KC7CYA - Warning: Don't deal with this guy

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W0LC

KC7CYA - Warning: Don't deal with this guy

Post by W0LC »

This is a follow up to a posting I had on here a couple of months ago. I purchased a fully functional receiver, supposedly restored by this Tech, KC7CYA. His address is:
LARRY D MC EACHRON
107 E 3RD ST
GILLETTE WY 82716

What I received was a piece of junk! The unit didn't work, doesn't even appear it had ever been "restored" or worked on. Interior was filthy, chassis was dirty.

In fact, the agreement prior to shipping was the Seller was to assume responsibility in the shipping and delivery of the item in a working, functional condition. Seller had the opportunity not to ship the unit if he/she felt there might be the possibility of the unit being returned for refund. KC7CYA agreed to these terms and shipped.

What I received was a piece of crap that didn't work. I recently had the unit "gone over" by a real technician and found multiple capacitors that were defective, not damaged in transit as KC7CYA elluded (old excuse). He tried to push it off that the shipper damaged the unit, even though I informed this jackass that there wasn't any marks on the box. (He told me it was double boxed etc., which it wasn't).

He gave me a bogus tracking number.
He didn't file a claim if it was "supposedly" damaged.
Won't refund the money nor take this junk back.
Won't respond to e-mails.

Anyway, the unit is now working, but at an additional $125.00 on top of the purchase price.

I have filed an internet fraud claim against him as well as a criminal fraud (since over the dollar limit) with the authorities. Still awaiting to hear the outcome.

Sad there are buttheads out there like this low life Tech. One has to wonder if his wife and kids know what he is doing on the internet during the day instead of earning a real living doing real work.

Don't deal with this loser. He will rip you off. I can provide a copy of the repair ticket if anyone is interested. :x
W0LC

Saga Continues with KC7CYA

Post by W0LC »

I am still waiting for KC7CYA to refund my money so I can send his crappy (so-called "restored" unit) receiver back to obtain my initial cost of purchase. I haven't even asked this jerk to refund the repair costs to the defective unit which was almost 1/2 of the purchase cost !!!

In any event, I have some amateurs in his local area doing some research for me, afterwhich I hope to contact the prosecuting attorney's office to determine what steps can be taken to get this criminal off the internet so he won't steal from others as he did me. Still waiting to hear back on that activity plus the two fraud charges I filed.

WIll keep all up to date. Bottom line: DON'T BUY or SELL THIS CRIMINAL ANYTHING!!