The right way to resolve your problems with Radio-mart

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

The right way to resolve your problems with Radio-mart

Post by w8jn »

Radio Mart makes the following statement on their web site "Welcome to Radio-Mart"

"Welcome to the Radio-Mart web site, we hope you enjoy your stay here.

We have recently been awarded the prestigious BBB A+ Seal of approval which confirms you can buy with confidence from Radio-Mart; our focus is on customer care and good service." They are members of the Lexington Ky Better Buysiness Bureau. As such, they must resolve all complaints. Below is the link to their rating and how to have your issues resolved through the Bureau http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-r ... y-90004579 Happy Hoss Trading Trading Paul w8jn
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Paul, The BBB isn't a regulatory agency. Its basically a group of like minded business owners who all put their dues into a kitty. The BBB claims to want to resolve issues, but their actual interest in doing so is weighted more toward the dues paying member. This is why certain small business owners jump at the chance to pay dues and join.

You're just as well to complain to Al Qaeda that an Islamic extremist in your neighborhood is bothering you.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Yep, The BBB is pretty much a paper tiger. Not much leverage there !
OK, So where are the filters now ?
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Paul being as i'm not familiar with your area but if nothing else when a complaint is filed against a BBB member it is on record so why not file a complaint with them. The BBB has taken such actions as against Coca Cola to court . I know they can be a useful tool to fight bad businesses. If all the complaints that people have had been filed with the BBB against Radio Mart it would have been a available record for others to see. I know some BBB's are more liberal in there actions than others so all i can say is you have given OK advice in my opinion so what can it hurt.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

agree

Post by w8jn »

Larry,
Many businesses point to their record with the BBB as proof of their honesty. The good thing about the BBB is that they list all complaints and how many of them have been resolved to the satisfaction of the customer. They are not enforcers, they are however good public record keepers.
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn