KD9AN - Another failed transaction

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KT4H

KD9AN - Another failed transaction

Post by KT4H »

I listed a balun for sale.
Richard, KD9AN emailed me that he wanted to buy it.
I emailed him that I would hold it for him pending receipt of payment.
He emailed me that he was sending a cashiers check.
I never received check or explanation.
I emailed him asking if payment had been sent. I received no response.
I emailed him again and advised I would be relisting balun if he did not reply.
Again, I received no response so I relisted the balun.

I feel like I allowed sufficient time for Richard to respond.

I do not want to editorialize, criticize, or speculate. I am just stating the facts. You decide if you want to deal with KD9AN.

Jim - KT4H
W8UAB

KD9AN - Did not pay

Post by W8UAB »

Thanks for the post. I too posted back in February concerning Dan and his pension for window shopping without funds and of course I was lambasted for wasting everybody's time with what some consider a frivolous posting. As I often send an item to the buyer before payment arrives, I find this kind of posting invaluable!
K9XR

Re: KD9AN - Did not pay

Post by K9XR »

Absolutely!! I have made a mental list of the guys who are constantly "tire kicking" and others who have never sent money when they said they would, and I just ignore them now.

W8UAB wrote:Thanks for the post. I too posted back in February concerning Dan and his pension for window shopping without funds and of course I was lambasted for wasting everybody's time with what some consider a frivolous posting. As I often send an item to the buyer before payment arrives, I find this kind of posting invaluable!