KD9AN - Did not pay

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W8UAB

KD9AN - Did not pay

Post by W8UAB »

Richard staked his claim to an item I have for sale. Agreed to terms. Nothing heard from him after agreement made. Richard seems to have a pattern of not following through. I am not emotionally scared by this but understand that this is the forum to alert buyers and sellers to the good and bad habits of their fellow hams. The transaction (or non-transaction) details follow (just for the record):

Listing Number: 885739
Date Ad was Placed: 01/26/11
Callsign: KD8KBI
Category: ANTETUNE
Heading: Tokyo Hy-Power HC-200 HF Antenna Tuner
Ad Message:
Tokyo Hy-Power HC-200 HF Antenna Tuner/Coupler
Close to NEW condition and in the box.
Unbelievable workmanship. Switches are top notch. Case is heavy and tuning is a breeze. 3 inputs tuned or direct.
Tested and working perfectly 100%
$145.00 plus shipping

The response is from:

Name: Richard
Callsign: KD9AN
E-mail: kd9an@XXXXX.XXX

The response is:

interested to buy.

Hi Dan,
I estimate shipping to you at about $15.00. Your total would be $160.00
Do you have any questions?
David

no problem. can you accept a bank check? you ship after it clears.

Sure,
The check must arrive by Tuesday 2/2/11
I will mark the item sold pending your payment.
Thanks,
David

(No reply)

Please confirm your commitment to purchase...

yes

OK, Thanks!

Richard,

As expected, no payment was received as well as no communication from you on or before the agreed payment date.

The tuner has been re-listed.

David

The End
eric

Post by eric »

Well maybe he had other more important things come up and he couldnt pay you. Did u think about that? I have had buyers back out on me but i just move on and i dont worry about it. I dont hold anything to anyone until i see the money in the bank or cold cash in hand.
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
W8UAB

Post by W8UAB »

Hey Eric,
Let's you and I go out for dinner. I'll buy! Let's say Friday night at 9:00pm we can sit and enjoy a nice meal together at a local steakhouse. Keep in mind, if I find something better to do instead, I won't be there and of course, I won't call to let you know either.
See you there... or not.
David
GALAXY67

NO SHOW PAYMENT

Post by GALAXY67 »

I fail to see here where ANYBODY lost any money,was cheated,or defrauded,could have been a dozed reasons why he backed out,NO big deal,Iam not a reseller,although I have plenty of feedback,if I list soemthing,get an offer,then its called off,is a no show,no payment,so what,I might be irritated,but I would not take a full page ad out in the guys hometown and let everybody know about it,but thats just me,Don't know if I have ever brought up soemthing like that or not,maybe or maybe not,bottom line is,nobody was out any coin,my 2 cents worth
BOB WN8BOB
W8UAB

Post by W8UAB »

I fail to see where I implied that I lost any money, was cheated or defrauded. Is this the criteria for posting a comment about another ham? I am simply posting my experience with KD9AN as a predictably incomplete transaction based on his previous feedback as he has recently repeated this with another ham who posted for the same reason. How many times would it be acceptable for him, or any buyer, to be a no show before other hams should be made aware? 2-4-6 or more? You tell me...

Maybe the next item you post will go smoothly. Maybe the next item you post will have two no shows in a row shopping without a checkbook. The value of this benevolent forum is that when KD9AN pledged to purchase, I was able to look him up in the feedback forum, see that he has previously been a no show and thus put a time frame on payment to be fair to him and so I could move on in the event his reputation was consistent. Well, guess what, he did it again. Now, the next guy he approaches with "I'll take it" will have something to go on.

I still stand behind my original statement: This is the forum to alert buyers and sellers to the good and bad habits of their fellow hams.

My work is done here...
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

We did get over 24 inches of snow and it shut down Chicagoland so maybe that had a factor?
K9XR

Re: NO SHOW PAYMENT

Post by K9XR »

Wow, Bob. You must really be an easy-going guy. I noticed that at least once your buyer has stated that you shipped an item before you received his check. Now you wouldn't be just a little upset if he had decided to back out of the deal?

GALAXY67 wrote:I fail to see here where ANYBODY lost any money,was cheated,or defrauded,could have been a dozed reasons why he backed out,NO big deal,Iam not a reseller,although I have plenty of feedback,if I list soemthing,get an offer,then its called off,is a no show,no payment,so what,I might be irritated,but I would not take a full page ad out in the guys hometown and let everybody know about it,but thats just me,Don't know if I have ever brought up soemthing like that or not,maybe or maybe not,bottom line is,nobody was out any coin,my 2 cents worth
BOB WN8BOB
Last edited by K9XR on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GALAXY67

NO PAYMENT:

Post by GALAXY67 »

GEE WHIZ,I might have comitted murder,would that have been good enough for you??
BOB WN8BOB
eric

Post by eric »

kd8kbi wrote:Hey Eric,
Let's you and I go out for dinner. I'll buy! Let's say Friday night at 9:00pm we can sit and enjoy a nice meal together at a local steakhouse. Keep in mind, if I find something better to do instead, I won't be there and of course, I won't call to let you know either.
See you there... or not.
David
Sorry, but im spending time with my girlfriend and her kids. :-) :-) :-)
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
aa0hd

Post by aa0hd »

Hi David the only mistake that Richard have done to you is not to communicate with you that he is not anymore interested in buying your antenna tuner because something has come up beyond his control that he is not able to produce the money to pay the merchandise or maybe other reason. I don't see any harm done because you don't loss anything, take it easy my friend otherwise your blood pressure will go up and you end up having stroke. Do you believe in saying that only fools does'nt change his or her mind. Don't worry be happy.
73, and all the best Manny
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

Man o man did I get sucked in by KD8KBI. Thank you so much David for wasting my valuable time. I thought this thread was something I should be aware of. How do your teeth rattling sound?
W8UAB

Man o man did I get sucked in by kg4mlo

Post by W8UAB »

Although I have had mixed feelings about posting anything further, engaging those who have kept this thread alive, it seems that those of you who argue the need for such a post are missing the point.

In rebuttal, for those who feel I have wasted their time:

Let us break this down to an elementary level. At the end of a QSO, I am confident in my assumption that at the very least you offer up a good-bye, a 73 or something to let the operator on the other end understand it's over. Doesn't a cross country communication via email based on more than just casual conversation deserve at least that? Especially from a hobby that is based on COMMUNICATION? If you just stopped talking to him in the middle of the QSO, the next time you spoke, most likely the first thing he would ask is, "Hey, what happened to you the last time we talked?"

And another thing, Man o man did I get sucked in by kg4mlo. Thank you so much Ronald for wasting my valuable time. I thought your post was something I should be aware of. How does your teeth rattling sound?
Last edited by W8UAB on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
aa0hd

Post by aa0hd »

Hi David why don't you close this thread and go on with your normal life IMHO you are behaving like a child. I knew you are frustrated but nothing you could do at this point don't make this thing worst and bring you further in a depressive state otherwise one more medication added to your monthly bills will be more expensive than your tuner to maintain with a monthly cost of over $60.00 for lifetime.

Manny
W8UAB

Post by W8UAB »

OK, I officially close this thread!

Anybody posting from this point on will have to answer to Manny!