K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WG2A

Martyn not a crook? Yeah...right!!

Post by WG2A »

7 years ago, I bought an SX-42 from radiomart, smoked as soon as I plugged it in. He said in the ad, he had owned it for a while, was all original & worked very nice. LIAR!! Not only did it not work, it had been repainted, definately NOT original. I got it working after a few months, worked fine then. Used it for about 4 years, resold it on ebay....sure enough, guess who bids on it? Martyn, wins it, promptly pays. Two weeks later it shows back up on ebay with him claiming he had owned it for quite a while and worked great, no backlash on the main tuning knob......LIAR!!!!!!! I EASILY recognized my radio & know for a fact the knob had considerable backlash!!!!!!!! I'll never do business with him again, sure he sells a lot of good equipment...but why take a chance when we can see he shafts people now and again. LIAR!!!!!!!!
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Thankl you for that ref on the Hallicrafters
How about The several hours I spent fixing the backlash on the tuning, how about the rig worked fine when first sold, it was a 55 year old rig right, and was fine with me, how about the new owner purchased it and was happy as the rig worked well and had no backlash on the tuning.
How about I possibly used a template from a previous listing? I dont know if I did but I often used to.
I am sad that you seem to think I am a liar,, I am sorry I do not agree, and 18,000 others seem to agree with me on that one.
I am not going to respond further as I cant see this going anywhere?
I appreciate the free advertising this has given my new web site www.radio-mart.net and thank you all for that.
73s
NM7L

Post by NM7L »

All the positive eBay feedback plus a dollar can buy you a small cup of coffee at your favorite convenience mart, but you gotta pay the tax!
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
W8UAB

Radio_Mart must have asked for and received permission...

Post by W8UAB »

Radio_Mart must have asked for and received permission...

From the classified terms of use page:

The QTH.COM Classifieds system is available for non-commercial use only, unless prior permission is granted. Commercial is defined as anyone that manufactures or purchases a new product and offers that product for sale at a profit, or offers a pay-for service. If you meet this criteria, you should contact KA9FOX to receive permission to advertise, before placing an ad.
WG2A

Post by WG2A »

You fixed the backlash?????? HA!!!! Not likely!!!!! If you did, you would have said so!!! Instead, you LIED about having owned it for years BOTH TIMES. LIAR!!!!! It was my radio pictured there, I recognized the chassis corrosion, not to mention YOUR LYING "ORIGINAL" PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NM7L

Re: Radio_Mart must have asked for and received permission..

Post by NM7L »

W8UAB wrote:The QTH.COM Classifieds system is available for non-commercial use only, unless prior permission is granted. Commercial is defined as anyone that manufactures or purchases a new product and offers that product for sale at a profit, or offers a pay-for service. If you meet this criteria, you should contact KA9FOX to receive permission to advertise, before placing an ad.
I don't believe anything sold there could be construed (or, misconstrued) as "new".
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
k2xt

Re: K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Post by k2xt »

If anyone is trying to understand why someone who used to do a lot of business on ebay would suddenly stop and switch to their own web site or qth.com consider the following scenario -
Say you tried to buy items on ebay for resale, to make a buck. So you had to pay a fairly high price, even if you bought mid week when the high bidders were not online. You have to pay the shipping costs which these days are astronomical. Then you took those items and stripped out any accessories such as filters and then described the item as pristine in hopes of drawing in bidders who will pay up. Then say you found the best way to get the suckers bidding was to get in there with them and try to stir up some enthusiasm. This is done all the time at live auctions, part of the game. But sometimes things don't go your way, and you end up buying your own item. Now this prevents you from selling too low and possibly taking a loss. But....... now ebay wants to collect its 9% ! Wow, that smarts! So what do you do, pay ebay, or claim the bidder is a non-paying scumbag. ebay isn't going to put up with that long as they can readily see your shill identities. Suddenly ebay comes along and on April 17 is going to raise their fees again by charging their commission on the shipping costs, too!
This could definitely ruin an otherwise profitable business plan.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I hear ya K2XT, eBau jas just increased their charges again and will be raising them again in June and I believe August, I am far happier selling less and enjoying myself far more than I have in a very long time.

I do want to stress that I have not shill bid despite so many accusations of doing so, I have always been more than satisfied with the prices I achieved for my products as they were and I guess that because so many overseas buyers beat the home community that it was easy to point the finger and shout "shill bidding" well like I have said in the past I have no problem supplying a bidder the bid history of an item that has to knock that suggestion on the head.

eBay did not close any of my accounts as you can see I did some eBay business only this past week.

As far as stripping out filters, hey, everyone else does and so do I,, no secret there.

9% eBay, 3% PayPal then hosting fees, shipping in to and out of,, cost of components and time, now do you get the idea why I have set up my own ecommerce web site, oh and thank you to the many who have commented on it, I really appreciate that.
Well 73s, Martyn K4TEC
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Oh My, what an angry fellow you are Charles, I am not going to go in to a long winded explanation as it is clear that you fail to listen to a single word I say and only seem to repeat yourself, in fact it’s almost sad.
Now let me turn the tables slightly, the radio I purchased from you, you seemed very happy to take my money, I paid you more than anyone else was willing to and I don’t remember you mentioning any faults the receiver had?
I do remember fixing two receivers with backlash and I fixed several capacitors along with other repairs and replacement tubes etc,, you see I actually work for my money, anyway Charkes what I think is eating you up is the fact I sold the radio at a profit, you know, the same as HRO, AES, Universal etc do,, it’s what we choose to do for a living and I dont think you like it? well sorry you will have to get over that, now let me end by putting it this way, I sold the radio restored and the buyer was very happy and fully satisfied with his purchase, now as far as I am concerned you should be happy i paid you more than anyone else for your old mis-described receiver and didn’t complain and I repaired it and turned it around for a profit.
So like I said, the only issue I can think of you having is the jealousy of the fact I made a profit? as I cannot see any other gripe you can possibly have.
Now Charles I have finished addressing you for good.
K9XR

REALLY???

Post by K9XR »

Really? How would we know that you did some ebay business last week?

I think most thought your accounts may nave been suspended. not closed.

"eBay did not close any of my accounts as you can see I did some eBay business only this past week."
Last edited by K9XR on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Re: REALLY???

Post by K4TEC »

K9XR wrote:Really? How would wee know that you did some ebay business last week?

"eBay did not close any of my accounts as you can see I did some eBay business only this past week."
Mr Albert Brooks again, now theres a surprise, if you go to my account and look you will see, wow thats a simple answer.

You never did answer my question, where did you get that beautiful map from?

73s
K9XR

Re: REALLY???

Post by K9XR »

I got the map from a friend (K9KU) who made it. Thank You for your comment.

Ebay must have screwed up. There are no transactions for ilove2cell or radio-mart for at least 15 days.

K4TEC wrote:
K9XR wrote:Really? How would wee know that you did some ebay business last week?

Mr Albert Brooks again, now theres a surprise, if you go to my account and look you will see, wow thats a simple answer.

You never did answer my question, where did you get that beautiful map from?

73s
W8UAB

Post by W8UAB »

Here is an auction running right now on Ebay. The seller seems to have had a bad experience with Radio-Mart:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dentron-DTR-1200-HF ... 2562537ed1

Dentron-DTR-1200-HF-Amplifier-10m-PARTS-REPAIR

Sold to radio-mart, AKA Martyn Allison, AKA Martin Alison, who keep the AMP for a MONTH, then claimed not as describe.
- - Returned amp in horrid condition – Single box, no protection – terrible packing
REFUSED TO RETURN - - CD, SILVER DOLLAR AND MANUAL
** KNOW ISSUES * * Rack handle bent – Rattles, (TUBE?) Glass pieces in box - METER POINTER BROKEN , Bare spot on top of case.
** MAYBE AN EASY FIX ** MAY NOT BE ** I RECOMMEND A THROUGH CHECK OUT BEFORE APPLYING POWER.
DTR-1200 with enhanced cooling: Full output About 700 Watts: 2x572B tubes - - Pre radio-mart
See - http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5711 for what users think of this AMP.
Tuned input works well with solid state rigs, as-is no external interface required. - - Did before Radio-Mart
Works better than Dentron designed it with the modified air flow - - top stays cool - - - see eham or ask.
TESTED FULL OUTPUT INTO DL2K DUMMY LOAD - INCLUDING 10 METERS PRE RADIO-MART
1-Tube broke, 1- de-soldered, both appear deliberate damage.
Cap removed in rectifier circuit
If I was able I would dissemble and do a compile restoration using modern components.
If you are not comfortable with troubleshooting and repairing amps you may wish to pass on this project.
ONE GOOD SOURCE FOR PARTS:
http://www.harbachelectronics.com/
SAD DAY WHEN SOMEONE DELIBERATELY DESTROYS GOOD EQUIPMENT
Last edited by W8UAB on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WG2A

Marty the liar!!!!!

Post by WG2A »

I couldn't care less if you sold it for a profit you ABSOLUTE LOSER!!!!! The fact remains, that in both of your responses you fail to address how you LIED about ownership! Both times you said you had owned the radio for quite a while....BLATENT LIE!!!!!!! You fixed it??????? Judging by my experiance as well as many others, you are as much a crook as has been expressed here numerous times!!!!!!!!
I am selling off the estate of a good friend of mine, when I first met him, he showed me an R-390A that has a large tag on it that says Radiomart. I laughed when I saw it, he told me he keeps it around to remind himself NOT to buy from you ever again, you screwed him too you !@#$%
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Why does not some one start a poll and ask if they would buy from Radio Mart yes or no, or you could ask a third or fourth choice such as maybe or never..
Larry Huff K0pd
K4ICL

You can do that...

Post by K4ICL »

Mr. Huff, you can do that if you would like.

AL
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Quote from above post : . Then say you found the best way to get the suckers bidding was to get in there with them and try to stir up some enthusiasm. This is done all the time at live auctions, part of the game. But sometimes things don't go your way, and you end up buying your own item. Now this prevents you from selling too low and possibly taking a loss. But....... now ebay wants to collect its 9% ! Wow, that smarts! So what do you do, pay ebay, or claim the bidder is a non-paying scumbag. ebay isn't going to put up with that long as they can readily see your shill identities.

You don't need to claim a "non paying bidder" to ebay, you just do a "mutual cancellation" and pay nothing.
kg8lb

Easier to buy from RadioMart than Barkingdog !

Post by kg8lb »

One thing for sure,
It is one thing to buy from a person who that is very open with identity than one hiding behind a screen name.
After all, Martyn provides his ID , his call sign . We all know who he is along with the tales of woe and reports of good conduct.
On the other hand we have a few detractors who hide behind a screen name one of them at least insists he has a call sign. Come on shaggydog, you won't even give up your "call sign" , you show up here with a CB handle type name and demand that I tell you my eBay screen name. Still no call sign , let alone the eBay name you operated under ?

Tossing stones from a glass house, shaggydog ?

Yep, I would buy from Martyn right here on QTH long before I would trust an unknown, indentity concealer.
OK, So where are the filters now ?
K9XR

Re: Easier to buy from RadioMart than Barkingdog !

Post by K9XR »

His call is KC8GBF. He has given it in other threads.

kg8lb wrote:One thing for sure,
It is one thing to buy from a person who that is very open with identity than one hiding behind a screen name.
After all, Martyn provides his ID , his call sign . We all know who he is along with the tales of woe and reports of good conduct.
On the other hand we have a few detractors who hide behind a screen name one of them at least insists he has a call sign. Come on shaggydog, you won't even give up your "call sign" , you show up here with a CB handle type name and demand that I tell you my eBay screen name. Still no call sign , let alone the eBay name you operated under ?

Yep, I would buy from Martyn right here on QTH long before I would trust an unknown, indentity concealer.
kg8lb

Re: Easier to buy from RadioMart than Barkingdog !

Post by kg8lb »

K9XR wrote:His call is KC8GBF. He has given it in other threads.

kg8lb wrote:One thing for sure,

FB, Thanks for the info.
I have not had the time nor inclination to search ALL of his writings in search of the call sign counterpart to the CB sounding "handle" that he uses as an ID. Finding an interpreter of those writings would be another issue.
Still, he has yet to "give up" his EBay tag . He has pretty much demanded that of others however.
In my experience, I have had far more favorable,timely and coherent responses from Martyn .
OK, So where are the filters now ?
K9XR

Re: Radio Mart, great dealer

Post by K9XR »

Wow that's pretty impressive since he has only been in business for about 12 years.
KK7AZ wrote:I have been dealing with Radio Mart for 15 yrs with no complaints. II have never met or had a personal realationship with him, just great service. He has a 99% pos rating on 18,000 sales, as Scott once said about him "sounds like pretty good service" I could be wrong, sounds like a bunch of people giving him a million dollars of free publicity. Get a life. 73's
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

If this isn't a threat, I don't know what else it could be. . Did you do that to everyone you have dealt with? I just love you self-righteous folks who try to tell everyone how to run their lives. What phonies you are!

W4LTD wrote:With all due respect to anyone who may have been "misled" by Martyn Allison... :x

I purchased a Collins SM-3 from him, about 3 years ago, but I called him first to discuss the [actual] condition of this microphone. He understood fully that due to my profession as a US Postal Inspector (now former), there may be harsh ramifications if this transaction did not complete itself in all honesty as discussed via the telephone. He personally guaranteed me that this Collins SM-3 was indeed in "CCA Very Good" condition.

Just a thought.... :idea:
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

AL if thats not a threat to do business on the up an up or else then i fail in comprehensioness.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

The thing I just don't understand is why W4LTD is so strong in his support of Martyn even though he admitted he had to threaten him to assure a fair deal. He must have a very short memory span and that is why I had to remind him what he had written. It just doesn't make sense, does it?

k0pd wrote:AL if thats not a threat to do business on the up an up or else then i fail in comprehensioness.
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Call it a threat if you prefer, I really do not give a damn. I too believed all the crap that was being said of Martyn / Radio-Mart, but after my transaction with Martyn, I realized he was an honorable seller. I was not too stubborn to change my thoughts as some people seem to be in this forum. If you want to attest the "positive" transaction as having been coerced, then so be it.

Have any of the naysayers even had a transaction with K4TEC?

I don't have any connections with Radio Mart, other than a few good transactions - but I just cannot understand why certain people must always "gang up" on people when they could better serve themselves by minding their own business and not looking like an ignorant fool in the end.

coerced - past participle, past tense of co·erce (Verb)
1. Persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.

Sincerely,