Poll Question - Radio Mart AKA K4TEC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.

Would you buy your used Ham Equipment From Radio- Mart

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes
33%
No
58%
maybe
9%

Total votes: 69

larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

I imagine that folks who defend a highly criticized person have their reasons. Yet I keep thinking of an old piece of advice that those much wiser have always told me.

"Larry, if enough people criticize you for the same thing, over & over, you may want to stop and actually take a look at it."
WW0JD

For Entertainment Purposes Only!

Post by WW0JD »

Opinion Equality:
Try to keep an open mind. Be considerate. All amateurs are entitled to their own opinion. However, don't try to tell us what to think!
(Parents, teachers, councelors and mentors have all tried before and failed.) :roll:
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
K9XR

Re: This thread was added in poor taste.

Post by K9XR »

Maybe you ought to take your own advice

WW0JD wrote:Hasn't this topic run its course?? I believe this needless thread was added in poor judgement. If someone doesn't know when to quit - a moderator should know when to start. (Just a thought).
kg8lb

Yes, I would.

Post by kg8lb »

I have not yet bought anything from Martyn . I have however sold him numerous items on eBay. As a buyer Martyn was always polite and prompt. Based upon that experience , I would consider buying from Martyn. Of course using the same safeguards I would apply to any other person that I am not personally acquainted with.
Lynch mob mentality has an ugly history .

Furthermore, I would not base my opinion on Martyn upon here- say from people here on QTH that refuse to reveal either their call sign or the eBay screen name that they base their own stellar reputation upon. Beware of the screwball that insists you identify as they cower behind their own screen of anonymity .
OK, So where are the filters now ?
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Well, I went ahead & bought a receiver from the Radio-Mart store. It arrived in good shape, no problems with the radio itself, but the advertised power supply wasn't with it. I called the man, he said he'd make good for it.
Last edited by larrylanberg on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Well, Mr. Allison of Radio-Mart did make good on the missing wall transformer, via a refund check. Overall I got a well-kept Drake receiver for a decent price, certainly less than the typical Ebay price for same unit.
shaggy_24740

Post by shaggy_24740 »

http://www.vk4adc.com/content/index.php ... &Itemid=50
I haven't seen anyone with so much criticism.
The Guy above is a Justice of the peace in Ausi land.
His feed back went from 18000 down to 17400 so that's 600 sells or transactions that don't have a comment.
If this guy was ever brought to a local court they would put him under the Jail.
They just gave a guy here a year in Jail for tempting the same thing and made a felon out of him , and it was an attempted""he didn't Plum do it""offence, and a first offence at that. Need I say more? :D
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

I want to support the small businessman as much as possible but, jeez, money's too precious right now for the least little thing to go wrong -- a missing power supply, partial refunds, all that stuff. Even if I just spend $100 I'm going to want everything to do down perfect. I'd venture to guess we all expect that.

A smart businessman would be in touch with this mood and therefore will leave no room for error. I am a little surprised that some haven't caught on.
VK4ADC

Post by VK4ADC »

shaggy_24740 wrote:http://www.vk4adc.com/content/index.php ... &Itemid=50
I haven't seen anyone with so much criticism.
The Guy above is a Justice of the peace in Ausi land.
His feed back went from 18000 down to 17400 so that's 600 sells or transactions that don't have a comment.
If this guy was ever brought to a local court they would put him under the Jail.
They just gave a guy here a year in Jail for tempting the same thing and made a felon out of him , and it was an attempted""he didn't Plum do it""offence, and a first offence at that. Need I say more? :D
Well guys, I just told it how it went. I have nothing personal against Martyn except his method of operation - that is what I take exception to - hence my criticism.

I have an expectation of fairness in dealings and that wasn't what I got from Martyn. That radio could not have worked yet was sold as being in working condition. That legally represents fraud regardless of which country you live in. The fact that he got away with selling dodgy items via eBay for so long is what is surprising.

If you think that I alone criticised Martyn, you should see the number of emails that have arrived since that web page went active. Many of them tell the same type of story. I haven't received any from people who have had acceptable dealings with him - only ones detailing the bad deals and from buyers who wished that they had seen my web page before buying from him.

Would I buy from Martyn again (as per the original topic) ?? Definitely not - and that is simply because I couldn't trust him enough as to the accuracy of his item descriptions to send him any money. Once burnt, twice shy.
KE4WY

Radio-Mart

Post by KE4WY »

I have met Martyn a couple of times and have even been to his home. He has always been very gracious and my dealings with Martyn and Radio-Mart have been 1st class, never an issue, never a problem.

I will continue to do business with him.
shaggy_24740

Re: Radio-Mart

Post by shaggy_24740 »

KE4WY wrote:I have met Martyn a couple of times and have even been to his home. He has always been very gracious and my dealings with Martyn and Radio-Mart have been 1st class, never an issue, never a problem.

I will continue to do business with him.
Maybe then since Radio Mart can't explain it that you might be able too OK?
He had 18000 feed backs when he supposedly left EBAY ie. too much insertion cost too much ramble gamble. And Last I looked Yesterday he had 17400"Somewhere in that range"'.
Does EBAY remove all that feed back that fast when you "don't" sell on there?
The terms says it is based on what you sell, so IMHO it looks like about 600 people just didn't want to fool with the Argument of leaving Bad feed back.
I dare to thing that all those satisfied people would just say nothing causing His ratings to go down. And that was in a short period of time.
So since you and some more on here warship the guy, can you let us in on why EBAY keeps dropping his feedback ratings?
It's not Positive or Negative or Neutral, the ratings Just dropped from 18000 to 17400'' Somewhere in that range, look for yourself.;)
I have a garage full of Ebay Junk that Just came out of the shop, and I'll gladly let it Go for a lot less than I have in it. I offered it here all kinds of Amps, but you have to come and pick them up. I will not ship them. I have tubes too, any kind you want. Come and get them.
I'm not a crook or thief, I want you to see what you're getting.
My feed back was 100% and I left 199% regardless of who I bought off of or what shape it was in.
I figured it was an auction and if I was stupid enough to buy junk, I got what I deserved. Yet Mart tries to connive and deny and Lie, and the entire WWW.COM is full of this guy, I can't see why the Local Police where he lives hasn't set the guy up, and put him under the Jail. Maybe Kentucky Don't have any laws against Perjury, but Wv. does. :D
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
ke4lgl

K4TEC

Post by ke4lgl »

Would buy from again. Got a good deal. tnx Martyn
Mike ke4lgl
w7why

Post by w7why »

I just wonder how many people who voted 'No' actually bought something from him. I think they are just trying to stir the pot, or just don't have anything else in their life to do.

It really seems unreal to me that 38 people have had a bad dealing with this seller seeing that you can read the feedback before buying something. Either they don't read the feedback or are just stupid. 73

Tom W7WHY
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

The survey doesn't stipulate that you had to buy from him. Maybe They DID read the feedback and have developed their opinion from that?

BTW most of the bad feedback on the net is from Ebay deals.

w7why wrote:I just wonder how many people who voted 'No' actually bought something from him. I think they are just trying to stir the pot, or just don't have anything else in their life to do.

It really seems unreal to me that 38 people have had a bad dealing with this seller seeing that you can read the feedback before buying something. Either they don't read the feedback or are just stupid. 73

Tom W7WHY
WW0JD

Doing fine, lately....keep it up!

Post by WW0JD »

It looks as if Martin is doing fine on here, lately, with good feedback and happy customers. I know some claim to have a bone to pick with him, but few actually say what it is. (I mean they don't give any specifics of these bad deals.) It might make one wonder if we have a group of people just waiting and waiting for the day when he will mess up. (or mess up again) I hope he keeps up the positive feedback he is adding up now. If I find something I need and Martin is selling it I will buy from him. Wishing for failure during the midst of success is somehow strange to me. It defeats the purpose of the success in the first place.

My friend K9XR, What do you think :?:
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

That is EXACTLY why this thread needs to end as all other threads about him. He who is perfect , go ahead, write the next comment.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K9XR

Re: Doing fine, lately....keep it up!

Post by K9XR »

N4ATS says it's over, so I guess only he is entitled to his opinion.

WW0JD wrote:It looks as if Martin is doing fine on here, lately, with good feedback and happy customers. I know some claim to have a bone to pick with him, but few actually say what it is. (I mean they don't give any specifics of these bad deals.) It might make one wonder if we have a group of people just waiting and waiting for the day when he will mess up. (or mess up again) I hope he keeps up the positive feedback he is adding up now. If I find something I need and Martin is selling it I will buy from him. Wishing for failure during the midst of success is somehow strange to me. It defeats the purpose of the success in the first place.

My friend K9XR, What do you think :?:
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

its's not an opinion , it's a fact , NO ONE is perfect. There are folks that sit around looking for this kind of crap. Nothing better to do. Move on...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

I guess I better explain it to you. "nobody is perfect is a fact" and I agree.

"This thread needs to end" is an opinion and everybody has one and is entitled to one regardless of what you think.

Let's see tou try to take this one out of context.

N4ATS wrote:its's not an opinion , it's a fact , NO ONE is perfect. There are folks that sit around looking for this kind of crap. Nothing better to do. Move on...
KI4VDX

Martyn Allison- No complaints!

Post by KI4VDX »

Martyn has been fair with me through several trades. He did what he said and I received some very nice equipment. No complaints on this end.
He shipped on time and packaged very well.
KI4VDX
ewalters

Post by ewalters »

Martyn is very quick with shipping. Extremly good with communication, he always replies right away. I have had a couple dealings with him thru Ebay and website and he is very good and have never had a problem with him.
w7why

Post by w7why »

K9XR wrote:The survey doesn't stipulate that you had to buy from him. Maybe They DID read the feedback and have developed their opinion from that?

BTW most of the bad feedback on the net is from Ebay deals.
Then why would they post something here if they never purchased anything from him? Kinda weird to me.

Monkey see-monkey do??
ki3b

Radio Mart

Post by ki3b »

I sold Martyn two IC 706'es I had. He was very prompt in payment and not a issue at all to deal with. I had two other people who were interested in one of the 706'es I had but backed out or didn't pay.

Martyn upon short notice quickly paid for the 2nd 706 even after a week later that I told him it wasn't for sale any longer.

I'd gladly deal with him again.

Joe KI3B :)
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

Way overpriced with inconsistent feedback .Not someone I would trust with my money.
KY4KFC

K4TEC

Post by KY4KFC »

I just did a trade with Martyn and was really pleased . The tuner that I got was exactly as he described and our deal was fair to both of us . It was a pleasure to meet Martyn and he seemed to be a real gentleman .
Dennis KY4KFC