Don Lovell N4TIO BEWARE of this guy

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w9qne

Don Lovell N4TIO BEWARE of this guy

Post by w9qne »

I sold a old 30 yr old Radio Shack receiver & matching speaker to this guy Don Lovell N4TIO & first he tried to get me to ship it to a different addres than what was on the Paypal invoice so if he said anything, they would refund his money, because as per Paypal's rules you must ship to that address or they won't insure payment & now he has sumitted a claim to them saying that it wasn't as described in the ad, when in the ad I didn't even say it worked, even though it does. I usually never say anything on here unless its good news & work things out with everybody. But when it smells like Crap, it usually is. So now I get to wait for 30 days till Paypal decides to give me my money back or not.
N2DEP

Re: Don Lovell N4TIO BEWARE of this guy

Post by N2DEP »

w9qne wrote:I sold a old 30 yr old Radio Shack receiver & matching speaker to this guy Don Lovell N4TIO & first he tried to get me to ship it to a different addres than what was on the Paypal invoice so if he said anything, they would refund his money, because as per Paypal's rules you must ship to that address or they won't insure payment & now he has sumitted a claim to them saying that it wasn't as described in the ad, when in the ad I didn't even say it worked, even though it does. I usually never say anything on here unless its good news & work things out with everybody. But when it smells like Crap, it usually is. So now I get to wait for 30 days till Paypal decides to give me my money back or not.
I had the same thing happen to me not to long ago, I called paypal and demanded they release my money, its a good thing sometimes but having your money held hostage is not good business, when was the last time someone gave me a 30 day free trial on used electronic? never, from what paypal told me was its up to paypal to release the funds, I demanded my money and the rep from paypal I spoke to released the funds within 20 minutes.
N4TIO

Call it done.

Post by N4TIO »

Steve Cherry, W9QNE, sold me a radio that he said worked. It didn't. Two of the bands were defective, an issue with the band switch. There a lot of 30 year old radios that work properly. This one did not. If he wants to dis me and threaten me, as he has, so be it. But Steve Cherry is a fool. He lives in a fantasy world of megalomania. The FCC should screen people like him in order to prevent honest Hams like those I know and care for from enduring the fraud and deception people like Steve Cherry promulgate.

BTW... PayPal found in my favor.

73, Don
N4TIO
Last edited by N4TIO on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RFC558

Re: Let's put this in prespective

Post by RFC558 »

Are you returning the radio if they ruled in your favor?
N4TIO wrote:Steve Cherry, W9QNE, sold me a radio that he said worked. It didn't. Two of the bands were defective, an issue with the band switch. There a lot of 30 year old radios that work properly. This one did not. If he wants to dis me and threaten me, as he has, so be it. But Steve Cherry is a fool. He lives in a fantasy world of megalomania. The FCC should screen people like him in order to prevent honest Hams like those I know and care for from enduring the fraud and deception people like Steve Cherry promulgate.

BTW... PayPal found in my favor.

73, Don
N4TIO
w9qne

He's not the Winner

Post by w9qne »

Paypal did decide in his favor. But what he isn't telling you is they have gave me the money back to ME, because this CROOK is the Scam Artist that I said he is. He like most of these Scam Artist was going to send me back a empty box or something. Guys you have to beware of these Scam Artist's here on QTH when selling to them. I had a bad feeling when I first sold this radio to him, because he wanted me to ship it to a different address than what was on his Paypal invoice. If you do that, then Paypal will not guarantee your funds, so if he says he never got the radio & if your tracking # shows it was sent somewhere other than the address on his Paypal invoice, he gets his money back.
Before I ever ship something I take several pics of it & the ser# just so I will have proof in court when one of these Scam Artist's tries to do this very same thing. When Paypal had decided in his favor I wrote & explained to him that I do have these pics & if my exact radio wasn't returned to me that I would be pressing Mail Fraud charges against him.. That when I got this email from him:

I sold that piece of junk you shipped me three weeks ago, and told the individual who bought it that it was damaged. I lost a little money, but it's over, and I won't have you doing exactly what you're doing now, attempting to screw me again. Thankfully, I don't live and breathe over $103.00. There are bigger battles to wage. Maybe you need the money so badly you'll do anything to get your hands on some. I guess that's how you're paying for those "health problems."

I replied to your little hissy fit over on QTH, too. But like I said, it's over. I won, so now you can go back to pretending you're some kind of bad ass member of Hell's Angels. It's appropriate, too, isn't it? You've got $103.00 of stolen money to buy gas for your Harley.

Goodbye Mr. Cherry

Now, he had just a few days before he wrote me this email, wrote Paypal crying that the radio didn't work right & he should have his money back & here by his own words to me, he had sold it 3 weeks before that. So what was he gonna send me back??????? I am very glad it is over & another Scammer has been brought to light.