K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

The way I see it is its free advertising :D

I am pleased I am not the one to have brought this to public attention, one I did however bring back to life was this one.

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=10051

This is the side of my business you dont see and this happens currently once every 2 weeks,, another one just happened Monday with a TS-870

Got to love eBay[/url]
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Who are you kidding, Martyn? Yourself maybe. Your stuff just ain't selling.
k8tj

Martin, K4TEC, GOOD GUY

Post by k8tj »

I have known and dealt with Martin MANY times over the years through eBay. He has bought from me and I have bought from him. We have a good relationship and he is a straight shooter. Martin has always been great about making things right with his customers. He moved off of eBay because of their constant price increases as well as Paypal's fee increase. He was NEVER banned from eBay. The guy is just simply trying to make a living and the last thing he want's to do is piss off a customer. He's been around a LONG time selling used ham gear as have I. If you folks purchase something that isn't right ALL you have to do is email us or call us and we'll make it right. But name calling and bad mouthing a seller because your radio had a small scratch that wasn't revealed is nonsense. If you want perfect equipment, BUY NEW!
--
Tim, K8TJ
K8TJ at COMCAST dot NET
"CW FOREVER"
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

All this bitchin' & bellyachin' about Martyn has done one thing:

It's made me sympathetic for him!

N9LCD[/i]
w3qe

Re: Martin, K4TEC, GOOD GUY

Post by w3qe »

k8tj wrote:I have known and dealt with Martin MANY times over the years through eBay. He has bought from me and I have bought from him. We have a good relationship and he is a straight shooter. Martin has always been great about making things right with his customers. He moved off of eBay because of their constant price increases as well as Paypal's fee increase. He was NEVER banned from eBay. The guy is just simply trying to make a living and the last thing he want's to do is piss off a customer. He's been around a LONG time selling used ham gear as have I. If you folks purchase something that isn't right ALL you have to do is email us or call us and we'll make it right. But name calling and bad mouthing a seller because your radio had a small scratch that wasn't revealed is nonsense. If you want perfect equipment, BUY NEW!
--
Tim, K8TJ
K8TJ at COMCAST dot NET
"CW FOREVER"

AMEN---never did ham sales for a living but used to horse trade until I tired of the sniffling cry babies wanting something for nothing playing the pauper yet wanting mint new flawless items at very used prices. Anyone making a living dealing with hams deserves a medallion hung around their neck.

Curt/w3qe
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I's take a barrel of George Stagg instead of a medal any day!

N9LCD

:D
Donndon

RADIO MARTINC OUT OF BIZZ TAKEN OFF KY SITE THIS AM 03-04-12

Post by Donndon »

thanks
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birddog01

Post by birddog01 »

Don I can not believe you are pointing the figer at anyone!!!
By the way where is my ts-b2000 and remote or my 1060 dollars??
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index ... 388.0.html

Hey Martyn, now would be a great time to show everyone what a "stand up" guy you really are and make things right with this fellow ham !
Donndon

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,81388.0.ht

Post by Donndon »

thanks
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

WB6VHK wrote:http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index ... 388.0.html

Hey Martyn, now would be a great time to show everyone what a "stand up" guy you really are and make things right with this fellow ham !
Hi Darryl, there you go poking your nose in it again and talking about a deal you know only one half of a story, How about you post this on eHam for me... here is my response..

""I sold a perfectly good working IC-7000 to a Russian, he claimed the internal speaker was not good, he wanted $350 off the price or he would make trouble, he also asked I put a low value on the customs form to avoid as much tax, so I said just return it and pointed out our return policy (this is after he had it 3 months and I offered him $100 off the price so he can go get a $10 speaker)

So today he writes on eHam a bunch of one sided garbage about how I ripped him off,

Our return policy is very simple
“We offer a no quibble 5 STAR Return policy. If an item is not as expected when delivered then please email me to arrange its return within 48 hours of receipt. We do not refund shipping charges unless otherwise agreed on.
Any item that is found to be faulty after receipt and has no mention of it having a warrantee when purchased is not covered by any return policy and sold as such and considered non returnable
"

Post that Darryl

Comments?
K4TEC

Re: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,81388.

Post by K4TEC »

Donndon wrote:MARTYN,
LETS SEE YOU SMOOTH TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS ONE SEE ABOVE LINK FOR DETAILS IF YOU HAVE FORGOT
Don how about you go and give back the $12,000 that you owe 7 poor unfortunate hams who you have taken money from and failed to supply equipment to.
Anyone doing a google search on you Don will see all the complaints and you post on here? your are something else Don you really are, I am so lucky to have received some equipment from you even though not everthing inlike the many you have simply just scammed.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Martyn:

There are always two ( maybe more ) sides to every story...The problem with you is that so many overseas hams seem to say the exact same thing in their dealings with you. ( item not nearly as described, not working, ect... )

You know FULL WELL how much they have to pay for shipping so you conveniently say " send it back at your expense" for a refund. From what I have read most just bite the bullet and keep the equipment.

As I said Martyn, now would be a great time to show everyone here on Eham ( and the whole world what a swell guy you really are and make it right with this fellow ham who trusted you from halfway around the world. Why is it ALWAYS the other guys fault when a deal goes sour with you ? In my opinion its not too professional. ( you want to be seen as a professional business right ? )
Donndon

LOOK MARTYN UP

Post by Donndon »

thanks
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

WB6VHK wrote:Martyn:

There are always two ( maybe more ) sides to every story...The problem with you is that so many overseas hams seem to say the exact same thing in their dealings with you. ( item not nearly as described, not working, ect... )

You know FULL WELL how much they have to pay for shipping so you conveniently say " send it back at your expense" for a refund. From what I have read most just bite the bullet and keep the equipment.

As I said Martyn, now would be a great time to show everyone here on Eham ( and the whole world what a swell guy you really are and make it right with this fellow ham who trusted you from halfway around the world. Why is it ALWAYS the other guys fault when a deal goes sour with you ? In my opinion its not too professional. ( you want to be seen as a professional business right ? )
And as you well know, no one is forcing an overseas customer to buy from my company right? knowing full well that if something supplied may not be as expected as after all, this is the internet and people buy blind each time they place an order with not only me but eBay, QTH, QRZ etc, so get off my case and realise I gave him a full refund for the product after 3 months which is more than I dare say you or most others would do and thats after I offered him $100 towards getting a speaker only to find now it is back here it was a trapped wire and the radio has been resold.
So did you post my side of the story on eham or are you just nit picking at me here and sticking your nose it it again?
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Martyn:

1) You sure seem to be good at "sticking your nose" in other peoples business on qth.com ...

2) Are you saying you just gave this ham a FULL REFUND and resold the radio already ?

Is this the way a professional business conducts itself ?
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

WB6VHK wrote:Martyn:

1) You sure seem to be good at "sticking your nose" in other peoples business on qth.com ...

2) Are you saying you just gave this ham a FULL REFUND and resold the radio already ?

Is this the way a professional business conducts itself ?
Umm you missed the point
1. I believe in trying to help people if they have been scammed by passing on my experiance and methods of getting a refund etc, ok I guess thats sticking my nose in it in a constructive way, and you?

2. I gave him a refund less shipping like our terms and conditions show and that was after 3 MONTHS.

3. umm am I not supposed to resell the radio? hellooo I am a business, after full testing and replacement of the trapped speaker cable heck yes I resold it.

There is your answer.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Quote from above text :
And as you well know, no one is forcing an overseas customer to buy from my company right? knowing full well that if something supplied may not be as expected as after all, this is the internet and people buy blind each time they place an order with not only me but eBay, QTH, QRZ
This seems to be your standard answer for overseas customers. "no one is forcing them ".....

If the radio was missing the front feet and the chrome bail and was all scratched up why not just advertise it as such ? Seems to me like you would save yourself ( and the buyer ) a whole lot of grief and aggravation ? especially when selling to a fellow ham halfway around the world when you know how much the shipping is going to cost ?

And then it seems that it is ALWAYS the buyers fault when there is a problem with radio-mart ?

One only has to read your "feedback left for others" page on ebay to see that out around 275 transactions in the last year you have left NASTY NEGATIVE feedback for other sellers 15 times. You use words such as "BEWARE" "NASTY" etc... And the funny thing is it seems these sellers NEVER had a problem selling to others on ebay UNTIL they sold something to you ...???
( don't take my word for it, go look for yourself )

You want to be seen so badly as a "professional" business but write things like this about others ? In reading your "feedback left for others" I noticed you complained about something you purchased that was "not as described" and were out 40.00 for shipping . Now how do you think this fellow ham in Russia feels when he is out 200.00 ? It is not fair to him and not a professional way to do business Martyn and you know it.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

And once again Darryl, what business is it of yours?

And on eBay if some one sends me something not working and not as described then heck yes I will leave a negative as fast as some who left me negatives in the past if they make no attempt to right any wrong doing.

I am not trying to portray myself as being a professional business, we are a professional business.

Darryl you have been on my case for years now, congrats, I am pleased you have time to keep interfering with other peoples business
73s
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

To quote from your above post :
1. I believe in trying to help people if they have been scammed by passing on my experiance and methods of getting a refund etc, ok I guess thats sticking my nose in it in a constructive way

I am not trying to portray myself as being a professional business, we are a professional business.

Darryl you have been on my case for years now, congrats, I am pleased you have time to keep interfering with other peoples business
Sorry Martyn, I must disagree with you. Professional businesses DO NOT treat people the way you do.
Donndon

COMEBACK TO MARTYN

Post by Donndon »

thanks
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

quote from donndon ( above post )

HE IS NOT A LICENCED BIZ LOOK HIS COMPANY NAME UP ON ky WEB SITE THERE IS NO LISTING OF A BIZ FOR radio mart ONLY rADIO MART, INC (HIS BIZ BEFORE THEY CANCELED FOR NOT PAYING HIS TAXES)

Radio-mart IS a business, just not a corporation ( and is listed with the Kentucky BBB ) . It is one thing to take someones money and send them something "not as advertised" It is quite another to take someones money and never send them anything at all. Maybe you might take some time to explain ?
WA9YBW

Good Transaction

Post by WA9YBW »

I would do business with Martyn again.

I just purchased severl items from Martyn and all was as expected except one item.

I contacted him, he replaced it, reimbursed me for the shipping and reduced the price as the replacement was not as clean as original item.

Martyn was in constant contact with me and was easy to work with.
Donndon

martyn we can only hope

Post by Donndon »

thanks