Every seller should read this..BEWARE!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wp3bc

Every seller should read this..BEWARE!!!!

Post by wp3bc »

Hi i just run thru this problem this past 2 days.a supposedly buyer email me saying he want to buy a radio from me.he also say he will mail a check to pay for the radio.later he email me back saying that he's company by mistake mail a check to me for the amount of $3500.when i only asking $985 dollars for the radio.He want me to deposit the check and then give him the rest of the money.whats wrong with this? The problem is that if you deposit the money in your bank account by the time the bank process the deposit probably you already mail the different of the money he pay you and also the item.This scamers always use a po box address never a fisical.i attach a copy of the emails sellers beware.

Hi Do you think i born yesterday!!! .this definely sounds too good to be true.To me this is a scam nobody is going to mail a check for $3500 when the item only cost $900.let me tell you that this will not work on me pal.nice try.!!!!!

--- On Thu, 2/24/11, Benard Sand <benard> wrote:

Subject: Re: PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
To: "edgar ayala" <wp3bc>
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 12:17 PM

I want you to know that the check was sent to you by the company i work with last. The cashier made a mistake when issuing the check in your name, she went and issue all the amount the company owe me to you and when i told her about this she said it can be corrected cause the company can only issue a check at a go, i am urging you now to kindly take the check to your bank, deposit it and send the remaining balance to my store keeper using the information i sent to you in my last email to you. Waiting to read from you once you have deposited the check.

--- On Wed, 2/23/11, edgar ayala <wp3bc> wrote:

Subject: Re: PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
To: "Benard Sand" <benard>
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 7:58 PM

Sorry but no!! .send me a check with the right amount and then we make a deal thanks

--- On Wed, 2/23/11, Benard Sand <benard> wrote:

Subject: PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 1:23 PM

Hello I will like to tell you that i have forwarded your full name and address to my cashier that will send you the check and the cashier told me that the amount he has mistaken prepared was $3500 check for you which is not up to the amount we both agreed on. So here is the deal. My cashier will send you the check of $3500 through USPS regular mail which should deliver to you tomorrow. As soon as the check get to you, You are to deposit the check in your Bank and which will clear your bank within 2-3days of depositing. You are to deduct the amount that we both agreed on and get the remaining balance sent to my store keeper through western union or money gram. Let me know if you will be willing to do that so that we can proceed.
Thanks

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, edgar ayala <wp3bc> wrote:

Subject: Re: $985,oboyaesu ft-990 with md-1 base mic+speaker
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 7:58 PM

Hi Benard this is my address below,let me know when you mail the payment thanks

edgardo ayala
3521 palm rd
lakeland fl 33810

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, Benard Sand <benard> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 1:44 PM

Thanks for the mail am OK with price please can you give the full name and address to write the check to you.

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, edgar ayala <wp3bc> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 12:01 PM

this radio is in ver very nice condition, the best i can do is $965 shipped with insurance let me know if you wan it so i can marked as sold thanks

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, Benard Sand <benard> wrote:

Subject: $985,oboyaesu ft-990 with md-1 base mic+speaker
To: wp3bc@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 6:47 AM

Dear,
seller am interested in buying your items,i saw the advert placed on the website,please can you let me know the last price you want to sell it,kindly get back to me.
Edgar A
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

The "Dear Seller" should of been a dead give away that this guy was a no good two bit scum bucket lying foul smelling stinking scam artist piece of cow trash!
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Hey Edgar i have to admit the scammer almost sounded legit Hi Hi. Glad he or she or it could'nt pull it off against you. Should have told them that you had one of your cars for sale and seen if they bit, how big a CK they would have tried to scam you with.. 73 Larry K0pd
Larry Huff K0pd
wp3bc

Hi guys thanks for reply

Post by wp3bc »

Yes this guy put up a good scam.i hope he dont get any body else before or after me.they are in craigslist and ebay doing this is sad to see the they are in here now.thanks
Edgar A
WB8JBG

Post by WB8JBG »

This scam has been going on for sometime now. I have received 2 emails just like the one you received. Sorry to say some poor person out there will fall for it. Ithink another scammer is ID by the Email Webuser@kona.eham.net. Every item I have put on Eham net or QTH this person has contacted me wanting to buy it. I have blocked them from my email and it just goes into my spam folder. If this is a legitimate request I aplogize.
na6m

Scammers

Post by na6m »

This email comes from eHam when a buyer responds to an ad. It is important that anyone receiving scam traffic forward the email to the classifieds master so the offending account can be blocked. The scammer has to be signed in to reply to an ad.

73 de na6m

WB8JBG wrote:This scam has been going on for sometime now. I have received 2 emails just like the one you received. Sorry to say some poor person out there will fall for it. Ithink another scammer is ID by the Email Webuser@kona.eham.net. Every item I have put on Eham net or QTH this person has contacted me wanting to buy it. I have blocked them from my email and it just goes into my spam folder. If this is a legitimate request I aplogize.