Unusal reply to my wanted add - anyone know "THKDO"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
zl3tv

Unusal reply to my wanted add - anyone know "THKDO"

Post by zl3tv »

Hi all, Graham ZL3TV here. I currently have an add listed, number 894842, for a parts TM742 wanted to buy. I got the following reply -

"On 3/18/2011 1:35 AM, roger THKDO wrote:
> I STILL HAVE IT FOR SALES AND STILL IN GOOD CONDITION AND IF STILL INTERESTED I WILL EMAIL YOU SOME PICS,THANKS"

I have not yet replied in case it may be a scam of some sort. I have not had previous contact with this person so I do not know what it is that he "still" has for sale. I can't find any hits for THKDO on this site and the ones I find via Google are for Sempai Karate.

Has anyone traded with or know who this person may be? Their slight grammatical errors set off a small alarm in my head and before replying wanted to get feedback from other members.

His email address is r.mikander@gmail.com and it looks like his first name is Roger

Many thanks all!
73 de Graham ZL3TV
Christchurch
New Zealand
K4ICL

Here is some Googled info on the subject.

Post by K4ICL »

Control Room
Studio Hardware => Computers and Internet => Topic started by: Odrörir written 03/14/2011, 15:53:02

Title: Spoofs on Vend
Written by: Odrörir written 14/03/2011, 15:53:02
Put an ad on a cheap thing, a foot in the purchase and in sthlm. The day after saw an answer but was startled to direct when it was gmail. For those who do not know it's gmail and yahoo email as all rogues use. In all cases, opened the reply and got the following response. Very funny that he claims to be Swedish but respond in English. Jo serve alone that he is Svenne. : Rolleyes:

Good day, my name is Roger from Sweden But resid in Spain Madrid, I Have it and still in good working condition and in perfect order. Good price isaccepted, if You are interested in buying from me. Letme know your price aswell as the contact your shipping address for shipping to your home. Iwill need your email address so That i can forward youpictures anddetails + price once to hear from you. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.Best Regards C / Camilo Castilla n º 5 -1 º izq. CP 31591Corella (Navarra) Spain, Spain best regardMr Roger Mikander r.mikander @ gmail.com
zl3tv

Re: Here is some Googled info on the subject.

Post by zl3tv »

Al, thanks heaps for the heads up - just the sort of helpful reply I was hoping for and glad you were able to show me reason to steer clear of the sender of the email. You're a champion!

Best 73
Graham ZL3TV

K4ICL wrote:Control Room
Studio Hardware => Computers and Internet => Topic started by: Odrörir written 03/14/2011, 15:53:02

Title: Spoofs on Vend
Written by: Odrörir written 14/03/2011, 15:53:02
Put an ad on a cheap thing, a foot in the purchase and in sthlm. The day after saw an answer but was startled to direct when it was gmail. For those who do not know it's gmail and yahoo email as all rogues use. In all cases, opened the reply and got the following response. Very funny that he claims to be Swedish but respond in English. Jo serve alone that he is Svenne. : Rolleyes:

Good day, my name is Roger from Sweden But resid in Spain Madrid, I Have it and still in good working condition and in perfect order. Good price isaccepted, if You are interested in buying from me. Letme know your price aswell as the contact your shipping address for shipping to your home. Iwill need your email address so That i can forward youpictures anddetails + price once to hear from you. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.Best Regards C / Camilo Castilla n º 5 -1 º izq. CP 31591Corella (Navarra) Spain, Spain best regardMr Roger Mikander r.mikander @ gmail.com
73 de Graham ZL3TV
Christchurch
New Zealand
kv4d

Post by kv4d »

he responded to my ad for an icom-7000 for parts. i think i will have fun with this guy.......hmmm i wonder if his icom is the, special limited rare hard to find one with the echo, talkback, and roger beep board installed in it. if it is i just got to have it.....LOL oh yeah with the extra amplifier built in so it will do 1000 watts...LOL i will let you know what he says
KV4D
kv4d

Post by kv4d »

man this guy is fast...here is his reply.
Thanks for your Email and yes it is super rare ones that has the echo, talkback, and roger beep board installed from the factory,how much can you offer+ shipping? thanks and your address to process thanks

LOL....i think this eliminates a legit deal,,ha now for more fun.[/img]
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Does not meet my own criteria for a safe transaction:

1. No amateur radio callsign :shock:

2. Uses free webmail email address. (ie. @gmail, @hotmail, @yahoo, etc) :shock:

That's just me though.... :D
kv4d

Post by kv4d »

N6VMO wrote:Does not meet my own criteria for a safe transaction:

1. No amateur radio callsign :shock:

2. Uses free webmail email address. (ie. @gmail, @hotmail, @yahoo, etc) :shock:

That's just me though.... :D

i agree 100% here are more hints.
1 also no paypal for payment, western union only. (no buyer protection)
2 copy and paste in subject line
3 I Have it and still in good working condition and in perfect order or have part or parts in stock.
watch these thieves guys. when i place a want ad i get at least 10 from these deadbeats. be careful