WN8BOB - Bob - FB trader!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa8mea

WN8BOB - Bob - FB trader!

Post by wa8mea »

I have never bought or traded a thing via mail since becoming a ham in 1971. I guess the idea made me nervous.

Recently, I purchased a Yaesu FT-747 through QTH.com. That transaction went very well and I wasn't afraid to try it since the fella lived about 80 miles down the road a piece.

Then I had my first trade last week with WN8BOB. I saw one negative post about Bob after agreeing to the trade and almost backed out. But then I said to myself; "Remember, Bill....these search engines are in the business of putting the NEGATIVE stuff out there first!" (ESPECIALLY Google....) So I read further and found MANY more posts praising Bob and his transactions. The negative post that popped up first was the only negative. And I like the way Bob handled himself compared to the guy who was complaining. Bob handled it with class.

I had a small scanner amp Bob was interested in and needed badly and Bob had a couple of older scanners laying around he wasn't using and I need a scanner in the shack. (My one and only scanner is in the living room for severe weather alerts....)

I got more than I bargained for! This classic Realistic Pro-38 scanner is in MINT condx! The desktop Bearcat works terrific! (Better than my new scanner in the living room....)

WN8BOB is an FB trader in my book. Even sent the stuff insured! Five out of five stars....

TNX BOB.....73

Bill - WA8MEA
http://HamRadioFun.com
blake1010

Re: WN8BOB - Bob - FB trader!

Post by blake1010 »

wa8mea wrote:I have never bought or traded a thing via mail since becoming a ham in 1971. I guess the idea made me nervous.

Recently, I purchased a Yaesu FT-747 through QTH.com. That transaction went very well and I wasn't afraid to try it since the fella lived about 80 miles down the road a piece.

Then I had my first trade last week with WN8BOB. I saw one negative post about Bob after agreeing to the trade and almost backed out. But then I said to myself; "Remember, Bill....these search engines are in the business of putting the NEGATIVE stuff out there first!" (ESPECIALLY Google....) So I read further and found MANY more posts praising Bob and his transactions. The negative post that popped up first was the only negative. And I like the way Bob handled himself compared to the guy who was complaining. Bob handled it with class.

I had a small scanner amp Bob was interested in and needed badly and Bob had a couple of older scanners laying around he wasn't using and I need a scanner in the shack. (My one and only scanner is in the living room for severe weather alerts....)

I got more than I bargained for! This classic Realistic Pro-38 scanner is in MINT condx! The desktop Bearcat works terrific! (Better than my new scanner in the living room....)

WN8BOB is an FB trader in my book. Even sent the stuff insured! Five out of five stars....

TNX BOB.....73

Bill - WA8MEA
http://HamRadioFun.com
i been trading with bob since the early days of strongsignals .com hes one of the best person to trade with..