N5ZDA Don't deal with this guy. re AD # 415464

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Gurdon C. Wolfe, II

Post by Gurdon C. Wolfe, II »

Matthew Farley, N5ZDA is not an honest person. Need proof, try calling his contact number, it's a police emergency number and he's NOT an employee. I purchased this repeater off of eBay, it did not work as advertised, it didn't work at all. When I opened it up I found several wires had been disconnected. I've sent several emails to Farley attempting to resolve this problem and he refuses to answer any.

Need more info, call me 850-422-0581 Gurdon, W4GCW
Gurdon C. Wolfe, II
n5zda

No Im not

Post by n5zda »

The Repeater Was in fine working order. I told him the wires inside were to connect to the phone patch. Seller was just upset because the shipping was too high and that is was not what he needed. Im tired of people like this scaring my name. .
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

Say what??? <<<"...Seller was upset...">>> I thought you were the seller???

<<<"...scaring my name...">>> That scares me!
KE3GK

what about ...

Post by KE3GK »

Curious readers want to know ...

N5ZDA:

What about the alleged fake phone number ?

What about the alleged numerous emails to you that you didn't answer ? This is not the place to answer - unanswered emails.

How much was shipping ?

W4GCW:

I would like to see that ebay ad, what's the number ?
Gurdon C. Wolfe, II

Post by Gurdon C. Wolfe, II »

Reply to N5ZDA:
This repeater doesn't TX or RX. Any responsible ham knows that you don't leave exposed wires in any type of equipment, you either cut them off clean with the pc board or you put tape on them and label them. You didn't offer any explanation about the wires until I exposed you for what you are. What I wanted was a working piece of equipment and I don't think that's to much to ask. When I sent you emails letting you know it didn't work, you should have been man enough to answer me and find out what the problem was and offer to work with me or return my money.

Reply to KE5GK:
The phone number in the ad for contact info was 504-588-5555. The shipping
was $6.34 via USPS, NO insurance, NO tracking number for a $250 piece of equipment. That is irresponsible in my book.

Anybody wanting a copy of the ad needs only to email me.
Gurdon C. Wolfe, II
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Sure enough, that is the phone number listed. Here is a copy of the entire ad, as it was placed on my site:

Name: fc
Callsign: N5ZDA
Phone: 504-588-5555
Email Address: n5zda@hotmail.com
Last Used IP: 68.11.113.109
Ad Deleted by IP: 68.11.113.109
Listing Number: 415464
Create Date: 6/2/04 10:02:12 PM
Category: RADIOVHF
Heading: Regency UHF FM Repeater Micro Com U15RA
Ad Message: This Repeater is in great working order. This repeater I bought a while back intended to use as a family service repeater. It does Still have the Family Service Crystals in it that i bought new
Comments:
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com