Bill McDonald KJ4TLC Thief! Takes money doesn't send gear.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n4tia

Bill McDonald KJ4TLC Thief! Takes money doesn't send gear.

Post by n4tia »

Spoke with Bill McDonald several times reference a Kenwood TL-922A Amplifier he had listed on here as being for sale. I requested several various pictures of the amp to verify that he really had the amp and to verify condition of different aspects of the amp. We agreed on a price and Bill requested a money order be sent to him. The last contact I had with Bill was to hear that he received my money order and was trying to figure out how to ship the amp.

That was a month ago. Attempted multiple (over 20) emails at Bill ranging from asking if he had found a means to ship the amp to letting him know I've contacted law enforcement about this deal gone bad. Still no word back from him.

I'm blown away at Mr. McDonalds gall at outright stealing a large sum of money. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this individual? Anyone have any advice on a next step to reclaim my money?

Thanks and 73.

Alex N4TIA
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

I see he currently has a WTB listing that gives his phone number in the listing as well as in the contact info for emails....I'd sure be giving him a phone call.
73...Sam W8VVE
n4tia

Post by n4tia »

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the reply. His phone number has been coming up with an error message that says the number is unreachable whenever I try to call. So I'm not sure what the problem is there. Great job researching that though, thanks!

Alex
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Has he ever contacted you or sent the amp? I see he still has his add on qth..
Larry Huff K0pd
n4tia

Post by n4tia »

No, he refuses to answer my phone calls and emails. I must have sent over one hundred emails and over twenty calls with no luck.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

The reason i asked if he had contacted you or sent the amp is because i replied to his ad and told him he needed to clear his name with you. Apparently he does not want to. ... Good luck in getting your Amp or money back from the looks of it..
Larry Huff K0pd
n4tia

Post by n4tia »

K0PD, I'm emailing you now.