will be seeing Matt tomorrow and will be sure to tell him Hi from you.

Just let me make it clear though, as I do not like words being put in my mouth

Quote, “In other words, you are saying, people associated with Tentec will back your warranty?"

That is NOT what I have said nor believe implied however what I am making clear is that I am telling you that I will offer the full 12 month parts and labor warrantee and it has nothing to do with TenTec at this time.

The likelihood of the transceiver developing a fault in the next 12 months is minimal but like my policy states, it is covered by US for the 12 months from receipt.

The rig is a one off deal and if you would like to purchase it from me I will be more than happy to take your order, if not and you are genuinely interested in the purchase of a TenTec 588AT may I recommend you contact their sales department on mailto:sales@tentec.com or Call Sales: (800) 833-7373 where I am sure their competent staff will be more than willing to accept your order.

Best 73s
w8jn

Matt????

Post by w8jn »

Martyn,
I was unaware that anyone named Matt works at Tentec, so.... If you find your pal Matt at Tentec, let us all know!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
KD8HAV

Re: Matt????

Post by KD8HAV »

w8jn wrote:Martyn,
I was unaware that anyone named Matt works at Tentec, so.... If you find your pal Matt at Tentec, let us all know!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul:

It is not nice to play trickery on our friend Marty.

KD8HAV
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Shame on you Paul for trying to trip me up like that : :D

Sticks and stones :)

I have learned many things in my life, one thing I keep to mind is I do not get stressed out over ham radio and I really should ignore some of the oddballs out there and I seem to attract one or two from time to time.

I am no longer going to post on this forum, if any body want to contact me they can get hold of me through my web site www.radio-mart.net

If anyone is going to Dayton,, see ya there :)
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I could swear Martyn that you have stated at least one other time if not more that you would no longer respond or post on this forum.

Paul that was absolutely genius the way you tripped up Martyn. Must admit i knew no difference if a Matt worked at Ten Tec or not as Paul is the only name i'm familiar with at Ten Tec. I would love to have a 588AT but alas money for me is not plentiful. Did you get my PM?
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

John Conners Dog

Post by w8jn »

Terminator: "What's the dogs name?"
John Conner: "Max"
Terminator to John Conners Foster mom "How's Woofie?"
John Conner's Foster mom, "Woffies fine dear"
Terminator to John Conner: "Your parents are dead"

ooooopppppppssssss

As Martyn said...AAAHHHHLLLLL BE BACK!

Larry, I did get the pm... Terrific letter from your son. You should be proud of him and thank him for all of us for his service to our country so we can be free!!!
Last edited by w8jn on Thu May 19, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

Martyn will be at Dayton? Interesting. Set up indoors, in the flea market, or just wandering around with cash?

Might be interesting to have a face-to-face chat.

And I won't even bring Wolfie, er Max...
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Did Martyn actually say that the Matt he would be seeing worked for or at TenTec ? :?:
OK, So where are the filters now ?
w8jn

Yes He Did

Post by w8jn »

Yes he did!!!!
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

OK , I guess that I missed that . :shock:
K8YZK

Post by K8YZK »

Actually Paul brought the name (Matt) up first,and Martyn just followed along with the thread, yes he did fall for it..

Paul and Martyn have a problem between them, but seems both parties have their followers and haters.

It is interesting reading for sure.
K9XR

Sure is!

Post by K9XR »

Actually Paul is like most of us. He only has problems with those who Lie, Cheat, and Steal.

Unfortunately Martyn has a problem with anyone who figures out what he is all about. At least Paul hasn't dealt with Martyn, so he is not subject to being lied about by Martyn. As we know by now, thart is Martyn's usual M.O. to discredit his accusers.

[quote="K8YZK

Paul and Martyn have a problem between them, but seems both parties have their followers and haters.
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

K4TEC wrote:I have learned many things in my life, one thing I keep to mind is I do not get stressed out over ham radio...
You're right Martyn. Everyone should follow your example of tolerance & forgiveness when sellers make little 'boo-boos'. After all, its just a sale.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=r ... by&Many=ON
w8jn

Martyns Forgiveness

Post by w8jn »

Here is how Martyn forgives and forgets when sellers make little boo boos. WOW

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=r ... by&Many=ON

Happy hoss trading Paul w8jn
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

K8YZK wrote:Actually Paul brought the name (Matt) up first,and Martyn just followed along with the thread, yes he did fall for it..

It is interesting reading for sure.
But I still don't see where Martyn referred to Matt @ Tentec. Paul mentioned a Matt, said that he would ask him some Tentec specific questions. Martyn replied that he would be seeing Matt .

I like Paul , just sayin... :?: No "hate" here.

Larry,
I know once Paul agrees to a settlement, the matter is settled.