Poll Question - Radio Mart AKA K4TEC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.

Would you buy your used Ham Equipment From Radio- Mart

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes
33%
No
58%
maybe
9%

Total votes: 69

larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

AA6ZE wrote:Way overpriced with inconsistent feedback .Not someone I would trust with my money.
I can just go back to Universal Radio's used list where, although pricey, I won't need to spend time asking questions that a buyer shouldn't need to ask in the first place.

"Can you tell me if the power supply, which is advertised as coming with the radio, is actually going to come with the radio?"

Radio-Mart did issue me a small refund, for the missing power supply, but I definitely wouldn't have purchased the radio had I known the mistake would occur.
shaggy_24740

Post by shaggy_24740 »

w7why wrote:I just wonder how many people who voted 'No' actually bought something from him. I think they are just trying to stir the pot, or just don't have anything else in their life to do.

It really seems unreal to me that 38 people have had a bad dealing with this seller seeing that you can read the feedback before buying something. Either they don't read the feedback or are just stupid. 73

Tom W7WHY
That's why we have the Feed Back situation. The WWW.COM has him written down as a thief.
Google it radiomart:: Looking at what everyone says there isn't too much accept a few that really likes the guy.
And most of his feed back is from Acquaintances.
When he gets a good rating here he will continue his scams on the back of QTH, saying I have all this positive feed back and I can do as I wish=sh and anyone who says my stuff is bad I can get QTH to throw them off, Or::: I'm tired of being Mr. Nice guy now it's time to File a complaint with you local police department and have you arrested, look at all this good loving people on QTH that bought from me,. LOLOL
Ratings don't drop unless you sell something and the buyer just don't respond.
Radio equipment is the biggest rip off on the Market, it is always good when it left their place and the Buyer is the blame, although he has 40 Years as a credible ham, Radio Mart has 18000 feed backs he got with threats, backed the the rogue EBAY till they found him out, now he is monitored and his ratings are dropping so since EBAY started dropping feed back by being Buyers didn't leave any at all, his ratings started dropping and it didn't take negative feed back to make that happen, all it took was no feed back at all. Buyers begin to figure that out, and that left Mart with no way to make his outlandish threats. He has to take the drop because EBAY done it and all he can do is accept it or find another scam site and that's exactly what he is doing here. He was exposed on every site he has been on so far.
Feed Back has a way of taking care of itself. He can't say I got 18000 now because it is dropping at each sell, now he can only say 17000 and it is still dropping.
I'm just the Messenger,, I didn't wright the message :D
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
ab7r

This is why he should not be trusted...in my opinion...

Post by ab7r »

Martin has tried to defend his positions here but I had to chime in...

He presently has a Flex 5000 with ATU and 2nd RX for sale. He states in his ad that it is "unused". I believe this is the very same radio I was going to buy from another ham on the east coast a few weeks ago. I found out he sold it locally to Martin. So the radio is definitely used...contrary to what he says. I trust the orig owner who said the radio was in excellent condition but why the exaggeration as unused???

I guess it is possible it may not be the same radio but I strongly doubt it. Or maybe his definition of unused means unused by him.

Best wishes to all!

Greg
AB7R
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
ab7r

Misleading ad

Post by ab7r »

Martin,

I am talking about the Flex 5K you got from Jim N.... Excellent condition yes but it had been used. Your ad says UNUSED....not exactly honest. I don't understand the need to be dishonest .....or misleading.....if the gear is in fact in excellent condition.

GL
Greg
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
ab7r

Well then...

Post by ab7r »

If that is the case I apologize.

Greg
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Martyn, the radio itself is fine. But you didn't include the advertised power supply ("I am supplying the power lead") -- and it seems to have been done on purpose.

I e-mailed you from work, saying the box arrived at my office; that I'd leave feedback on your website when I got home & opened the package. Within 10 minutes of me sending that message to you, POOF!! -- the ad for the radio disappeared from your website. Like magic that ad was gone! Gee, I wonder why.

None of your ads disappear after an item is sold.

Sure enough, when I got home & opened the box, the power supply wasn't there. Which confirmed what I already anticipated.

And by the way, I never shop at Walmart, and I haven't cashed that $10 check.

Larry
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
w8jn

Straighten Out My Confusion

Post by w8jn »

I answered an ad by Charles V White KI4VDX offering a Flex 5000a. I get a response indicating that it was sold, however the response was from Martyn. Martyn is in Georgetown Ky and Charles is in Knoxville Tn 185 miles apart. Someone want to set me straight?
Happy Hoss Trading. Paul w8jn
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: Straighten Out My Confusion

Post by KA9FOX »

Frozen wrote:Seems a user in Germany (per servers) made this bogus ad on QTH. ... And Scott pulled the listing. :)
I can confirm this.

- Scott KA9FOX
w8jn

still does not make sense

Post by w8jn »

Scott, My response went to Charles. How did Martyn intercept and reply to it, and then go on to ask me about a rig I had for sale?
Paul w8jn
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: still does not make sense

Post by KA9FOX »

w8jn wrote:Scott, My response went to Charles. How did Martyn intercept and reply to it, and then go on to ask me about a rig I had for sale?
Paul w8jn
The bad guy placed an ad using the name and callsign of KI4VDX, but used Martyn's email address. The source of the IP was an open proxy server in Germany. Clearly someone is trying to cause trouble, but I am not sure of the motive.

- Scott KA9FOX
W8UAB

Re: Larry... Your email

Post by W8UAB »

"We could always use generic, factory pictures like Universal..."

Ouch! Defending your business by disparaging others is bad form!

I have noted quite the opposite in that Universal goes to great length to photograph the individual item as well as avoiding the usual embellishments like "one owner" "always covered" "sold to me as new" that your company seems to lean upon...
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
AA6ZE

Re: W8UAB

Post by AA6ZE »

Frozen wrote:Quick question... I have searched our records with your details and have found nothing sold to you. Are you claiming to have bought from us?

Many Thanks & Have a Blessed Day
Leslie Allison

W8UAB wrote:"We could always use generic, factory pictures like Universal..."

Ouch! Defending your business by disparaging others is bad form!

I have noted quite the opposite in that Universal goes to great length to photograph the individual item as well as avoiding the usual embellishments like "one owner" "always covered" "sold to me as new" that your company seems to lean upon...
He doesn't have to have bought from you to answer the poll.The question is would you buy used equipment from Radio Mart, Nothing more. You don't have to stick your hand in fire to know it will get burned. That is why we have feedback and consumer rating sites. Everyone has the right to do research. and form his own opinion if he will do business with you.
Last edited by AA6ZE on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w8jn

ebay names for Martyn

Post by w8jn »

Does anyone know the names Martyn sold under on ebay?