N3FOR is Trouble

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
aa1ov

N3FOR is Trouble

Post by aa1ov »

I sold this character a perfectly functioning radio. I shipped it and insured it as I have all the items I have ever sold. Out of all the items I sold, he is one of two people where the item arrived damaged. When he notified me it was damaged I told him I would file for the insurance. He then started a tirade via email as to how I was a shyster, poor packaging, etc etc.

It is not that uncommon for something to arrive in poor condition. That's what insurance is for. No one should have to put up with character assassinations however.

I would recommend that N3FOR be careful what he types for libel is a nasty lawsuit to defend and expensive. At this point, due to his taking this to a public forum, I hope he received the postal insurance payment. If not I will no longer assist him in that endeavor. Good luck to any one who sells him anything. It was not worth the trouble.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »