K8DJB Dave Bell One Hell of a Ham!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k2dmg

K8DJB Dave Bell One Hell of a Ham!!!!

Post by k2dmg »

I just wanted everyone to know about Dave Bell K8DJB. This man is by far the most wonderful ham I have ever dealt with. I placed a add here on Tuesday July 13th, 04 looking for an Alinco DX-70TH. David replied stating he had one in near mint condition and would sell it to me for the price that I wanted to buy one. I asked David if I were to send out a money order with 10.00 extra in it would he ship the radio Priority Mail for me. He agreed. He then told me to take a digital picture of the money order and send it to him in his email and he would send the radio out when he received the picture of the made out money order.
So know it is Wednesday the 14th of July 2004. I went to the post office and bought a money order. I made it out to David and took a picture of it before I mailed it. I couldn't send the picture to him right away because I had to wait until I got home from work to upload the picture from my camera to my computer via my cameras docking station. So I got home around 5:50pm and sent the picture of the money order off to Dave. No less than 20mins later I got a reply from him staying thank you for the pictures. He also told me that he sent the package out Wednesday Morning Priority Mail at 9am.
That means that David sent the package out Wednesday morning before I even bought the money order because I didn't even get the post office until 10am.
David I want to say one more time THANK YOU! You truly are a man of his word and that is what being an Armature Radio Operator is all about. You truly are a Class A man.
Dan Gitro
KC2HXB
[/b]