Be very aware of this seller....Doug Shook KC4MCQ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k7ejs

Be very aware of this seller....Doug Shook KC4MCQ

Post by k7ejs »

This seller - Doug Shook KC4MCQ- is not very truthful in his posting and correspondence with questions. I took a chance after reading another not so good review of this seller. My mistake though. I asked seller if radio he was selling came with a mic, since it was an older radio. He said it did. When the radio arrived, it arrived with a mic not made for that radio and to make it worse, the enclosed mic had its 8 pin din cut off. So now I have a radio with no mic and a mic with no din.

Repeater emails to him have gone unanswered. Shame on me this time. Please dont make the same mistake.
K7EJS
n9vao

Post by n9vao »

I learned some time ago that when you ask if an item comes with something be sure you ask if its an item thats for that radio. I was interested in a radio that was listed here and asked the seller if he had the box for it. He e-mailed me back and said yes. I bought it and sure enough it came in a box but not the one for that radio. I am not defending what he did, he should have said its not the stock mic. Also, this forum is set up to warn us about someone and if you see a negative posting on a person you want to deal with remember that if that deal goes bad you had a heads up on them.
kk4aq

no mics

Post by kk4aq »

some of the older radios a mic was an option. they didnt come with a mic. im not takeing up for the guy but if someone is buying there is 1 little word that will shed a little light on accessories and the word is " Factory". the more question someone askes when buying something used the better off you will be when you receive the package. no suprises!! you hope.
kc4mcq

Re: Be very aware of this seller....Doug Shook KC4MCQ

Post by kc4mcq »

k7ejs wrote:This seller - Doug Shook KC4MCQ- is not very truthful in his posting and correspondence with questions. I took a chance after reading another not so good review of this seller. My mistake though. I asked seller if radio he was selling came with a mic, since it was an older radio. He said it did. When the radio arrived, it arrived with a mic not made for that radio and to make it worse, the enclosed mic had its 8 pin din cut off. So now I have a radio with no mic and a mic with no din.

Repeater emails to him have gone unanswered. Shame on me this time. Please dont make the same mistake.

The ad said no accessories were included and when he asked if I would I told him i would include a mic that I had laying around, shame on me for throwing in a mic that could easily be adapted to the radio at no extra cost. Doug
VE7IRA

Microphone

Post by VE7IRA »

as pointed out many older or vintage radios a microphone was an option

Icom was a great one for not icluding a microphone for HF radios