N2EFN Carlos ??

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W9OS

N2EFN Carlos ??

Post by W9OS »

Carlos commits to a deal and never finds Post Office to send money order.

Carlos committed to buy my radio and send funds after a personal trip.
He never sent funds when he returned .
Meanwhile I pulled the radio off the market turning away other buyers.
A week later he has to make an emergency trip and says he can pay in 10 days after he returned.. Sorry I never called you back Carlos.I told four cash ready buyers you were sending me funds and that never happened...
I hope you can find your checkbook or the Post Office on your next commitment to buy from a fellow amateur.. :cry:
k1fbi

He's still at it

Post by k1fbi »

Told me he was interested in buying my rig and never came through with sending the money and never told me he changed his mind. What a piece of work this guy is.
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

OMG... I know this guy. I have dealt with him before but my deal with him was in person. I once bought an amplifier from him and he VERY graciously drove a long way to deliver it to me. We met at a Wendy's and had lunch together. I see him at the same hamfest every year out on Long Island. Although I don't doubt what you both have said about what happened, it simply does not sound like the same guy I know. I am wondering if someone is hijacking his identity? I am a fairly good judge of character and I would be absolutely blown away if this is the same guy I know. I will certainly talk to him about this when I see him again or maybe sooner. I am wondering if someone else is using his identity?
donate life
W9OS

This Carlos Dude

Post by W9OS »

Sellers beware.................................
n9vao

Post by n9vao »

I would not wait for him again. Relist your ad and sell it to someone else. I'll bet that he either will come up with another excuse or not contact you at all.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

N9VAO this complaint was posted almost 7 months ago. Don't you suppose he sold the radio to another and not held it for 7 months.
Larry Huff K0pd
n9vao

Post by n9vao »

I'm sorry Larry, please forgive me. I only noticed the dates on the last three posts before mine. I will pay closer attention next time.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Was not meaning to sound insulting but i just thought wow surely he did not hold it for 7 months waiting for payment.
Larry Huff K0pd
W9OS

This Carlos Guy

Post by W9OS »

After he discovered my unhappy post he blew a bunch of crap at me about I need more education No clue where that came from.
Anyway I told him if I pulled that on him or another fellow amateur I would expect a post about ME jacking someone around!
w0bkr

Re: N2EFN Carlos ??

Post by w0bkr »

Yep, someone has been hi jacking his call..did it to me some time ago under N2EFN and now under his newer call WB2CM. Wanted me to swap radios with him, send him mine and he would send his...yeah, not going to happen. Already knew up front it wasn't the real Carlos. The pic of the radio he was swapping wasn't his pics, and like others posted, had a family "emergency", etc. This call has been perpetually scammed repeatedly. Hope he resolves it some day as it seems to be still on ongoing....