My callsign VE6WR again used fraudulantly

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VE6WR

My callsign VE6WR again used fraudulantly

Post by VE6WR »

Just got an email from some poor soul in Sweden who got taken in by whoever is using my name and callsign. The email addy he is using is:
arthurve6wr@blumail.org
Please beware of these scams. I posted a warning some days ago here and on qrz.com. Don't know what else I can do.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Fraudulently ?
OK, So where are the filters now ?
VE6WR

Fraudulently

Post by VE6WR »

fraud·u·lent   /ˈfrɔdʒələnt/ Show Spelled
[fraw-juh-luhnt] Show IPA

–adjective
1. characterized by, involving, or proceeding from fraud, as actions, enterprise, methods, or gains: a fraudulent scheme to evade taxes.
2. given to or using fraud, as a person; cheating; dishonest.
Use Fraudulently in a Sentence
See images of Fraudulently
Search Fraudulently on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1375–1425; late Middle English < Latin fraudulentus. See fraud, -ulent

—Related forms
fraud·u·lence, fraud·u·len·cy, noun
fraud·u·lent·ly, adverb
non·fraud·u·lence, noun
non·fraud·u·len·cy, noun
kg8lb

Re: Fraudulently

Post by kg8lb »

Thanks for the copy and paste.
I understand the meaning and use of the word.
However, since you often make a point of commenting on spelling and grammar I thought it only fair to let you know that you too had made a spelling error.
The bold type face on the "e" was meant as a subtle tip off . Sorry , it seems you didn't pick up on that .
"Post subject: My callsign VE6WR again used fraudulantly"

Normally , spelling errors are not worthy of comment . ( I make enough typos on my own.) Exceptions would be for a point of clarification or perhaps as a reminder for some folks having a history of offering commentary regarding the spelling efforts of others. At that point they should become fair game.

Could it be definition for "addy" would have been more useful ?

It is regrettable that someone is improperly using your identity in any event.
VE6WR

Hmmmm...fraudulant...fraudulent...oh well

Post by VE6WR »

Contrary to what some may think, I don't see it as a life mission to point out errors in spelling and/or grammar. I really do have many, many more interests. This was but one of my attempts at levity.

Please do not take it so seriously. This was but one example of me showing the world that I, too, am capable of making mistakes and at laughing at myself. But thank you for pointing out that little spelling error. I shall attempt to do better in the future.
kg8lb

"Hoist with his own petar"

Post by kg8lb »

No problem, we certainly aren't taking anything seriously here. :P Just noting that perhaps you were.
No one has called your repeated spelling / grammar critiques a life mission but it is an activity where you have a recorded history . :shock:
VE6WR wrote:.... But thank you for pointing out that little spelling error..
You are indeed welcome. As I said , normally I don't comment on spelling errors. However, your own track record made it fair game.

No doubt it will be easy to distinguish between authentic VE6WR listings and the bogus listings. The spelling errors in authentic VE6WR listings will be little ones.

Levity ? I must have missed the part where you were laughing at yourself.

It is a real shame that people rob identities , sorry that it has happened to you. Hopefully the rat will be outed soon.

BTW: Addy :?: :wink:
Last edited by kg8lb on Sun May 22, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VE6WR

Thanks...

Post by VE6WR »

...for the comeback, and thank you for seeing my posts for what they were. Just a little poking fun at ourselves.

Take care, and thanks again.