ICE radio products - wouldn't purchase from

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kf7lue

ICE radio products - wouldn't purchase from

Post by kf7lue »

Ordered a line conditioner around the end of February, they charge card a few days later but no shipment. Their website says that charge isn't made until item is shipped. Email send and called by phone several times, no response. It appears that they are out of business from what I've heard from another ham. Whatever is happening its fraud, going to report it to state attorney general and bbb. 73, Mike
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Dear Mike, I don't know how all banks work, but mine can get the money back when things like this happen. After a dispute process, which involves filling out a form and waiting maybe a week. I only post this information because I don't think many people are aware that their banks have the capapibilties to fight for their clients in instances of fraud.
kf7lue

Bank process

Post by kf7lue »

larrylanberg wrote:Dear Mike, I don't know how all banks work, but mine can get the money back when things like this happen. After a dispute process, which involves filling out a form and waiting maybe a week. I only post this information because I don't think many people are aware that their banks have the capapibilties to fight for their clients in instances of fraud.
Thanks Larry. Going through that process now. How unfortunate if ICE is out of business as I've heard positive things about their products. Wanted to let others know before they attempt to order through their website, if it is still up. 73, best - Mike
wa8mea

IMPORTANT!

Post by wa8mea »

Owner of Industrial Communication Engineers Mike Koss, W9SU (SK)
Mike Koss, W9SU, of Indianapolis, Indiana, passed away Monday, March 28. He was 57. According to his friend Brian Smith, W9IND, Koss was found on his workshop floor and paramedics were unable to revive him. Industrial Communication Engineers (ICE) is well known in the amateur community for surge protectors, line filters, RF switches and more.

“Besides being the heart and soul of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Amateur Radio Club, Mike was also the proprietor of ICE,” Smith told the ARRL. “He also owned, designed and maintained one of the best Amateur Radio stations in the Midwest -- the one responsible for cranking out the big signals of Indy 500 Special Event Station W9IMS. Mike was also the driving force behind Special Event Station W87PAX, which commemorated the 1987 Pan American Games in Indianapolis. The station logged more than 23,000 QSOs.”

Koss was also an accomplished DXer, with 326 confirmed entities. Smith called him a “first-rate contester,” saying that his 10 meter CQWW record for the 9th Call Area, set in 1989, remains unequalled.

Smith told the ARRL that Koss was also extremely involved in public service activities: "Just last year, Mike spearheaded a volunteer project that cleaned up and repainted the USS Indianapolis Memorial in downtown Indianapolis, just in time for the survivors’ reunion. The ship was torpedoed in 1945, and only 317 of the original 1196 crew members survived the sinking and subsequent shark attacks, exposure, extreme thirst and other problems associated with spending nearly five days in the Pacific Ocean.”

On March 31, ICE released the following statement concerning the company: "Industrial Communication Engineers (ICE), Ltd, its employees and the Indianapolis Amateur Radio community mourn the passing of company founder Mike Koss, W9SU, on March 28, 2011. Due to Mike’s sudden and unexpected death, ICE has temporarily suspended accepting new orders. We are in the process of reorganizing the company, as well as identifying and fulfilling current open orders and products returned for repair. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period.