POSTAL MONEY ORDERS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
GALAXY67

POSTAL MONEY ORDERS

Post by GALAXY67 »

I'll hope scott lets this be posted here,I was told the other day,a new round of counterfeit postal money orders has hit the streets,really nothing is 100% anymore,Money orders,Pay Pal,checks,etc,if you do get a postal money order,especially a large one,just don't let it sit there and ship the merchandise,be sure you cash it first and have money in hand.

BOB WN8BOB
N2PET

Postal money Orders

Post by N2PET »

Absolutely right!!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Make sure the Money order is legitimate then cash it. If not you could be paying back who ever cashed it. The Post office and Bank are best at regonizing if it is a fraudulent M.O. or not.
Larry Huff K0pd
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Yep , thats why PERSONAL Checks are ALL I take, when it clears , no turning back like Bank Checks and P.O.s. They can come get the funds back. Personal checks are 100% safer , clear or no clear and if you "ask" when you deposit it for "available funds" , they usually can tell you with one phone call.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com