AA1OV-sold broken radio.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n3for

AA1OV-sold broken radio.

Post by n3for »

I JUST WANTED TO ADD THIS RADIO WAS BROKE WHEN SHIP IT HAD A SWITCH CLUSTER IN THE BOX .ALSO RADIO DOES NOT FUCTION HAD A CLUED KNOB THE BROKE OFF IN SHIPPING WHEN IT WAS PACK POORLY HE CLAIM HE INSURED IT CALLED POST OFFICE THEY SAID IF IT WAS INSURED IT WHOULD NEED TO BE SIGINED FOR ANYTHING OVER $200,OO DOLLARS THIS GUY IS A LIAR,,,,,,,,,,,DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I guess it is time to get the magic decoder ring out. TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON before you have a heart attack. Then create / write your add in WORD, at least it will fix the misspelled words and get your punctuation correct. Then simply copy and paste into QTH so people can understand your add. Cheers
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Oh come on N4ATS! Not everyone is comfortable with the computer. If it really bothers you - just ignore the listing and move on. You added nothing to his thread (and problem).

n3for - You probably should have added your additional comments to your original post on AA1OV-. BEWARE POOR PACKING . So, I copied it here to keep it in one thread.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:00 pm Post subject: AA1OV-. BEWARE POOR PACKING

n3for wrote:i bought radio from AA1OV was not pack well was in a thin wall box with thin wall styrofoam and padding with paper and bubble wrap bouning in the box. box look like it was home made here is reply... ;
If you accuse me of shoddy packaging, one more time, I will end this
conversation, and you can deal with the post office the best you can.

Get real, I didn't beat the s**t outta trhat box, the post office did.:

so fokes beware
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I would love to help him but can't figure out what a "Switch Cluster" is nor do I quite understand what a "Clued Knob" is , sounds like a new brand radio?
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

N4ATS - The only Switch Cluster I know relates to a car (had to search to find that) and the "clued knob" probably was a "glued knob." Hopefully, n3for will respond with the radio type, etc.

Now I did find an advertisement from AA1OV for the following:

RADIOHF - FT-901 / 902DM Accessories
I have the following FT-902DM Accessories for sale.
Speaker/ Patch.....$50
Tuner..............$125
Remote memory VFO..$125
Scope w/bandpass...$300
Transverter........$300
w/6/2/440 installed
Microphone YD-148..$35
Telex headphones...$25
w/ boom mic
All in good /very good cond.
All are PLUS shipping, insurance and packaging. Paypal OK
Listing #881028 - Submitted on 01/07/11 by Callsign AA1OV
n3for

Post by n3for »

Ok,The radio was a Yaesu Ft902Dm ,That had a glued shaft on pot,Broken AMGC switch
and the radio did not work.
K4ICL

This thread is now locked.

Post by K4ICL »

Dual threads are not allowed. Do not start a new thread to continue an old one.

You may continue using the original thread if you wish.

K4ICL
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL