Mike McLaughlin

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W8BDH

Mike McLaughlin

Post by W8BDH »

Tell me how many people out there have had shady dealings with this individual. Sold Mr. McLaughlin a Kenwood TS-450 with autotuner for $375. I thought this was a fair price as the radio works great and has seen many field days and digital work. Mr. McLaughlin decided he did not want the radio and demanded his money back which I refused. About a month ago he filed a chargeback on me with paypal and of course paypal sucked up to Mr. McLaughlin and ruled in his favor. I was smarter than he thought because I removed all my banking information off of paypal, now I have demanded he return the radio if he wants his money back. He refuses, calling me all kinds of names because I do not feel comfortable sending this individual money with no radio in hand.
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

The guy is a true scum bag !

Do your homework before dealing..
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

I suggest you follow up with pay pal referencing the above links.. Perhaps pay pal will see that the guy has a less than stellar reputation and possibly they will reverse their ruliing.. I don't recommend anyone doing business with pay pal or their bed partner eBay, but if you want to continue doing business thru pay pal, you might want to clear up this matter just to prevent pay pal from seizing funds from any of your future transactions.. Of course, you can always take my better advice and never darken pay pal's doorway again..

KM5FL