K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I can’t help but chirp in here,,
I find the whole thing ridiculous when someone actually posts a good thing about me or my company how they are stripped down and attacked by the three timewasting people, making claims to the poster that they must be stupid, misled or lucky,,l let me show for example...

"n4dxx

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:42 pm Post subject: K4TEC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needed some icom parts. Martyn e-mailed me and told me what he had and the condition and he was quick to reply to question's and we made a trade everything went smooth..Radio packed well even though it was a parts radio (And i knew this)Thanks to him i am able to get my rig back on the air.I found him to be honest straight forward He even shipped before i shipped..Just don't get any better service..This is my first deal with him and i would not hesitate to deal with him again..Very nice guy in my opinion..No flameing please i am just sharing my experience with him and could care less of what others think..
and the responces to it "

larrylanberg
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got a good deal because Martyn Allison's business m.o. is exactly like that of a drug dealer. Read on

and....
n4dxx

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:15 pm Post subject: Hijacked

I just left a positive feedback for Martyn because of my experience with him.I did not post this for him to get beat like a drum..The answer is simple if you don't like him call him and tell him or post it in your own horsebeating thread..Like i said it was my first deal with him and i was very pleased..Nuff said.He can be reached at www.radio-mart.net

and >>>
After jumping the gun on Radio-Mart here is what I now know. EVERYTHING arrived in as described condition. It all works as it’s supposed to, nothing broken , nothing missing. In fact some of the items actually exceeded my expectations.

So what’s the lesson I just learned the hard way. I was totally wrong about this company and its owner and I am not too big to admit I WAS WRONG. Here’s what happened… after purchasing the HF equipment for large sum of money a few friends and many others sent me Emails warning me of possible problems. I then did a Google search and a bunch of stuff popped up negative about Radio-Mart.

Being human with all the faults that go with it I panicked. I allowed my frightened emotions over to overrule logic in this case concerned I might lose a substantial outlay of my hard earned money. After posting here on QRZ, I later on wrote the administrator asking if I could remove the thread and start a new thread where I could give this gent an honest evaluation. Since the administrator did not respond or take down the thread I am writing this as a full retraction.

In today’s Cyber driven world it’s super easy for any of us to jump to conclusions. This is America and one is innocent until proven guilty. In this case I held Radio-Mart guilty until proven innocent. Again I was wrong.

I posted in a panic what I thought was going to happen based on hear say and the information gathered from the net. We all know the net has its fair share of problems with what to believe & what not to believe.

When one is in business and does as many deals as Radio-Mart does sooner or later there will be a problem. I cannot speak for those who may or may not have had a problem with Radio-Mart in the past only with my experience so far with them has been.
I ( myself ) can find no reason not to do business with this company or its owner.

My Sincere Apologies To Radio-Mart , Larry Read aka KF6VMC

and >>>

Folks, let this posting serve as a warning to all. Although an apology has been received, some damage has nonetheless been done. I'm sure you've heard the term "can't un-ring the bell" and it applies in this case.
Frankly, I'm getting very tired of this forum and am tempted to close it down entirely. This forum was meant to warn people of known scams and rip-offs so as to provide a community service. Instead it has become a he-said, she-said food fight where the kids don't seem to remember the lessons that we all learned in kindergarten.

I guess being in business always will have its highs and lows but the handful of people that have done all they can to destroy my reputaion, I hope get their payback when it comes to judgement day.

I guess it is easy to forget the 26,000 positive feedbacks I have under my accounts on eBay and not to mention the 5500 private transactions I have had this year with my new web site.

I see one really annoying twerp complaining I didnt supply a $10 power supply for his Drake yet did give him what he asked, a $10 refund, and had to deal with the BBB in a case he opened and I won and his credit card company when he tried to pull a fast one on me and I won that case too, of the 3 meadling timewasters, only one has purchased from me and I have purchased from him.

So life goes on and I am satisfied I am running a sucessful business and providing the best service to all of my customers old and new.

73s :D
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Lee W4LTD i'll give you a OK for admitting you once were suspicious and after a couple of transactions were more than satisfied and now your supportive of Martyn. Both my transactions were unsatisfactory, so i felt what others had been saying were correct. But i do feel Martyn is trying harder now to do a better job than before, and i give him credit for that. Like i said in another place about him ,i believe he is no different than a car salesman in that he wants to put his products in the best light. And no matter how honest or dishonest a car salesman is perceived to all who feel they got jobbed their going to make the most noise. But in all honesty you were threatning if the deal was not as said, but maybe in your mind as a Government employee with a position you felt that is how to handle transactions, to let others know who there dealing with, that it is within your position to make things go bad for them if they behave badly. But to the average person that is still a threat no different than what a police Officer might tell a suspicious acting person. Your intitled to your views as is every one else.
Larry Huff K0pd
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Anyone want to by my 2007 ZR6 Vette? hihi

I did not feel threatened by the approach made to me by W4LTD, I am always confident in the products we sell and feel I stand by them.

:D

If there is a problem I try to resolve an issue usually just offering a full refund if a product is not as expected, after all I appreciate buying on the internet is the same as buying blind.

I am sorry that you feel dissatisfied with the products purchased from me Larry but I thought that had been more than well covered some years ago but some never forgive and forget.

73s
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Martyn maybe you need to re-read what i wrote. Martyn i used to box and i've never forgotten nor forgiven the person that hit me the hardest but i was smart enough to not agree to another match with him. I lost he won. I was not attacking you as i got over my anger more at my self than you a long time ago. Even the Poll i ran was not meant as a attack but just to give everybody there opportunity to give there opinion without being being attacked by either side unless they chose to expose there self and opinion. You told me years ago i was blocked by you and i never complained. So re-read what i wrote before this, before assuming i'm in attack mode because i'm not.In fact i believe i gave you credit for what i believe to be your efforts at improving your image. Actually i take most of what i read on here as just others opinions and there has only been one person on here that has genuinely angered me because they made a total 100% lie about what all i've supposedly wrote and i contacted them via a e mail and never got a answer and there one who likes to hint about being a good Christian. So Martyn just re-read what i wrote OK.
Larry Huff K0pd
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Larry I dont have a personal problem with you.

I would just appreciate you refraining from posting anything further about me positive or negative on any forum please as all that happens is it goes back the the usual 3 just knocking what I do and how I do it..

The reason behind this poll thread you started I will never know? anyway I did not appreciate it as I think I have been slammed enough, What really gets under my skin is the people who dont know me, have never dealt with me, just slamming my name.

73s
K9XR

I guess you didn't read the first thread about you on QRZ.

Post by K9XR »

Martyn,

I guess that you did NOT see the first post about you on QRZ.COM. You seem to think I have it in for you so it might surpeise you that I was very strong in my opinion that the thread should have never existed because I thought the poster was jumping the gun. I try to be Fair and Honest and what's right is right and that wasn't right and I told them so. There were at least 2 moderators that were involved and let the thread run way past it's usefulness.

Then the first thread was deleted and there was the apology from the buyer and then Fred put out his post. I answered his post and told Fred that the moderators involved in that should have been suspended and he took offense to that and told me I didn't know what it takes to run an operation that big. I don;t care how big it is, It is a business and should be run fairly. I responded to him but because he has no guts my reply was never posted and he locked the thread. I have learned a long time ago that Fred is never wrong. I know it is his game and he can play it the way he wants to and that is why I am no longer a Paying Customer on QRZ.COM. I even mentioned that I would have presented my comments in a Private Message, but for some reason hid moderators don't ever want to answer messages.

I have been refraining from any comments on you for quite some time and my comment to W4LTD wasn't meant to hurt you. He has posted the same thing about 4 or 5 times and I just wanted to point out what a Phony and Liar he is.

If someoneone has a good experience with you, I don't have a problem with that. I am happy for both of you. I hope you are changing your ways now that you are pretty much out of the rat race on ebay. If you would have just gone on your way in the beginning and had not attacked everyone who had a valid Complaint with you this would have been over a long time ago. Every single person who tried to present their experience with you was met by a scathing atack by you. I know in my case you lied through your teeth and I can't prove it, but I think you did in most of the others also. You are the one that asked people to post their experiences with you and when they did, all you did was attack them.

There are other hams on ebay that have some big feedback numbers that have nowhere near the problems you have. Two that come to mind are K8TJ and Adam. They both have spotless feedback records so it is possible,

As for your comment that there three hams here that you wouldn't deal with, I have a pretty good idea that the feeling is mutual, so you won't have to worry about that. I would further venture to guess that there are probably a lot more than 3 that wouldn't want to deal with you either, but that doesn;t mean that nobody does. Anybody here can do what they want and if it works out for them, fine, that's the way it should be.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Martyn i honestly am not sure who the three are who your referring to. You were only mentioned in the article your referring to as to give credibility to my comments.I told you the intention of the Poll and like i said during the Poll it is only a sampling. But Martyn lets be a little more honest about your own behavior as a lot of this would have ended and not gone on so long if you had sat back and not contributed to some of it. I admit i added to the fire but you want to place your self as above all of it. Then having your wife jump in did not help either. So Martyn if i never said another word about you the fact is more than likely when your name or Radio Mart comes up it is going to bring up comments. In fact until you jumped in again it was debates going on about AL and Lee not about you other than about transactions between Lee and you and AL's comments and the two i threw in on there debate.
Larry Huff K0pd
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Larry,

I know you mean no harm, but my name is Rich. The "debates" between myself and Albert are over with on my end. I am sure he will continue them, but that's OK with me.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I am going back under my rock :)

73s :D
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

OK Martyn i'll leave you alone under your Rock HI Hi !! And Rich i'm sorry but for what ever reason Lee (your last name)got stuck as your name you went by.
Larry Huff K0pd
Zero

Someone help me PLEASE!!

Post by Zero »

Dear Scott; KA9FOX

My name is Nipon; HS0OAG.
I leave in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
I looking for a HF Radio for set up my own station.
Last year, I was bid on ebay for Yaesu FT-1000MP, which the seller was "radio-mart" or Martyn.
I won and paid $1,381.49 USD. When I received the radio, It's not as describe; many function didn't work.
I told him what's the problem, he invite me to try to reset the radio, but same problem.
He was dodge and spend delay time untill I can't "open case" to ebay (expired)
He do nothing until now.

Because the FT-1000MP can not worked, I'd to bid the other radio.
I won bidding for Kenwood TS-2000 and Icom IC-746Pro at same time, on December 2010. (radio-mart)
I paid 2,742 us$ for both and hope to give the complete radios then.
Unfortunately, when the radio arrived in Thailand I can not bring through customs in time and the radio is returned to seller; who's radio-mart.
After that I try to contact radio-mart or Martyn many time many way but he didn't response.

This is the true story and very important for me.
2,742 $US is very high value of Thai Ham such as me.

My wife and I are very concerned.
Barrier of distance and language make me very difficult to solve this problem.

I wish some one can help me.

I'v every things etc. picture, message, statement, paypal transactions, if you want to give them.

So, Could you or someone help me PLEASE!!!

I am trust in HAM Spirit!

Thank you all,

Sincerely yours,
Nipon Sritrakool; HS0OAG
mobile phone : (661)8856969
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

Sincerely yours,
Nipon Sritrakool; HS0OAG
With a California area code?

Just wondering

http://www.areacodelocations.info/6/661.html
Bill

QRZ Swap Meet Moderator
K4TEC

Re: Someone help me PLEASE!!

Post by K4TEC »

Unfortunately, when the radio arrived in Thailand I can not bring through customs in time and the radio is returned to seller; who's radio-mart.
After that I try to contact radio-mart or Martyn many time many way but he didn't response.

Not certain why this is posted here? Today is the first I knew of a situation with Thai customs?
I have contacted my buyer direct and am waiting a response from him.
Not a big deal for us, I am pleased he has managed to make contact with me and he will be receiving my attention as needed.
Nipon I have not heard back fom my questions I responded to before you posted this here, for your information I can easily be reached at K4TEC@radio-mart.net
I wait for your direct response, not through the forum.
73s
Zero

Post by Zero »

W6GQ wrote:
Sincerely yours,
Nipon Sritrakool; HS0OAG
With a California area code?

Just wondering

http://www.areacodelocations.info/6/661.html

Thai local people call me : 081 885 6969
oversea call : +66 81 885 6969
e-mail: mr.nipon@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.
Nipon
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

Nipon,
Sorry to hear you are having problems with this seller. You did the right thing by posting since Radio- Mart does advertise on this site, and it's too late to file a claim on E-Bay. There are many honest hams on this forum that ,I'm sure would like things to work out in your favor.73,

Peter

w9lvm

Marty

Post by w9lvm »

Idi some dealing with Marty with no problems! Sold him a bunch of Drake Radios!
K4TEC

Re: Marty

Post by K4TEC »

w9lvm wrote:Heard same booted from Ebay! He had fis own site on internet last I heard. I heard he was not supposed to be on QTH!
you just sent me a direct email and now post here? I dont get your point but to clarify your false statements.
FYI Kenneth
I am STILL on eBay always have been.
I am and always have been on QTH.com
I am and always have been on QRZ.com
I own www.radio-mart.net and 3 other companies.

I dont understand what your point is?
N5IZ

k4tec

Post by N5IZ »

i dealt with martyn and had no problem with him ..he is a good guy..will deal with him again..
73 ray n5iz
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

I too have dealt with Martyn..as a seller. He paid promptly and offered positive feedback for the goods received. I can also believe that out of the thousands of people he has dealt with there were a few unhappy souls . Some for good reason no doubt.
From what I have read here I would much rather deal with Martyn than some of the people he has dealt with. :wink:
OK, So where are the filters now ?
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

I have had several transactions with Martyn. He gives out his telephone number freely. Always took my calls. All transactions with him inside and outside of Ebay were quite smooth and without incident. Pleasant to converse with as well. I understand that others have a different opinion. Probably time to close this thread.

Take care all.

Dave, w1wn
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Hey fellas, get yourself a cup of coffee and then sit down and read this: Enjoy

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?31 ... on-Scammer
donate life
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

W1QJ wrote:Hey fellas, get yourself a cup of coffee and then sit down and read this: Enjoy

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?31 ... on-Scammer
Looks like the lynch mob with fire and pitch forks are convening. Just one problem. How do we know the guy didn't really send Martyn a box of rocks?

- Scott KA9FOX
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree that the seller seems a little iffy but Scott does it look right for you to jump in and defend a advertiser? Just asking..
Larry Huff K0pd
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Won't be an advertiser long, if there is evidence of fraud. But, where's the evidence? I've not even seen any evidence this KD6 guy owned an IC-7600, much less shipped one. Just looking for the other side.

- Scott
ke7hqy

Post by ke7hqy »

KA9FOX wrote: Just looking for the other side.

- Scott
and I believe we may never know... after getting deep in I realized my fatal flaw - I didn't check ebay's vast database of historical transactions and listings. no 7600 was ever sold during the time frame he described, nor at the price described.

I believe we were "had"

I cannot speak to Martyn's extremely colorful and checkered past, but anything like this ball of hair muddies the waters quite a bit...