K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

And the Mystery deepens. Stayed tuned for the next exciting chapter of who's fooling who..Will the Mysterious E bay item number appear will KD6SBR who has disappeared from all this reappear, watch for the exciting chapters to this intriging mystery. Part of this has been edited and removed per request.
Last edited by lhk0pd on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Huff K0pd
NM7L

Post by NM7L »

k0pd wrote:And the Mystery deepens. Stayed tuned for the next exciting chapter of who's fooling who..Will the Mysterious E bay item number appear will KD6SBR who has disappeared from all this reappear, is the safe a fake picture watch for the exciting chapters to this intriging mystery.
For the answer to this and other hair-raising posers tune in again:
Same Bat Time......
Same Bat Channel......
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

k0pd wrote:Well it appears QRZ has deleted the thread as a Hoax.

Radio-Mart, Martyn Allison Scammer?
Started by KD6SBR‎, 09-08-2011 09:13 PM

Thread deleted by AE1PT
Reason: Apparent Hoax Posting
K4TEC wrote:Put yourself in my shoes, I gave a stranger $2800 and 3 weeks later got a box containing SCRAP,, now if you were to open a box that should have contained a $3000 radio what the heck would you do? oh poor Louis,, yea Right,, like your making it out to be my fault I was conned and still are out $2800
I intend like I have mentioned to persue this to the full extent of the law in every way so this crook cannot do this to anyone else.
OK, so something doesn't make sense here.

If this entire transaction was a hoax, then why is Martyn out $2800?
If only the Zed post was a hoax to cover fraud, why isn't there evidence on eBay of the transaction that allegedly cost Martyn $2800?
And if Martyn was defrauded, why hasn't his lawyer contacted the Zed with a formal request for documentation of the thread from backups, for use as evidence in further legal inquiries?

I'm not trying to cast stones here... and I can easily believe that the now deleted thread, in and of itself, was fraudulent, as it did not pass the smell test on several levels. But this whole thing doesn't make any sense from one end to the other.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

For this and all other questions interested parties may have, I am going to have to refer you to

Kentucky State Police Post 12

Frankfort (Franklin County)

1250 Louisville Road

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601

Phone Number: (502) 227-2221
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Wow, Martyn, all I can say is this is not looking good for your credibility!

I, being someone who thinks you're of decent character, am starting to reconsider my perception of you.

ALL you were asked for was the simple eBAY item number and you gladly posted the text from said auction,
yet continue to avoid the ITEM NUMBER questions.

You are starting to look bad here... I hope I am wrong.

Rich
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

W4LTD wrote:Wow, Martyn, all I can say is this is not looking good for your credibility!

I, being someone who thinks you're of decent character, am starting to reconsider my perception of you.

ALL you were asked for was the simple eBAY item number and you gladly posted the text from said auction,
yet continue to avoid the ITEM NUMBER questions.

You are starting to look bad here... I hope I am wrong.

Rich
hihi I find it amusing that it seems eBay has pulled the listing, I find it amusing that there are so many interested parties wanting to know others business,

State trooper Collins i am shure finds it unusual that no one has contacted him regarding this as there seems to be so much interest in this transaction.

As it is a criminal case Rich surely you don’t expect me to comment do you?

Maybe you should ask the other party involved? Or Trooper Collins? You never know they may wish to answer you or anyone else’s questions but I for one will not be answering it despite it being a simple request and if the fact I chose not to answer your question makes me a bad person then I am sorry to see you have an odd outlook of me.

I have provided the State Police details and recommend you contact them.
I have been asked not to comment and that’s exactly what I will be doing regarding this case.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Since when have Police departments started giving information to those that are not envolved with the case.
Larry Huff K0pd
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

k0pd wrote:Since when have Police departments started giving information to those that are not envolved with the case.
They do not give such information to the general public.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

k0pd wrote:Since when have Police departments started giving information to those that are not envolved with the case.
I will quote you Larry as your exactly right.

There is a good reason for this and I am following in their footsteps.

What annoys me is the ones who think my non disclosure is a shady thing, nope just pure common sence.

When they are out of pocket $2800 and post something on a forum when a police investigation is under way try asking them a similar question and see what responce they give you.
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

EXACTLY!

So why should Martyn give the information here?

It is no-ones business but K4TEC and KD6SBR
Bill

QRZ Swap Meet Moderator
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

W6GQ wrote:
EXACTLY!

So why should Martyn give the information here?

It is no-ones business but K4TEC and KD6SBR
Well, since you asked...

KD6SBR made it, if not everyone's business, certainly a matter of public interest when he create the (now deleted) thread over on QRZ.COM. He made it other's business when he invited comments to his original complaint, and then replied to them.

One can not unscramble this egg.

As someone who commented in that (now deleted) thread, I for one have an interest. I'm not asking for a legal blow-by-blow with irrefutable legal evidence. I just want to know if someone tried to snooker us.

Despite the less than savory reputation that Martyn has acquired in many circles, due to many complaints against him & his business practices -- and I am not saying that all is fair, mind you, nor that these complaints and allegations are or are not neccesarily true & accurate -- I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As I said before, the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. The original thread, the comments about who was emailing whom and demanding what, the allegations of a relative in law enforcement in another state, the type of item allegedly delivered, the disappearance of the eBay listing without a trace... it just doesn't add up.
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

W3WN wrote:... it just doesn't add up.
EXACTLY!
N5AL

Post by N5AL »

The Ebay transaction number for this auction was 120764451979

If you type this number into the Ebay search bar, you should be able to see the auction listing that ended on Aug. 16. I remember seeing this auction around the time that it first appeared. The auction might not appear during other means of searching as it is older than 15 days. Martyn can still easily locate the auction because it is saved in his personal Ebay transaction pages, which I think are retained, on Ebay, for 60 days.
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

Bill

QRZ Swap Meet Moderator
ke7hqy

Post by ke7hqy »

Now we're getting somewhere...

It's a matter of he-said, he said in who scammed who at this point.
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

N5AL wrote:The Ebay transaction number for this auction was 120764451979
Thank you for posting this, I feel better knowing that Martyn is on the up-and-up and my apology for not being more trusting of him.

Rich
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

ke7hqy wrote:
Now we're getting somewhere...

It's a matter of he-said, he said in who scammed who at this point.
"Now we're getting somewhere..." I didnt know you had contacted my state police Tony? nor what your involvement in this matter actually is?

Needless to say it is me who called in the state police and are pressing for charges to be filed, so maybe you will reword your post?

There is so much I would like to print here but am under instruction not to so will refrain from doing so.

Oh Rich, its okay but thank you for your comments.
ke7hqy

Post by ke7hqy »

K4TEC wrote:
"Now we're getting somewhere..." I didnt know you had contacted my state police Tony? nor what your involvement in this matter actually is?

Needless to say it is me who called in the state police and are pressing for charges to be filed, so maybe you will reword your post?
I'm not involved, that's not my matter.

Many of us have been asking for an ebay link, and by "now we're getting somewhere..." I simply state we now have an ebay.com reference.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

ke7hqy wrote:
K4TEC wrote:

I'm not involved in this case, that's not my matter.

Many of us have been asking for an ebay link, and by "now we're getting somewhere..." we now have an ebay.com reference.
You seem to miss the point, What I am asking you is what business is it of yours? there,, thats about as simple as I can put it

"Many of us have been asking for an ebay link" it is the Many Of Us who are just being plain nosey hihi and sticking it in where it does not belong.

Dont take offence with my words but I know you would not like strangers sticking their noses in your buisness now would you.

And I suppose it will be the "Many of us" who will post that "Hey poor Martyn Got scammed we feel sorry for him,, Right?

If I listed the Hams who scammed me it would be quite a list, anyway I am busy,, 73s
ke7hqy

Post by ke7hqy »

K4TEC wrote:What I am asking you is what business is it of yours?
none - that's my simple reply :D

This "business" has been very publicly aired so it was the many curious among us who wanted to see a link to the auction in question. One's grievance in public is worth concrete evidence... like an ebay auction link.
Last edited by ke7hqy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N5AL

Post by N5AL »

My complete guess on the situation:
The radio got swapped out for a pile of junk somewhere along the shipping chain (or, at the packing company if it was professionally packed). Maybe, the radio was sent in the original Icom box and some dishonest employee saw that it was a high-end consumer product. This thief either wanted to keep the radio for himself, or easily resell it. He repacked the box with junk material to equal the approximate weight of the original radio so that the weight change wouldn't be detectable while in transit, and he could easily hide in anonymity while the buyer and seller point fingers at each other.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

N5AL wrote:My complete guess on the situation:
The radio got swapped out for a pile of junk somewhere along the shipping chain (or, at the packing company if it was professionally packed). Maybe, the radio was sent in the original Icom box and some dishonest employee saw that it was a high-end consumer product. This thief either wanted to keep the radio for himself, or easily resell it. He repacked the box with junk material to equal the approximate weight of the original radio so that the weight change wouldn't be detectable while in transit, and he could easily hide in anonymity while the buyer and seller point fingers at each other.
I would love to think that too N5AL,, but there are certain discrepencies to prove otherwise plus the seller didnt insure it for a penny (odd to say the least) thus not drawing attention to a high value item,, The rig despite being sold with the original box was not shipped in the original box,,, there is a bunch of other "stuff" to back me up so despite the nice thoughts this is just not the case,, 73s
ke7hqy

Post by ke7hqy »

Very possible. It's between the seller and buyer at this point.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

ke7hqy wrote:
Thanks for that, Well the way I see it, it is between me (the buyer) the seller and the state police and county attourneys.
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

ke7hqy wrote:
It has between the buyer and seller since it was first started.

The rest of this should have never been allowed to continue on, but thats how traffic is brought to this site sooooooooooooo
Bill

QRZ Swap Meet Moderator