DEAL WITH STEVE WA5TDF // FEDEX

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
GALAXY67

DEAL WITH STEVE WA5TDF // FEDEX

Post by GALAXY67 »

I had a deal with Steve , WA5TDF,on a power supply,he sent me payment just like we had worked out,in all honesty,I do have to point out,that Steve said the power supply did not make the fedex trip in the best of shape to him,apparently,he was not at home,and Fedex threw the box a considerable distance over a fence and just left it there,I know if rain is in the forcast,they put plastic bags on packages when left,apparntley,they did not even do this either,Steve said he repaired the power supply,the front face cover had been popped open,I rolled that power supply 10 times in bubble wrap,plus additional bubble wrap on the front,I guess this was not sufficent for a Throwing over the fence routine,I had not had any damadges in over 20 years of shipping,so this is a first for me,just wanting to let those know,that even under t he best of packing jobs,i guess you can't do enough...BOB WN8BOB
W1JCW

Fed Ex

Post by W1JCW »

I was doing okay with Fed Ex until recently.

They were paid to pack an item and ship an extra box SEPARATELY from the other.

The clown shipped the boxes together, damaged the smaller box that was to be shipped separately and then Fed Ex wanted to argue about paying for it !!

Bottom line they mis-packed and did not follow instructions so by default are
liable.

I have escalated this claim and will get the shipping, packing and insurance as the first rep was a real dummy and does understand that Fed Ex has responsibility when they pack the items.

You must hold Fed Ex accountable and when they refuse push it up the line and don't take it laying down.

My 2 cents on the Fed Ex damages..
73 -

W1JCW
John
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Something is wrong here.... I send at LEAST 25 boxes a month Fedex Ground Home Delivery and most boxes weigh 68 pounds ( www.n4ats.com ) I NEVER insure , instead I wrap and package the unit the correct way. I have sent well over 500 boxes thus far and NEVER once had an problem with them.

If this unit was boxed and bubble wrapped the way you say , something other than Fedex is to blame...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
GALAXY67

fedex and shipping

Post by GALAXY67 »

Ialso have shipped a lot, at least 400 packages in 20 years,so I know how to pack,one accident in 20 years is not much,but it sounds like you think it is,I alsohad my own business from 1980 till 1997,not a single claim,so I don';t think you can tell me how to pack an item....WN8BOB
GALAXY67

SHIPPING

Post by GALAXY67 »

I would also like to note,this could have occured anywhere along the shipping route,I had a freind who worked his way thru college at one of the shipping carriers,which I'll leave blank,packages were routinely thrown a good distance,even kicked by others with Steel Toed Boots,etc..I also pack according to the item,some items I have triple boxed,pack tubes seperate, I learned a lot from the early years,now I just buy from time to time,to use for my own personal use,when I'm done with a new toy or addition to my shack,I let it go down the road,I try whatever comes to mind and packing/shipping is like a second nature to me,thanks for the input by all....WN8BOB
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

N4ATS wrote:... I send at LEAST 25 boxes a month Fedex Ground Home Delivery and most boxes weigh 68 pounds ( www.n4ats.com ) I NEVER insure....
I would think that if I were shipping packages that heavy I would insure for my customers sake....Unless, of course, I had money rolling out my ears to replace a damaged piece of equipment out of my own pocket (which I don't)

Just sayin'.....