K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KD8HAV

K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Post by KD8HAV »

Buyer Beware: K4TEC, Martyn Allison aka Radio Mart is now selling on qth.com. He has been suspended from eBay, has a new callsign, and now has found a new source to market his "as new" equipment.

KD8HAV
K9XR

Re: K4TEC Martyn Allison aka "Radio Mart"

Post by K9XR »

I just wonder how you know he was suspended from Ebay?

KD8HAV wrote:Buyer Beware: K4TEC, Martyn Allison aka Radio Mart is now selling on qth.com. He has been suspended from eBay, has a new callsign, and now has found a new source to market his "as new" equipment.

KD8HAV
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Martyn also uses KJ4ZGF and i checked it out on e bay to see if he had any listings and he had none at the time. This is unusal for Radio Mart but does not prove he is suspended. But i too would like to know how you know he is suspended as i would think only Martyn and E bay would know that.
Larry Huff K0pd
W8UAB

Post by W8UAB »

lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

W8uab i guess that stops any false rumors. I do recall him mentioning, and i'm not sure where i read it but he had said he was working on a web site. Tnx for the info..
Larry Huff K0pd
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Copied from: http://www.radio-mart.net/index.html

"...Also we have a presence on eBay, I have provided a link to our eBay store where you Can take your chances bidding on equipment we have listed..."

It sounds like even Martyn admits buying his items may be risky!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Good point Walt as i noticed that too.
Larry Huff K0pd
K4TEC

Good Evening all.

Post by K4TEC »

Well Well, it seems some of you think I am hiding or something reading your posts.

So allow me to make a few things clear.

My call is K4TEC, my previous call was KG4ZGF, all easy to see in the FCC database and on line,, nothing secretive there.

I quit listing on eBay I have not been suspended, my account is active and still shows the 18,000 positive feedbacks and the power seller status, my choice to not list on eBay is my own.

I have my own web site I am playing with,, see www.radio-mart.net, my address, phone # and other details are listed on my web site.

So I am not certain why some people seem to delight in idle gossip but I am not going to try to stop you, hey its free advertising as far as I am concerned.

I have listed a few things on the site like almost every other amateur out there, I am free to do so as are you and the fact I have over 100 Icom mics sat here at half price is my way of offering a good deal to the forum members as I am not listing them anywhere else except on my web site.

Now I do not feel I have to justify myself to anyone but if someone has an issue with my company please feel to detail it so I can address any issues.

I put this open invitation out on QRZ and eham recently and you know what, I didn’t get a single response and the threads went dead.

So let’s stop these lies and malicious rumors right here and now, I do not hide behind a keyboard and am only interested in facts and not idle gossip.

Oh and I am very pleased to see I have good feedback on here also :D

Best 73s
Martyn
K4TEC.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

K9XR wrote:I just wonder how you know he was suspended from Ebay?

KD8HAV wrote:Buyer Beware: K4TEC, Martyn Allison aka Radio Mart is now selling on qth.com. He has been suspended from eBay, has a new callsign, and now has found a new source to market his "as new" equipment.

KD8HAV
Yes me too as that is 1 lie,, I am an active member on eBay, I have not been suspended, just an example of idle gossip and lies from KD8HAV
Its good to see how credible KD8HAV actually is, I guess I can assume that anything else he has to say about me is a lie too.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

K0pd wrote:Martyn also uses KJ4ZGF and i checked it out on e bay to see if he had any listings and he had none at the time. This is unusal for Radio Mart but does not prove he is suspended. But i too would like to know how you know he is suspended as i would think only Martyn and E bay would know that.
Hi Larry
I am pleased you can see through this persons claims
I hope all is well with you and thank you for your posting.
Best 73s
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Thank you for posting my new web site, that is very much appreciated and I confirm that the information regarding my web site is accurate.

I have given ebay a substantial ammount over the years and now is the time for me to try some other things away from the ebay enviroment

73s
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

and one final thing before I go and do something more constructive,
I have noticed that several people who have posted some really nasty things about me or one of my companies were placed on my blocked bidders list some time ago,, could that be a reason for some of the comments?
Ok everyone who is reading the thread,, be well, be safe and be happy
Best 73s and God Bless.
Martyn
K4TEC
K9XR

Re: Good Evening all.

Post by K9XR »

I have listed a few things on the site like almost every other amateur out there, I am free to do so as are you and the fact I have over 100 Icom mics sat here at half price is my way of offering a good deal to the forum members as I am not listing them anywhere else except on my web site.

Well not exactly. You had them on both of your ebay sites at one time.

I put this open invitation out on QRZ and eham recently and you know what, I didn’t get a single response and the threads went dead.

Once again, not exactly.The thread on e-ham is still going strong, although you haven't made a post to it in some time.

And if I recall correctly the thread on qrz.com was locked.

I guess what bothers me most is that you try to portray yourself as a little choir boy who is misunderstood and falsely accused. We both know that is hardly the truth.

So rather than trying to fight the past, why don't you just try to start fresh and hope that some will give you a second chance.

BTW I have found out in all my years of ham radio and trading that HONESTY goes a long, long way in making things right.
Last edited by K9XR on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Re: Good Evening all.

Post by K4TEC »

K9XR wrote:I have listed a few things on the site like almost every other amateur out there, I am free to do so as are you and the fact I have over 100 Icom mics sat here at half price is my way of offering a good deal to the forum members as I am not listing them anywhere else except on my web site.

Well not exactly. You had them on both of your ebay sites at one time.

Once again, not exactly.The thread on e-ham is still going strong, although you haven't made a post to it in some time.

And if I recall correctly the thread on qrz.com was locked.

I guess what bothers me most is that you try to portray yourself as a little choir boy who is misunderstood and falsely accused. We both know that is hardly the truth.

So rather than trying to fight the past, why don't you just try to start fresh and hope that some will give you a second chance.

BTW I have found out in all my years of ham radio and trading that HONESTY goes a long, long way in making things right.
I fully agree that trading honestly is always the best policy and I am pleased that over 18,000 people did think I traded honestly, I know that no other Ham Radio business had that volume of business or positive feedback.

It is tough to please everyone selling used radio equipment over the internet.
It like buying blind and I for one fully appreciate this and is why I usually offer a no quibble money back guarantee unlike so many others.

Yes your right I did list the mics on eBay and here also,, but I am talking about now, I think you will agree they are a heck of a good deal and I am pleased to offer them literally at my cost.

Qrz is locked and if you look at the tread I put out the question in real simple English, if anyone has a problem with my company please feel free to contact me for a resolution and all 3 web sites I posted on came back with not a single response, now don’t you think that to be strange?

I am not "a little choir boy" even though I do attend church most Sundays, , I am a normal honest businessman trying to run a successful business, nothing more, nothing less.

If you listen some nights to 80m you know that not all the comments you hear seem rational, and I know what really annoyed some people was when I blocked their accounts then the heckling really started, I will not be intimidated by these type of people.

I could go on but I am pleased you have taken the time to respond on this forum.

The very best 73s
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

KD8HAV
Dear Robert McGee I do not understand what grievance you have with me or my company to open a buyer beware thread?

It is no secret that I own radio-mart as well as 2 other companies, nor is it any secret I sell on QTH.com, I have done so for many years, but what troubles me is that you have made a claim that I have been suspended on eBay, that is an outright lie and you know it.

True about my callsign,, yes I went and got me a vanity call ,like thousands of other hams,,, and as for QTH.com being a new source for equipment, Sir I think not, QTH.com has been an amazing resource for radio amateurs for many years.

Now if you have a factual grievance with me or my companies then please feel free to contact me so I can resolve any genuine issues that you feel you may have.

I check my email regularly and hope to hear from you with evidence of any wrong doing.

73s
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Martyn i was just over on E Ham reading the thread that is going on about you and i copied this from todays listing and assuming you have not bothered reading the latest i thought i would copy and paste the question that was asked and that you had not answered . Since you are reading this one i thought you might answer it here.....

RE: Radio Mart (EBay)
« Reply #303 on: Today at 08:47:11 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martyn,

It is very interesting how you can post paragraph after paragraph of drivel, but will not answer a few very concise questions posted by WB6VHK, they are:

Please explain to everyone why "ts944" "won" over 50,000 worth of items from you in the last year. ( not just your radios but your Husquavarna motorcycle for 4500.00 dollars, etc.....

Please explain why "ts944" was the SECOND HIGHEST bidder on hundreds of your other auctions.

Please explain why ( just a few weeks ago ) "ts944" "won" your Tektronics spectrum analyzer on ebay and then you listed the same one a week later on your other account "ilove2cell" and now it is for sale again on your new website.

Martyn, PLEASE, JUST ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS!!

Cheers,
Larry Huff K0pd
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Larry I answered it there, if you look I responded within 10 minutes of the question being asked.
I have not had a single phone call or email re my comments and defense, funny that,, the same thing happened several months ago when I confronted the 8 trouble makers then,, no one had anything to say to my face.
Its very easy for bored people to sit in front of a PC and make up stories but without any proof they are out on a limb.
I am pleased to see that the "sensible" normal minded people see the slander for what it is and nothing more.
I am amazed at most of the threads on eham,, wow it seems any one selling a radio there gets attacked.
73s
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Martyn,

I have personally purchased a couple of items from you with great success, but your internet reputation does seem to be lacking integrity. I would buy from you again without hesitation, but please explain this discrepancy which was listed on a D-104 you recently sold on eBAY...

NEG Microphone was not in,"Excellent" condition as described... Buyer: geagle1 ( 5 ) Feb-05-11 07:40
Reply by radio-mart (Feb-07-11 05:30):
All you had to do was let me know and return it for a full refund
if not happy
Astatic Silver Eagle *Deluxe Mic * Excellent Condition* (#230577524031) US $81.00 View Item

Yet, in the exact eBAY listing for this microphone, your ad states:

Returns:
No Returns Accepted

Can you explain how the customer was supposed to return an item when you do not allow returns?
W5JON

Post by W5JON »

Martyn, Martyn, Martyn,

No you did not answer any of the questions, but once again wrote paragraphs of drivel and no answers.

Seems funny that you do not know all about what "TS944" was buying, after all is is your biggest customer. And from the number of items that he wins and, then get relisted a week or two later, he must be a real deadbeat. Why is it that a deadbeat, that wins items and never pays, is your biggest customer, and you do not know how much he screws you.

Also Martyn if you are so smart, why do you keep accepting bids from that deadbeat, you have BLOCKED bids from far better bidders. Radio-mart and ilove2cell seems to relist EVERY item that "TS944" wins, a week or two after he wins it. But I guess when you are such a nice guy, and run a HONEST business, you would not notice that. BTW, It seems that "TS944" lives right nearby you, I bet you are good friends, maybe that is why be bids and wins so many of your items, who would have thought that your biggest customer and deadbeat bidder would live so close.

Also in your answer about the Tektronics Analyzer, you answered that you have four (4) of them, and the one sold to "TS944" and then relisted a week later on "ilove2cell" was not the same one. And indeed it was purchased by High Bidder "TS944" in the Radio-Mart ad, but do not explain why both listings have the EXACT SAME SERIAL NUMBER, and DESCRIPTION.

Also, I will be happy to post my EMail thread with your XYL (ilove2cell) explaining TO ME that it was indeed the SAME Item.

John W5JON
WB6VHK

radio-mart

Post by WB6VHK »

Good work John.

Hams just love to talk, don't they? Easy to QSY from eham to QTH, No problem.

I will pose the same question here I just asked on eham. It would be VERY easy for Martyn / radio-mart / ilove2cell ( gottahaveit1995 ) to end rumors and speculation about his account status on ebay. JUST LIST ONE MORE THING and prove everyone wrong.

73, Darrell / WB6VHK
N9LCD

ENOUGH SAID!

Post by N9LCD »

I downloaded this from the Kentucky Secretary of State's Website at 19:45 Central time on 24 February 2011

RADIO MART, INC.

* Reinstatement Package (PDF)
* Assumed Name Renewal
* Printable Forms
o Annual Report
o Statement of Change of Principal Office / Registered Agent / Registered Address
o Request for corporate documents fillable PDF
* Additional Services
o Subscribe to changes made to this record
* Certificates

General Information
Organization Number 0510329
Name RADIO MART, INC.
Profit or Non-Profit P - Profit
Company Type KCO - Kentucky Corporation
Status I - Inactive
Standing B - Bad
State KY
File Date 2/8/2001
Organization Date 2/8/2001
Last Annual Report N/A
Principal Office 205 SALEM ROAD
SADIEVILLE, KY 40370
Registered Agent MARTYN G. ALLISON
872 BURTON PIKE
GEORGETOWN, KY 40324
Authorized Shares 1000
Current Officers
Initial Officers at time of formation
Incorporator JOHN F. MARTIN

N9LCD

:roll:
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

That’s 12 plus year old information that you have posted, My published informationis no secret.
It odd that information is for a company I formed but did not operate with that information.
Would you like my accountant’s number?
Maybe she will confirm my taxes are up to date and not as some have suggested.
As for posting further on eBay, cant you read? I have no intention of posting on eBay, I am surprised you have not seen what I have been selling on eHam and QRZ,, as you fellas soom to have so much time on your hands I am sure you will pick fault with that also.
It is quite sad that there is a small handful of you that hide behind your keyboards with nothing better to do than try to cause doubts and suspicions about me and my compamies, but that will hopefully soon stop.
I have now taken advise as to not to respond to any posts any further, I have also asked advise about perusing 6 individuals who have lied and been slanderous that I would like to set as an example as to what happens to those who lie and slander my name and the name of my company..
So as of right now I will not be responding to this BS on any web site.
I hope the next posting you will see will be from one of the lucky chosen 6 who will post "I have been served"
Then I hopefully that will stop this crap.
73s
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Martyn :

First of all, You would not sue for slander, you would sue for libel.

A bit of free legal advice :

What is ‘libel’?

Libel is a written defamation. Generally, radio and television broadcasts that are defamatory are considered to be libel, rather than slander.
Can I sue someone who says or writes something defamatory about me?

In order to prove defamation, you have to be able to prove that what was said or written about you was false. If the information is true, or if you consented to publication of the material, you will not have a case. However, you may bring an defamatory action if the comments are so reprehensible and false that they effect your reputation in the community or cast aspersions on you.
What about insults and epithets? Are they defamatory?

Generally, no. Usually they are seen as outbursts of emotion, with no real substance, except to show intense dislike.
Don't I have a right to express my opinion?

Yes, so long as your statement of opinion is just an opinion, not containing specific facts that can be proved untrue.

Are there defenses to defamation?

Establishing the truth is the single most effective defense that can be offered. If the remark is truthful and it "hurts", is embarrassing, or subjects you to ridicule, there is little you can do. Unfortunately, unless the remark is false, you have no recourse.
W4WU

Martyn Allison

Post by W4WU »

I just was involved in a trade with Martyn and had no problems with the trade. He did question the condition of my rig, but with a couple of emails we got that resolved. The emails following that were cordial and I have no problems with dealing with him based on this one trade.
Dick W4WU
KD8HAV

Post by KD8HAV »

Looks like "Marty" has spent the afternoon making new friends. He sent Thank You cards to all that purchased his microphones he has listed on QTH.com. Good Boy Marty :) .

KD8HAV