KV5J (PLEASE READ) SCAM ALERT ! ! !

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KS8M

KV5J (PLEASE READ) SCAM ALERT ! ! !

Post by KS8M »

I had purchased an Icom w32a from Patrick Starkey last Wednesday, Feb. 16 and paid using paypal for $150.00 He was very responsive prior to the sale but after i paid him, never heard from him again. after numerous emails i sent, still no response and no radio.

I will post this every week in an attempt to reach all ham radio operators so to avoid being scammed by this person.
Last edited by KS8M on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
see ya in the wind....

larry ks8m
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Larry:

Instead of posting every week, take 30 minutes or however long it takes and file a claim with PlayPal.

N9LCD
KS8M

Post by KS8M »

i just received an email from Patrick Starkey. He was in the hospital. The radio will be in the mail today. I will inform this forum as soon as i receive the radio, if i receive it, that is.....
Last edited by KS8M on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
see ya in the wind....

larry ks8m
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

You know with the majority of hams senior citizens i often wonder how many times some one has paid for a item and then not received it due to hospital or death. I agree that if you pay with pay pal and it looks like your not getting what you paid for that a claim must be filed. If you do get the item you can drop the claim. I know it works and don't tell me only through e bay transactions as mine was from a buy i made here.
Larry Huff K0pd