Poll Question - Radio Mart AKA K4TEC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.

Would you buy your used Ham Equipment From Radio- Mart

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes
33%
No
58%
maybe
9%

Total votes: 69

lhk0pd

Poll Question - Radio Mart AKA K4TEC

Post by lhk0pd »

Due to the high activity on here concerning Radio-Mart AKA K4TEC Martyn Allison i feel a opinion poll of his Business practice is appropriate.
Last edited by lhk0pd on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Huff K0pd
KD8HAV

Post by KD8HAV »

Sure doesn't look like 99% here.

KD8HAV
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Great guy , Nice radios , never had an issue ever. bought MANY radios as well as he buying many from me. Would buy again in a heartbeat.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
w8mjm

K4TEC

Post by w8mjm »

I have delt with Martyn a couple of times without a hitch. I would do business with him again.
KK7AZ

Never had a problem.....

Post by KK7AZ »

Wow,32 votes on a man with 18,000 deals on ebay, and a 1% neg rating. Looks like a Vendetta against a great dealer from people who need to get a life. I've been dealing with Radio-Mart for 10 years without a problem. This is what ham radio has become, no one on the radio, just a bunch of lonely malcontents with a computer. 73's
WW0JD

This thread was added in poor taste.

Post by WW0JD »

Hasn't this topic run its course?? I believe this needless thread was added in poor judgement. If someone doesn't know when to quit - a moderator should know when to start. (Just a thought).
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
K9XR

I love censors

Post by K9XR »

I just love the censors here. Why can't everybody have an opinion? If this thread (which is only a few days old) bothers you, don't read it. But please, don't tell me what I can or can't read.
W4LTD

Re: This thread was added in poor taste.

Post by W4LTD »

It's amazing how lambasting K4TEC throughout the Feedback Forum is accepted by the general population, but a Poll in his favor (which was not the original intention of this poll's creator) should be disallowed... Funny how things work out sometimes!

:?:
K9XR

Re: This thread was added in poor taste.

Post by K9XR »

Now I'm really confused! First of all, you must be using that new math if you think the poll is in K4TEC's favor. Second of all, I don't know what side the poster who says it is worthless is on. I myself am for freedom of speech and think there is room for everybody's opinion nhere.

I guess if we all talked to our sellers and threatened them with being a Federal Postal Inspector, we may all have different results. BTW the way is that really the official way for a federal official to handle things. Is UPS or FEDEX covered by those rules also? I'm just curious.

W4LTD wrote:It's amazing how lambasting K4TEC throughout the Feedback Forum is accepted by the general population, but a Poll in his favor (which was not the original intention of this poll's creator) should be disallowed... Funny how things work out sometimes!

:?:
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

With the growing number of people supporting K4TEC, his reputation as a good seller is only growing, which is counterproductive to the original poster's intentions. I had made no "threats" to Martyn whatsoever, I simply let him know that anything less than honesty would not be tolerated.. He sent me the Collins SM-3, its condition was as he described and it was a flawless transaction. Personally, I don't care to discuss this with you further, as I simply made a reply in this thread. The reply was not directed towards you, so please refrain from messaging me in the future. Is that simple enough for you to understand?
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

I never "messaged you". I simply replied to your post on a PUBLIC forum. Is that so hard for you to understand? Are you going to report me to the Postal Authorities? Like I said before if you don't like to read what I have to say, just pass it by. The last time I checked, you weren't the owner of this board. BTW I think maybe you better look up the definition of "threat".

W4LTD wrote:With the growing number of people supporting K4TEC, his reputation as a good seller is only growing, which is counterproductive to the original poster's intentions. I had made no "threats" to Martyn whatsoever, I simply let him know that anything less than honesty would not be tolerated.. He sent me the Collins SM-3, its condition was as he described and it was a flawless transaction. Personally, I don't care to discuss this with you further, as I simply made a reply in this thread. The reply was not directed towards you, so please refrain from messaging me in the future. Is that simple enough for you to understand?
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Sadly, Mr. Brooks, it seems you have nothing better to do than stir the pot around here:

http://chat.qth.com/search.php?search_a ... 054b133d46

(this is my last response, so have a ball...)
K9XR

Thanks!!

Post by K9XR »

Oh, Thanks Mr. Lee. I guess you do care about what I have to say after all.

W4LTD wrote:Sadly, Mr. Brooks, it seems you have nothing better to do than stir the pot around here:

http://chat.qth.com/search.php?search_a ... 054b133d46

(this is my last response, so have a ball...)
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Let me say right off the top i never started this poll to use as a attack on Martyn as we all ready had a forum going that i could have done so on. I asked this Poll to see if after all the comments made about Radio Mart because of the high activity about him on the forum; what would a Poll show, as no one knows how you or how others voted unless you tell them.So W4LTD your wrong 100% about the reason i placed the Poll.
Larry Huff K0pd
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Love one another people , trust God , He has it ALL UNDER CONTROL... You reap what you sew. Leave him alone , if anything, HELP him and you too shall be helped. You bash him as if you never did anything wrong. Forgive and move on...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Amen!

Thanks, Bill, for putting it all into perspective... You are a true brother in Christ!
K9XR

I guess we better shut it down

Post by K9XR »

Well I guess the authorities have spoken. This thread started out ONLY as a POLL asking if you would buy anything from radiomart. Now it seems like a minority of the viewers doesn't care for the result and that is just terrible. What give you folks the right to limit our opinions? That what this was about until a select few tried to regulate it.

Don't try to tell me what I should think. You have your opinion and I have mine. I have the right to express my opinion just as you have so don't try to tell me that it is over just because you say it is. I really don't need you to tell me how I should think.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

"Don't try to tell me what I should think."

K9XR, no one is telling you, think as you wish as this is America. However all I am trying to do it have everyone get along. We should be brothers unlike all the hatred overseas (it appears the way we are going).

Someone makes a mistake, call him direct and speak to him instead of everyone posting all this crap. Its ridicules.

A "poll" will not work here, because you are comparing 20 ish responses to some 18K he has on elsewhere. The odds are against him from the start because of all the hatred and negativity in this country

Instead, start a thread about the "good" things he does and wham, 500 will come in as soon as it is threaded.

Someone is hungry, feed them , someone needs correction , correct them , someone needs help , help them, someone needs money , give them some. You WILL be rewarded.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

All polls are a random sampling of the public.
Larry Huff K0pd
VE7IRA

Post by VE7IRA »

Funny how this feedback forum is used by some hams who have decided that they are QTH HAM POLICE OFFICERS

Seems only a certain few like to constantly stir the fires.

Maybe these wannabe poloce officers have no life except to abuse others.

Wonder why they are not censored like others are here by the forum master
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

VE7IRA wrote: Seems only a certain few like to constantly stir the fires.

Maybe these wannabe poloce officers have no life except to abuse others.

I think you hit the nail directly on its head!
K9XR

And the hits just keep on coming.

Post by K9XR »

And it seems that a certain few continue to go way out of their way to prove their stupidity.
WW0JD

Perhaps this would be a good time to reflect on our "In

Post by WW0JD »

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:16 pm Post subject: Using this Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past there have been a number of feedback posts that:

. Were incomplete, leaving out key parts of the issue,
. Left out the identity of the offending ham,
. Were strictly personal, not belonging to this site at all,
. Were comments from others not related to the issue in any way, or
. Were aggressive and threatening.
There is little doubt that accurate feedback providing call signs and/or names of people known to have a history of cheating on trades or scamming by lying, omitting relevant information, selling stolen goods, etc. is be very valuable to all buyers, sellers and traders.

Remember:
. Tell the whole story. Be brief but don't leave out key ingredients.

. Identify who you are talking about. If you are not sure about the real situation, don't post it until you are sure.

. Stick to the facts. Tell what happened but leave out the personal judgements. Let the reader do the judging.

. Refrain from adding personal comments unless you have actual experience with the individual being discussed and know more about the issue than has been already given.

. Keep your comments relevant to the issue at hand.

. Remember, whatever you write can be used as evidence in a court of law should the person or persons involved in the issue take legal action against you.

Your continued support is greatly appreciated!

---If your posts follow these guidelines:Thank You!
---If you posts do not follow these guidelines: Please read them again.
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

The poll question is a very simple one. Would you buy from Radio Mart, or wouldn't you?

I don't see why that would be considered an invalid or inappropriate question.
shaggy_24740

Post by shaggy_24740 »

W3WN wrote:The poll question is a very simple one. Would you buy from Radio Mart, or wouldn't you?

I don't see why that would be considered an invalid or inappropriate question.
Well with a feed back record on EBAY 2'nd to none, and EBAY the #1 ham radio selling place on the Enet where prices are compared by EBAY standards all over the Web,, Looks to me like a Pioneer like RadioMart would have never left a place where he was one of the highest sellers there,. Remember now they have special privileges for Honest sellers like him on EABY.
And he left to come here after bragging on how much he sold there, If you compare it to here where he isn't a HoT Rod seller and is like everyone else, I think I'd still be on EBAY unless he did something terribly wrong.
Now call me a grumpy old man call me anything you wish that don't matter.
What matters is if you have a problem with people stating Honest opinions, the why have a feed back forum.? Every one that says something wrong about ""Someone who is wrong"" seems to be the one getting the beating here. Not the culprit like Radio Mart who has had big feed back but all of a sudden his huge feed back starts going from a big number one day and is a smaller number the next day is a sign that a buyer didn't leave feedback because evidently he was satisfied. That makes the average go down without having bad feed back, but it all means the same.""A dissatisfied Buyer.
I never left anyone bad feed back on Ebay and never threatened any body on EBAY, or on here.
Yet for me to tell the truth here makes me a grumpy old man.
Well so be it this Grumpy old man that always said nice things about every one I did business with even a guy who made me take a perfectly Good Mint Radio back, still got good feed back.
Google me and you'll see all good things. Google Radio mart and you see nothing but bad reports.
Naturally on here he is going to try to leave a good appearance from the beginning then he'll get back to his ""Look at my high feedback"" Lingo which don't mean one thing but (I can scam you with impunity). It just don't sell with me, The fruit don't fall far from the tree.
Forgive and forget? Fine I will! But I have a call sign and a name (3) names hung above my screen that I definitely won't buy from.
That's why I can forget, I just use notes. A long pencil is better than a short memory LOLO :D
Ps. Don't holler about my spelling either I ran a spell check and if it's wrong claim it on Google, LOLOL
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck